normiss

Tennessee is sparking up the chair!

Channman

******The responsibility of choosing cruel (your word) methods of execution falls squarely on the individual state's legislators. Trying to place the onus anywhere else is, in my opinion, disingenuous.

Zach

+1

The bloodlust is strong in many places still. It usually seems to be strongest in places with those who claim to follow Christ the most.

WWJD.... personally I do not think he is much of a death penalty advocate.

The bloodlust is strong in many places still. It usually seems to be strongest in places with those who claim to follow Christ the most.

The place that Obama bows to kings would very much disagree with you.

I have even seen their brand of justice. Hands cut off, and beheading.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

We all know THE KINGDOM.. gets off on that but I thought we were talking about America, a supposedly civilized western country that many here like to claim is a Christian country and so many claim to follow the well tanned Semitic/ Jewish guy from 2000 years ago. Question how do you think he will feel about those who like to judge others and not follow what he taught???

Amazon

We all know THE KINGDOM.. gets off on that but I thought we were talking about America, a supposedly civilized western country that many here like to claim is a Christian country and so many claim to follow the well tanned Semitic/ Jewish guy from 2000 years ago. Question how do you think he will feel about those who like to judge others and not follow what he taught???

The same way he would feel about those that choose and advocate abortion.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

it's a tough subject, with lots of variables...

one of my brothers came up with a interesting idea, many years ago...

Invent a machine that can artificially AGE a person.

Instead of "housing prisoners for years and years AND instead of "executing " them,,,,,
in one 60 minute "session" the Perpetrator is Aged,, whatever number of years their sentence dictates.. Become convicted, and within one month that person enters this chamber and is AGED 5, 10 , 20, or 30 YEARS....
and then departs the machine, THAT many years OLDER...

IF they were 30 years old at the time of the crime,,, then instantly, they have forfeited those crucial, and valuable years, which they THOUGHT they would HAVE to enjoy...
Sentences of "Life" would automatically require the machine to bring that person to the age of 100.
IF they emerge from THAT,,,, and are still alive...so be it.. LIFE for them will NEVER be the same,,,,, AS is the case for many victims.....
A young person who "receives" 10 or 15 years...and suddenly has blown right THROUGH their 30s or 40s might just very well RE-Think any attempts at recidivism,,,, and hopefully would reconsider continuing criminal behavior, Such people will absolutely Regret past behavior...and not repeat it.
One of our Primary incentives in this world is the idea that we CAN live a long and hopefully happy life, as long as we adhere to "sensible socially determined ways of behavior ". Take THAT away from people, and make it clear to the "general public" that such procedures WILL occur to Anyone who chooses a criminal way of life...

With THIS approach, (which is NOT a Joke )... there IS no "executing, of Anyone" there is waaay less cost and effort to incarcerate people for what often amounts to decades and decades , Prison operational costs are reduced and perhaps eliminated, and there could be a cottage industry in Mass producing and operating such Aging centers...

so this is a "semi-serious" suggestion. Science very likely HAS the technology to implement it. and should do so,, Before Star Date 2100... ( so now you Know that my Bro, came up with the idea,,, after many many sessions, watching Dr. Bones McCoy CURE people with the wave of a handheld rejuvenator..) He figures why can't it work , as an aging device...and I Agree with him...
That is All....:o

jmy:)

Barbaric and backwards. I wonder how long the USA will keep company with China, North Korea et al. Its now the only place in western civilisation that has the death penalty.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Amazon

***The responsibility of choosing cruel (your word) methods of execution falls squarely on the individual state's legislators. Trying to place the onus anywhere else is, in my opinion, disingenuous.

Zach

+1

Interesting comment. so muslim countries where women can be stoned to death for being raped get a pass?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

jimmytavino

it's a tough subject, with lots of variables...

one of my brothers came up with a interesting idea, many years ago...

Invent a machine that can artificially AGE a person.

Instead of "housing prisoners for years and years AND instead of "executing " them,,,,,
in one 60 minute "session" the Perpetrator is Aged,, whatever number of years their sentence dictates.. Become convicted, and within one month that person enters this chamber and is AGED 5, 10 , 20, or 30 YEARS....

IF they were 30 years old at the time of the crime,,, then instantly, they have forfeited those crucial, and valuable years, which they THOUGHT they would HAVE to enjoy...
Sentences of "Life" would automatically require the machine to bring that person to the age of 100.
IF they emerge from THAT,,,, and are still alive...so be it.. LIFE for them will NEVER be the same,,,,, AS is the case for many victims.....
A young person who "receives" 10 or 15 years...and suddenly has blown right THROUGH their 30s or 40s might just very well RE-Think any attempts at recidivism,,,, and hopefully would reconsider continuing criminal behavior, Such people will absolutely Regret past behavior...and not repeat it.
One of our Primary incentives in this world is the idea that we CAN live a long and hopefully happy life, as long as we adhere to "sensible socially determined ways of behavior ". Take THAT away from people, and make it clear to the "general public" that such procedures WILL occur to Anyone who chooses a criminal way of life...

With THIS approach, (which is NOT a Joke )... there IS no "executing, of Anyone" there is waaay less cost and effort to incarcerate people for what often amounts to decades and decades , Prison operational costs are reduced and perhaps eliminated, and there could be a cottage industry in Mass producing and operating such Aging centers...

so this is a "semi-serious" suggestion. Science very likely HAS the technology to implement it. and should do so,, Before Star Date 2100... ( so now you Know that my Bro, came up with the idea,,, after many many sessions, watching Dr. Bones McCoy CURE people with the wave of a handheld rejuvenator..) He figures why can't it work , as an aging device...and I Agree with him...
That is All....:o

jmy:)

But then you end up with Khan

turtlespeed

You are not very well versed in human reproductive reality are you.[:/]

Amazon

You have a hard time accepting answers to your questions that differ from your own, don't you.

skypuppy

******The responsibility of choosing cruel (your word) methods of execution falls squarely on the individual state's legislators. Trying to place the onus anywhere else is, in my opinion, disingenuous.

Zach

+1

Interesting comment. so muslim countries where women can be stoned to death for being raped get a pass?

We are talking about THIS country.... not backwards 7th century embracing third world shitholes with millions of men who have no chance ever of getting laid.. like the douchebag in Santa Barbara... without complete and total control over women.

Do you really think those same kinds of things do not happen here with the domestic violence statistics we have????

When you look at a map of where the Right to life movement is strongest it is also where the death penalty still exists.

turtlespeed

You have a hard time accepting answers to your questions that differ from your own, don't you.

Well then, in your pretense of being a libertarian, why do you want government and church based moraility tied together for control over womens reproductive choices...????

I would have thought a good libertarian, in the desire to have less government intrusion into peoples lives, you would allow others the same in theirs. Perhaps letting the person deal with their decisions in life when they have to stand in judgment would be a tad more libertarian... just as state sponsored murder... would seem to be against libertarian principles.

Amazon

Well then, in your pretense of being a libertarian, why do you want government and church based moraility tied together for control over womens reproductive choices...????

I would have thought a good libertarian, in the desire to have less government intrusion into peoples lives, you would allow others the same in theirs. Perhaps letting the person deal with their decisions in life when they have to stand in judgment would be a tad more libertarian... just as state sponsored murder... would seem to be against libertarian principles.

Whoah! There little cupcake.

You asked what Jesus would think - not me.

Greaat.. then leave it to the woman and her maker ...

Back on track...

If you have someone convicted for heinous crimes... isolate them from humanity... lock them up and ensure they can never harm another human being. Let them deal with what they have done with their maker. Murdering someone for murdering someone is a stone age failure in logic.

Amazon

Greaat.. then leave it to the woman and her maker ...

Back on track...

If you have someone convicted for heinous crimes... isolate them from humanity... lock them up and ensure they can never harm another human being. Let them deal with what they have done with their maker. Murdering someone for murdering someone is a stone age failure in logic.

That is an opinion.

I disagree.

Change isn't ALWAYS good.

turtlespeed

***Greaat.. then leave it to the woman and her maker ...

Back on track...

That is an opinion.

I disagree.

Change isn't ALWAYS good.

I am good with my choices in life... walking away from things that do not follow what I know is right, is a great comfort as I rapidly approach my long dirt nap.

I have no control over other peoples choices. Good Luck with yours.

billvon

>I'd rather choose a rule of law and stick to it. Transient public passions are no way to decide questions of justice.

This whole thread affirms this position greatly. Nicely stated.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

jimmytavino

Just give them a mountain of coke and whiskey?

Ignoring the obvious - that we don't have such a machine - the imposition of the irreversible sentence within a month is a non starter given the time lag for any appeals to be filed or heard, or the long history of cases that are reversed years and decades after.