airdvr

751 "No-Go" Zones in France where non-muslims aren't allowed?

Do you think it's odd there are places in the US where non-Mormons or non-Scientologists aren't allowed?

The very first thing you have to consider is whether or not those places should be considered "private property" to begin with. If the compound is considered "private property" or a religious compound, then you have to consider are the non-religious people being kept out through courtesy or by actual force?

For instance, if a murder was committed on the property and a non-religious person was tasked with responding, would the religion still hold that the non-religious person was not allowed to go there regardless of the circumstance.

I doubt either you or I actually know enough to comment fully there. What I do know is it's not uncommon for non-religious people in the US to be excluded due to convention, but they can't be kept out for official business; a non-religious fire inspector for instance.

All of the above said...this issue you're talking about with France ALL stems from Mecca and KSA.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Do you think it's odd there are places in the US where non-Mormons or non-Scientologists aren't allowed?

The very first thing you have to consider is whether or not those places should be considered "private property" to begin with. If the compound is considered "private property" or a religious compound, then you have to consider are the non-religious people being kept out through courtesy or by actual force?

For instance, if a murder was committed on the property and a non-religious person was tasked with responding, would the religion still hold that the non-religious person was not allowed to go there regardless of the circumstance.

I doubt either you or I actually know enough to comment fully there. What I do know is it's not uncommon for non-religious people in the US to be excluded due to convention, but they can't be kept out for official business; a non-religious fire inspector for instance.

All of the above said...this issue you're talking about with France ALL stems from Mecca and KSA.

Private property?

In France, there are whole neighborhoods where police and fire do not go
Even the French government knows this is a huge problem.

As for Mecca???

Where ever they go they need to adapt
Not the other way around
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

HighJB

:)
May I suggest you to find another source of information about France
At least if you want a reliable source.

It is reliable as is anything out there
Abraham Lincoln

In many countries there are places where people from there will recommand you not to go. Unfortunately this is the case in France. But i highly doubt this is a religious thing, it's more a "you don't live here, you're not welcome" thing imo.
ça passe ou ça frotte

Kind of like a white person in the hood after dark, I get that.

Here is fox news with its foot in mouth after "expert" was on about this subject and made up a few no go zones of his own.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/_foxnewfacts_trends_worldwide_after_fox_expert_completely_makes_up_fake_story

Terrorism "expert" Steve Emerson on Fox News this week spread the false claim that the city of Birmingham, England – that country's second most-populous – is made up entirely of Muslims.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Kind of like a white person in the hood after dark, I get that.

Yes. Or a black person walking around in tough, working-class white neighborhoods all over the US, like, for example, "Southie", the South Boston section of Boston, MA. He'd also be in some danger of getting ass-kicked.

And there are mostly-white suburban neighborhoods all over the US where a black male walking alone at any time of day, regardless of how "well" dressed, is virtually guaranteed to be, at the very least, stopped and closely questioned by the local police.

Anvilbrother

Here is fox news with its foot in mouth after "expert" was on about this subject and made up a few no go zones of his own.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/_foxnewfacts_trends_worldwide_after_fox_expert_completely_makes_up_fake_story

Terrorism "expert" Steve Emerson on Fox News this week spread the false claim that the city of Birmingham, England – that country's second most-populous – is made up entirely of Muslims.

I was going to post that story, but props to you for doing it first.

airdvr

I get that. My question is more towards whether the government has given up control in those areas.

I listened to an inteview of a French journalist (I think) over the weekend (I wish I remembered his name) Anyway, he spoke about these no go zones that the French government has allowed to grow. He stated in these areas, no police, garbage, fire or anything else go there because they are not welcome and will be in violent situations if they do go. These areas have set up there own governement and courts that use Sharia law
He stated that the lax imigrations laws France has plays a major part in this and that government officials have been trying to figure out how to deal with this
He also stated that the government will now be compelled (In his opinion) to enter these zones and re-establish government rule.
There were also some very interesting conversations regarding guns, gun ownership and the mind set about these topics that the French have. But that is another thread

FYI
Dearborn MI also has some of the same issue to a degree
Large shopping areas where you only do business if you speak in Aribic
Abraham Lincoln

I listened to an inteview of a French journalist (I think) over the weekend (I wish I remembered his name) Anyway, he spoke about these no go zones that the French government has allowed to grow. He stated in these areas, no police, garbage, fire or anything else go there because they are not welcome and will be in violent situations if they do go. These areas have set up there own governement and courts that use Sharia law.

