RonD1120

Joe Biden Defense Successfully Used

Is anyone here prone to fire their weapons in the air? I guess it's OK if the VP orders it.

http://www.salon.com/...efense_firearm_case/

VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) — A prosecutor says he’ll dismiss a firearms charge because he doubts a jury would convict a Vancouver, Washington, man who said he was following the advice of Vice President Joe Biden when he fired a shotgun in the air.

Jeffrey C. Barton had been scheduled for trial next week on the charge. The Columbian reports (http://bit.ly/1uX0k3G ) Clark County Prosecutor Tony Golik said Tuesday that Barton will instead face a charge of obstructing a police officer.

Barton admits firing the gun in July 2013 to chase away three men who appeared to be breaking into his vehicles. He planned the so-called “Biden defense,” based on a statement the vice president made in February 2013 that people don’t need automatic weapons because shooting a shotgun in the air would scare off intruders.

Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Barton admits firing the gun in July 2013 to chase away three men who appeared to be breaking into his vehicles.

Well, it appears that Biden's recommendation worked.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Andy9o8

the advice of Vice President Joe Biden when he fired a shotgun in the air.

Hey, in fairness to affable Joe, he was just following the lead of his immediate predecessor. ;)

But his predecessor fired his shotgun at a colleague.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Hey, in fairness to affable Joe, he was just following the lead of his immediate predecessor. ;)

Not really a colleague. Cheney is not a lawyer, but his victim is a lawyer. That's kind of like shooting Jesus Christ.

Andy9o8

Not really a colleague. Cheney is not a lawyer, but his victim is a lawyer. That's kind of like shooting Jesus Christ.

Think a LOT about lawyers - eh?

Or as I prefer to call them, "The guys you hate until you have to hire one"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Think a LOT about lawyers - eh?

Or as I prefer to call them, "The guys you hate until you have to hire one"

Is that how it's supposed to work? I didn't start to hate them until after I had to hire one... ;)
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything