jclalor

Independent Lens "God loves Africa"

Coreece

***An excellent 2014 documentary on why Uganda ground zero for American fundamentalist missionaries

Meh, this is more my style...true story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eddnloOFjwY

Yeah baby, gotta see that one.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jclalor

An excellent 2014 documentary on why Uganda is ground zero for American fundamentalist missionaries.

Showing on PBS this week

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/god-loves-uganda/

This one will be worth the time. What did you learn from watching it?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***An excellent 2014 documentary on why Uganda is ground zero for American fundamentalist missionaries.

Showing on PBS this week

That the lower the educational and social status of a person is, the easier it is to get them to believe the most absurd things. That the credit I gave to Bush 42 for all the money he spent in Africa for HIV prevention was bullshit and that he did more harm than good.

This also confirmed my belief that hard core Christian evangelist are mentally disturbed.

I found the program on Netflix and watched it. First, since PBS is liberal media, as is NPR, it does not surprise me that they would produce a documentary with a liberal agenda. Second, I found no evidence in the film supporting your claim that GWB pushed a BS HIV/AIDS funding channel. He supported abstinence, as stated in the documentary. I taught the same principle when I was working in the substance use disorder programs. Abstinence is a guaranteed method to avoid STDs.

Third, and the main purpose of the evangelicals is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and to teach the word of God. Therefore, being a conservative Christian I applaud the work IHOP and the others are doing.

Uganda is a democratic country. They proposed anti-gay legislation, apparently now law, that is in line with their surrounding national neighbors and in many other African countries. That is what democracies do.

The Bible clearly teaches that the wages of sin is death. All sexual behavior outside of marriage is sin. Homosexuals are explicitly named as a people group with an abominable life style that will suffer consequences. However, all those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. Fornicators, adulterers and the LBGTs fall into this category of those loved by God and have an escape.

The Bible clearly teaches that the wages of sin is death.

Also causing death . . . nothing. That's how it works. EVERYBODY dies regardless.

It serves no purpose other than religious ego to claim sin causes death.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Uganda is a democratic country. They proposed anti-gay legislation, apparently now law, that is in line with their surrounding national neighbors and in many other African countries. That is what democracies do.

Most of the African countries they are "in line" with are are Muslim, funny how you guys have so much more in common than you'll ever realize, or want to realize.

Coreece

***An excellent 2014 documentary on why Uganda ground zero for American fundamentalist missionaries

Meh, this is more my style...true story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eddnloOFjwY

Meh, looks like they put the whole budget into making the trailer. Only got a 29% on Rotten Tomatoes and they only did a million at the box office.

RonD1120

I found the program on Netflix and watched it. First, since PBS is liberal media, as is NPR, it does not surprise me that they would produce a documentary with a liberal agenda.

LOL - I heard throughout my life how PBS was funded and controlled by conservatives. As current examples:

http://pando.com/2014/02/12/the-wolf-of-sesame-street-revealing-the-secret-corruption-inside-pbss-news-division/

http://boingboing.net/2013/05/20/how-far-does-pbs-go-to-avoid-o.html

quade

Also causing death . . . nothing. That's how it works. EVERYBODY dies regardless.

Romans 6:22-23
New King James Version (NKJV)
22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

RonD1120

I found the program on Netflix and watched it. First, since PBS is liberal media, as is NPR, it does not surprise me that they would produce a documentary with a liberal agenda. Second, I found no evidence in the film supporting your claim that GWB pushed a BS HIV/AIDS funding channel. He supported abstinence, as stated in the documentary. I taught the same principle when I was working in the substance use disorder programs. Abstinence is a guaranteed method to avoid STDs.

Third, and the main purpose of the evangelicals is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and to teach the word of God. Therefore, being a conservative Christian I applaud the work IHOP and the others are doing.

The Bible clearly teaches that the wages of sin is death. All sexual behavior outside of marriage is sin. Homosexuals are explicitly named as a people group with an abominable life style that will suffer consequences. However, all those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. Fornicators, adulterers and the LBGTs fall into this category of those loved by God and have an escape.

Those god damn fornicators!

skinnay

It is amazing what you can accomplish in life when you develop self control. Self control is unlimited when you have the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. The power to overcome is a fascinating adventure expanding the boundaries of life beyond imagination.

