mirage62

Why would someone be "proud" of being gay?

The Church of God, Cleveland Tennessee, has stated they will not perform homosexual marriages. Other than that LGBT folks are welcome to attend our church and listen to our teachings.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

FTR, you are using the word tribe incorrectly. Tribe more accurately refers to community. It is a micro terminology. In the macro sense, nation would be more correct. For example, the Christian nation and the north GA Church of God tribe.

It is amusing to me how the term caught on. I am the originator of the term in this sense. I've never heard it used in any Christian setting. It is only common here in the SC.

Back in the day, like '60s and '70s, the New Age seekers used to refer to themselves in the tribal sense. They identified with Native Americans in the Southwest.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I thought about your statement most of the night. You do provoke me.

You are an attorney and bound by your profession to defend the rights of the LGBT community. I get that without hesitation.

I am a Christian and retired counselor. I am bound by my faith and belief to warn all those that participate in illicit sex that that there eternal consequences. I have never or would ever involve myself in counseling regarding an individual's sexual life unless invited to do so.

I am not able to reconcile that sexual behavior is not governed by choice.

In my life, my family was plagued by alcoholism. I am "hard wired" so to speak to be an alcoholic. I like alcohol. It makes me feel good. I have not used alcohol for over 31 years. The reason for my choice is that it is not good for my health, my family, my employment or my social status.

In a court of law you would defend my right to sit at home and get drunk. Conversely, the Holy Spirit would convict me of engaging in sinful behavior. You would say I am free to go get another bottle of tequila. My Lord would say repent and ask forgiveness.

Do you see my point?

They are wrong because you cannot force someone to become a Christian. Salvation is the work of the Holy Spirit. Christians are only to present the gospel of Jesus Christ then teach discipleship to the saved.

I ued the word hate in defence of you claiming I hate things.
Honestly I do not.

Your repeated clear opinion is that it is wrong.
Now you're throwing your "word of god" at us in support of your stance.
You see it as a wrong, something that needs a fixin' like a drug addiction.
It's not.
Stop telling people they are wrong for being themselves.
If your god hates gays or the simple act of homosexual sex, why does he keep making people like that?

Where does me using drugs to practice my lifestyle come in to this?
:S:S:S

I believe I addressed that question in my post #98 and #107.

Who is at the center of your life? If it is not Christ you are living in sin. Light dispels darkness. Darkness in the absence of light. Evil exists where the Holy Spirit is not present. If you want to see the light you must decide to seek it, or flip the switch so to speak. If you have no interest in the light, do nothing.

If one can not be forced into becoming Christian, are they born as a Christian?

If Christians can not force/teach/converse others into being Christian like you are saying, than why are you wasting your time repliying to all these bullshits? Why are other Christians wasting their time trying to convert others to Christianity? Why are some Christians spend their rest of their lives trying to feed bullshit into other people?

So going back to my question number one from this thread,

Are you white/caucasian republican 40-50 years old who lives in the Bible thumping states? So segregated from mixed cultural society that you never had any interaction with Gay, Black, Hispanic, Asian culture.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

So right back to the judgement from you.
:S:S:S

It's clear we are at opposites Ron.
I try to accept people for who they are. I'm no better than the rest of humanity. The better than thou approach disgusts me.
Probably why I have issues with this whole belief silliness.
The first thing you do with "belief" is divide humans based on insanity. I will always think that's wrong. It's insanity as well. You believe this thing has created everything for a reason, then attack some of the things created because of what they were created as. Good luck with that.

Have a good weekend Man.
B|

No, we are all born sinners. To become a Christian you must be Born Again of the Holy Spirit.

John 3 New King James Version (NKJV)

The New Birth
3 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Read these Scriptures in order:
Romans 3:10
Romans 3:23
Romans 5:12
Romans 5:8
Romans 6:23
Romans 10:13
Romans 10:9,10

One last word, I am not better than anyone. I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. I simply desire to share my blessing.

Likewise, you have a good weekend as well.

again, I hate being stereotypical, but

Are you white/Caucasian republican aged between 40-50 years old, slightly obese, starting to bold, that lives in bible thumping states like Kentucky, Tennessee?

Have you ever ate Sushi? Those are Japanese food that has raw fish in it. This question is important; to find out just how much are you exposed to other culture besides corn fields and tobacco.

That's funny!

I am a Caucasian independent, 72YO, correct weight for my size, showing some signs of baldness and live in the north GA mountain church belt. And I love sushi. barbecue, shrimp, crab, sausage, steak, alligator, hot dogs, pizza, eggs, chicken, venison, unleavened bread, sour dough bread, hot chili's, pizza, pate de foie gras, caviar, calamari and grits, to name a few.

RonD1120

I thought about your statement most of the night. You do provoke me.

You are an attorney and bound by your profession to defend the rights of the LGBT community. I get that without hesitation.

I am a Christian and retired counselor. I am bound by my faith and belief to warn all those that participate in illicit sex that that there eternal consequences. I have never or would ever involve myself in counseling regarding an individual's sexual life unless invited to do so.

I am not able to reconcile that sexual behavior is not governed by choice.

In my life, my family was plagued by alcoholism. I am "hard wired" so to speak to be an alcoholic. I like alcohol. It makes me feel good. I have not used alcohol for over 31 years. The reason for my choice is that it is not good for my health, my family, my employment or my social status.

In a court of law you would defend my right to sit at home and get drunk. Conversely, the Holy Spirit would convict me of engaging in sinful behavior. You would say I am free to go get another bottle of tequila. My Lord would say repent and ask forgiveness.

Do you see my point?

Yes, but you're still confirming that you're (incorrectly IMO) equating innate sexual orientation with sexual behavior. They're 2 different things. You believe that homosexual sexual acts are sinful. I get that. So logically, as a matter of morality, you seem to believe that homosexuals, in order to remain moral, are left with only 2 choices: either (a) remain celibate, or (b) engage in only heterosexual sexual acts.

All voluntary sexual acts, as well as all voluntary celibacy, are matters of choice. Innate sexual orientation is not; it exists from birth. The rest is really just debate over opinions of morality and social policy.

RonD1120

Being an attorney doesn't force him to defend gay rights. Now if he were a government official (AG, Justice Dept) and he was correctly fulfilling his oath the defend the Constitution, then yes, he should be doing that. But since I'm fairly sure he's in private practice, he does it because he believes in said guaranteed rights. Your statement subtly suggests he might be arguing a stance he doesn't personally believe.

RonD1120

What no one seems to understand is that it is not who you have sex with, it is that you are having sex outside of marriage.

This looks like a nice catch-22.

Sure, you can fuck anyone you want, just so long as you're married.

Oh, btw, you can only marry someone of the opposite sex.

(time to go upstairs and have unmarried sex with my gf as a show of support)

RonD1120

That's funny!

I am a Caucasian independent, 72YO, correct weight for my size, showing some signs of baldness and live in the north GA mountain church belt. And I love sushi. barbecue, shrimp, crab, sausage, steak, alligator, hot dogs, pizza, eggs, chicken, venison, unleavened bread, sour dough bread, hot chili's, pizza, pate de foie gras, caviar, calamari and grits, to name a few.

Well, so many dietary violations there I'm surprised the fundies haven't stoned you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

well, the younger generation will see it as a some old dude rambling about his religion/ideology. Just like we let some old grandma or grandpa to be racist. They are going to die in few years anyways. Let them have at it.

I hope I never see the day past 50. My goal was to be dead by 20. I'm 10 years past due.

kelpdiver

Being an attorney doesn't force him to defend gay rights. Now if he were a government official (AG, Justice Dept) and he was correctly fulfilling his oath the defend the Constitution, then yes, he should be doing that. But since I'm fairly sure he's in private practice, he does it because he believes in said guaranteed rights. Your statement subtly suggests he might be arguing a stance he doesn't personally believe.

I've been quietly lurking this thread, it's very amusing. Arguing about religion over the internet may be the most pointless and silly exercise ever invented by mankind.

I'm just posting to point this out. Attorneys do not make arguments because they believe deep down in their heart that they are taking some sort of courageous moral stand. They make arguments because they are being paid. So, yes, attorneys can and do take stances they don't personally believe in. That's the job. Sorry for the thread drift. Carry on.

kelpdiver

Correct, and agreed. I just chose to stick to the main subject.