From the author who claimed the "no go" zone:

"I have clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply sorry. My comments about Birmingham were totally in error. And I am issuing an apology and correction on my website immediately for having made this comment about the beautiful city of Birmingham. I do not intend to justify or mitigate my mistake by stating that I had relied on other sources because I should have been much more careful. There was no excuse for making this mistake and I owe an apology to every resident of Birmingham. I am not going to make any excuses. I made an inexcusable error. And I am obligated to openly acknowledge that mistake."

billvon

I listened to an inteview of a French journalist (I think) over the weekend (I wish I remembered his name) Anyway, he spoke about these no go zones that the French government has allowed to grow. He stated in these areas, no police, garbage, fire or anything else go there because they are not welcome and will be in violent situations if they do go. These areas have set up there own governement and courts that use Sharia law.

From the author who claimed the "no go" zone:

"I have clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply sorry. My comments about Birmingham were totally in error. And I am issuing an apology and correction on my website immediately for having made this comment about the beautiful city of Birmingham. I do not intend to justify or mitigate my mistake by stating that I had relied on other sources because I should have been much more careful. There was no excuse for making this mistake and I owe an apology to every resident of Birmingham. I am not going to make any excuses. I made an inexcusable error. And I am obligated to openly acknowledge that mistake."

do you who this is? I would like to trace it back if i can
Abraham Lincoln

>do you who this is?

Steve Emerson. From The Daily Beast:

==============
Sorry, Fox: Birmingham Isn’t Muslim-Only
1/12/15

Terrorism ‘expert’ told viewers the British city has become a no-go zone with its Sharia law in effect. That’s news to Brummies everywhere.

LONDON — It is true that England’s second city is home to the nation’s finest collection of curry houses but, much to the surprise of a misguided “terrorism expert” on Fox News, that does not make it some kind of Islamist ghetto. Hit the town any night of the week and you’ll find aromatic restaurants packed with diners from every race and religion enjoying Britain’s national dish: chicken tikka masala.

Obviously, that pleasure has yet to be experienced by Steve Emerson, who considers himself “one of the leading authorities on Islamic extremist networks.” During an interview on Fox News on Sunday, he claimed Christians, Jews, and Hindus were too terrified to enter the city. “In Britain, it’s not just no-go zones. There are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go in,” he said.

That would come as quite a surprise to Birmingham natives, known as Brummies, like John Oliver, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Ozzy Osborne. In fact, more than 65 per cent of the city’s million-strong population describe themselves as Christian or non-religious.

Emerson thinks Birmingham is one of the European cities “where Sharia courts were set up, where Muslim density is very intense, where the police don’t go in, and where it’s basically a separate country almost, a country within a country.”

There are quite a lot of Muslims in Birmingham, about one in five of the population practices Islam, but it’s hard to say what proportion of a city would have to be Muslim for Emerson to consider it too scary to visit. Great swaths of London, must also be crossed off his vacation wish list because he seems to think an Islamic militia is operating a shadow policing system within the city.

“Parts of London, there are actually Muslim religious police that actually beat and actually wound seriously anyone who doesn’t dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire,” he said.

Actually, there aren’t.

To the Fox News presenter Jeanine Pirro, who apparently believed what this man was saying, it seemed terrifying. “You know what it sounds like to me, Steve? It sounds like a caliphate within a particular country,” she said.

The world’s oldest parliamentary democracy does not, in fact, harbor any caliphates. In Pirro’s defense, Emerson should have known a lot better. He has written six books on terrorism and claims to have testified before or briefed Congress on dozens of occasions.

When asked to explain his confusion by Raf Sanchez, from British newspaper The Telegraph, Emerson’s apology was fulsome to the point of hysteria. “I have clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply sorry. My comments about Birmingham were totally in error. And I am issuing an apology and correction on my website immediately for having made this comment about the beautiful city of Birmingham,” he said.

“There was no excuse for making this mistake and I owe an apology to every resident of Birmingham. I am not going to make any excuses. I made an inexcusable error. And I am obligated to openly acknowledge that mistake.”

He also promised to make a donation to a local charity and take an ad out in a Birmingham newspaper to apologize to the city’s residents.

Emerson probably thought he had sparked some sort of outrage among the victims of his smear, but being British, most just thought it was hilarious.
====================

billvon

>do you who this is?

Steve Emerson. From The Daily Beast:

==============
Sorry, Fox: Birmingham Isn’t Muslim-Only
1/12/15

Terrorism ‘expert’ told viewers the British city has become a no-go zone with its Sharia law in effect. That’s news to Brummies everywhere.

LONDON — It is true that England’s second city is home to the nation’s finest collection of curry houses but, much to the surprise of a misguided “terrorism expert” on Fox News, that does not make it some kind of Islamist ghetto. Hit the town any night of the week and you’ll find aromatic restaurants packed with diners from every race and religion enjoying Britain’s national dish: chicken tikka masala.

Obviously, that pleasure has yet to be experienced by Steve Emerson, who considers himself “one of the leading authorities on Islamic extremist networks.” During an interview on Fox News on Sunday, he claimed Christians, Jews, and Hindus were too terrified to enter the city. “In Britain, it’s not just no-go zones. There are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go in,” he said.

That would come as quite a surprise to Birmingham natives, known as Brummies, like John Oliver, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Ozzy Osborne. In fact, more than 65 per cent of the city’s million-strong population describe themselves as Christian or non-religious.

Emerson thinks Birmingham is one of the European cities “where Sharia courts were set up, where Muslim density is very intense, where the police don’t go in, and where it’s basically a separate country almost, a country within a country.”

There are quite a lot of Muslims in Birmingham, about one in five of the population practices Islam, but it’s hard to say what proportion of a city would have to be Muslim for Emerson to consider it too scary to visit. Great swaths of London, must also be crossed off his vacation wish list because he seems to think an Islamic militia is operating a shadow policing system within the city.

“Parts of London, there are actually Muslim religious police that actually beat and actually wound seriously anyone who doesn’t dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire,” he said.

Actually, there aren’t.

To the Fox News presenter Jeanine Pirro, who apparently believed what this man was saying, it seemed terrifying. “You know what it sounds like to me, Steve? It sounds like a caliphate within a particular country,” she said.

The world’s oldest parliamentary democracy does not, in fact, harbor any caliphates. In Pirro’s defense, Emerson should have known a lot better. He has written six books on terrorism and claims to have testified before or briefed Congress on dozens of occasions.

When asked to explain his confusion by Raf Sanchez, from British newspaper The Telegraph, Emerson’s apology was fulsome to the point of hysteria. “I have clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply sorry. My comments about Birmingham were totally in error. And I am issuing an apology and correction on my website immediately for having made this comment about the beautiful city of Birmingham,” he said.

“There was no excuse for making this mistake and I owe an apology to every resident of Birmingham. I am not going to make any excuses. I made an inexcusable error. And I am obligated to openly acknowledge that mistake.”

He also promised to make a donation to a local charity and take an ad out in a Birmingham newspaper to apologize to the city’s residents.

Emerson probably thought he had sparked some sort of outrage among the victims of his smear, but being British, most just thought it was hilarious.
====================

Thanks I found this one too

But the person i heard did not talk about it the way this article depicts. I am looking to see if i can find what i heard
Abraham Lincoln

I already posted that link above, but not to diminish the thread he was wrong about birmingham, but not wrong about the existiance of unofficial "no go zones" as a French person here confirmed it exists.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

I already posted that link above, but not to diminish the thread he was wrong about birmingham, but not wrong about the existiance of unofficial "no go zones" as a French person here confirmed it exists.

He didn't really confirm it, except in a very equivocal way that speaks better for itself than how you're describing it.
But be that as it may, since when is "Look! A Frenchman has surrendered!" a winning argument?

Anvilbrother

MEH

Its FOX
they shit there britches anytime they think they got something on them
I did not even know about this shake up until I looked after Bills responce to me

I am trying to find who did the interview
Hope to post it soon
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

These areas have set up there own governement and courts that use Sharia law

This is just not true.
Your quotation sound very similar to the right wing ideology (Extreme political party). No problem to find you people here (unfortunately) who will say that your quotation is right. It's not, they just use fear to get more votes.
ça passe ou ça frotte