shropshire

CT State Police Spokesman Says – They Would Participate In Door To Door Gun Confiscations

The State of Connecticut says that all citizens must register rifles and high capacity magazines, or be charged will a felony. As many as 350,000 people could face heavily armed police smashing down their doors and be charged with a felony.
The legislature of Connecticut says that a registration is needed so they can know where the guns are. Yet at the same time, they are sending threatening letters to gun owners. So they already have records of who has purchased certain guns. The fact is, that the Connecticut legislature fully intends to confiscate hundreds of thousands of firearms anyway. The registration process will simply make it easier to confiscate, because you acknowledge that you still own a firearm that the state already suspects that you own.
In a recorded phone call Connecticut State Police Spokesman Lt. Vance was reached at at (860) 685-8290 and says that state police would comply with an order from the state to conduct door to door gun confiscations.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/ct-state-police-would-participate-in-gun-confiscations/#axzz2uZtg0DbH

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It's funny how you guys are focusing on the source of the news, rather than on the news itself, or the issue attendent with it.

It's kind of like that other thread on the national debt, where no once cares to actually talk about the debt, all they can do is point fingers at each other as to who did it firstest or mostest.

I'll go look for intelligent conversation elsewhereist.

Boogers

***Ammoland? Fascinating stuff you read.:D:D

That story exists in other forms in plenty of more mainstream news outlets too. Don't disregard simply because you don't like that one source.

US Finance Post:
http://usfinancepost.com/is-connecticut-preparing-for-gun-confiscation-14238.html

Washington Times:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/19/editorial-connecticuts-gun-revolt/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

The Blaze:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/26/is-gun-confiscation-on-the-way-in-connecticut-see-the-notices-the-state-is-reportedly-sending-to-owners-of-illegal-firearms/

Fox CT:
http://foxct.com/2014/02/11/thousands-who-failed-to-register-guns-could-become-felons/

NewsMax:
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/connecticut-gun-law-ignored/2014/02/13/id/552558

Do you think these gun owners should be imprisoned as felons for simply ignoring paperwork?

What!!! No Breitbart.com?

kallend

***Bored at work :-)

Gun sales are down

Not in Alabama they aren't. Gun sales here are at an all-time high these days. Makes sense, Bama's one of the top three states as far as conservatives go.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

kallend

***Bored at work :-)

Gun sales are down so I'm guessing they need another bogeyman to scare up some business.

I guess you have a hard time understanding the difference between gun sales being down and the RATE OF GROWTH OF GUN SALES being down.

Seems to make a bit of a difference.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Quote: "Some industry sources believe sales are not declining as much as they are returning to normal after a long boom. Smith & Wesson CEO James Debney says the firearms industry is “coming out of this surge period into what we would call a more normal environment, which is generally free of influence of some fear or uncertainty about increased legislation.”

Oh my gosh, sales are returning to normal - it's the end of the gun industry!

With Congress soon to be controlled entirely by Republicans, and Obama to become a lame duck, the threat to gun rights seems to be coming to an end for the next few years.

Next up: "NRA membership declining!" Oh the horror!

These things are cyclic, depending upon politics.

Oh my gosh, the price of gold is plunging! The financial market is doomed!

[inline Aroma_therapy.jpg]

Amazon

Not to worry there will another boom in sales when Hillary is elected in NOV 2016...

Its a shame she won't have Harry to back her up.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Boogers

Quote: "Some industry sources believe sales are not declining as much as they are returning to normal after a long boom. Smith & Wesson CEO James Debney says the firearms industry is “coming out of this surge period into what we would call a more normal environment, which is generally free of influence of some fear or uncertainty about increased legislation.”

Oh my gosh, sales are returning to normal - it's the end of the gun industry!

You have a hard time admitting that you were WRONG.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

This simply a test for the rest of the nation. Armed confiscation? State police participating? Where are we, Nazi Germany? That's how it all started. Gun advocate or not, everyone shude realize this is just 1 more step towards more government control and an over zealous Liberal police state attempt to tromp on the Constitution. Pig hunting permits need to be issued in CT......