But then again, all some people want out of life is to get their rocks off, any way they can.

skinnay

***I found the program on Netflix and watched it. First, since PBS is liberal media, as is NPR, it does not surprise me that they would produce a documentary with a liberal agenda. Second, I found no evidence in the film supporting your claim that GWB pushed a BS HIV/AIDS funding channel. He supported abstinence, as stated in the documentary. I taught the same principle when I was working in the substance use disorder programs. Abstinence is a guaranteed method to avoid STDs.

Thank God that there is a loving God ready to cast them into a lake of fire for eternity for being human!
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

RonD1120

It is amazing what you can accomplish in life when you develop self control. Self control is unlimited when you have the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. The power to overcome is a fascinating adventure expanding the boundaries of life beyond imagination.

But then again, all some people want out of life is to get their rocks off, any way they can.

Oh yeah? Please tell us what you have accomplished in life. I would love to hear this :D

skinnay

Oh yeah? Please tell us what you have accomplished in life. I would love to hear this :D

I have been blessed beyond what I deserve. When you seek the kingdom of God all else is added unto you. What I have is no use to you, except Christ in your life. I prefer not to brag.

The big question is what do you seek that you cannot have? Do you have victory over fear, anger, depression and guilt? Do you know what agape is?

I have been blessed beyond what I deserve

Your God gives you more than you deserve yet, the starving around the world are less deserving?????

You mention "unconditional love" yet, you often spew hate.

I find no need for an imaginary friend to give me strength. I fought a long battle (and still fighting today) with a real illness that can kill me. I have manage to stay on top with zero help from that which does not exist. I credit myself and those around me. No need to give credit to the unreal.
Neil Young

RonD1120

I think there would be far less greed and war in the world if every adult had at least one orgasm a day. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

I think there would be far less greed and war in the world if every adult had at least one orgasm a day. :)
Problem being is no one can stop at just one. Greedy fuckers.
Neil Young

jclalor

******An excellent 2014 documentary on why Uganda is ground zero for American fundamentalist missionaries.

Showing on PBS this week

That the lower the educational and social status of a person is, the easier it is to get them to believe the most absurd things. That the credit I gave to Bush 42 for all the money he spent in Africa for HIV prevention was bullshit and that he did more harm than good.

This also confirmed my belief that hard core Christian evangelist are mentally disturbed.

...and that's fine.

I'm sure you'll continue to align yourself with propaganda that supports various stereotypes and fuels your hatred, just as I'm sure Ugandans will continue to align themselves with propaganda showing that coprophilia and child molestation are the norms of homosexuality.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

freethefly

Your God gives you more than you deserve yet, the starving around the world are less deserving?????

Do you really believe that the earth is incapable of providing sustenance for everyone on this planet?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Coreece

Do you really believe that the earth is incapable of providing sustenance for everyone on this planet?

Yes!

We are, in fact, well beyond that point. The ONLY reason there are 7.2 BILLION people alive on earth is because humans have artificially manipulated the situation.

http://www.vaclavsmil.com/wp-content/uploads/PDR1994.pdf

The above .pdf discusses some of the difficulties in coming up with a perfect estimate, but it's possible to distill the concept to its most basic form.

Have you ever heard of the BioSphere 2 project? Essentially a giant terrarium for research stocked with plants, water, animals, and human researchers. The thing that becomes instantly clear is that in any closed ecosystem there is an upper growth limit. Put in too many humans and you can't feed them all with the amount of crops you can grow. You can fiddle with things to attempt to have higher crop yields, but ultimately, if its a closed system, then there's only so much you can do. For instance, (and roughly, these aren't perfect numbers) attempting to grow twice as much food for twice as many people takes twice as much land and twice as much water . . . so where are you going to get that? It's a closed system. You might be able to be more efficient in some ways, but ultimately there is a limit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

RonD1120

Romans 6:22-23
New King James Version (NKJV)
22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You do realize who the writer was of most of those "books" right.. Think he might have had a Leviticus bias going on?

If I remember all that Bible learnin from Parochial school... The Lord does not mention that sort of thing AND made sure to hang out with the dregs of society.. not the Pharisee's.
Do you think the jewish and Christian priestly caste might have a bias based on a whole lot of "laws" that are ignored by most of the "faithful" on a daily basis???