grue

How Govt Officials Cried ‘Terrorism’ to Cover Up a Paperwork Error

CygnusX-1

Absolutely. I have no knowledge about events that led up to the invasion. I base my theory (and that is all it is - a theory) on what I have seen that has been classified on other subjects unrelated to this incident.

Your first conclusion was that I have never been exposed to classified information.

Current assignment: Chief, Current Intelligence, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE), North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).

Previous Assignment: Executive Officer, Space and Missile Defense Command.

Previous Assignment: Chief, Counterintelligence, Space and Missile Defense Command.

Previous Assignment: Senior Intelligence Advisor, Iraqi Ground Forces Command, Baghdad, Iraq.

Although I dealt with classified in Iraq, it was the last position I held where my office was not in a Special Classified Information Facility (SCIF) and I did not produce classified documents.

So, your first conclusion appears to have been in error. But at least you admit your second conclusion is just a (conspiracy) theory.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

quade

Anyway, thanks for pretty much admitting your opposition to me in this thread has far less to do with the topic at hand and more to do with your perception of my position on the 2nd Amendment. Good job. You obviously "win."

You don't think it's telling that no one else is posting support for your stance on these government overreaches?

But sure, convince yourself it's just a personal matter.

If your history is correct, I would wonder why you would post the following:

With the NSA monitoring stuff being classified Top Secret and this kind of thing being a "threat to national security", we have to admit that 'national security' is synonymous with 'embarassing' now. Things are now classified to hide them from the public...

You know as well as I do that these things are nothing new. And that is the whole point of my posts.

The way I understood the statement was the events are classified because they are embarrassing now. Given that time heals all wounds, they will eventually become less embarrassing and declassified. Few people alive today really care if J. Edgar Hoover wore a dress. Nothing in his statement suggested that this is not the way it has been since Adam kept secrets from Eve.

I think you misunderstood him, but I will stand back and see which one of us understood him.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

DiverMike

The way I understood the statement was the events are classified because they are embarrassing now. Given that time heals all wounds, they will eventually become less embarrassing and declassified. Few people alive today really care if J. Edgar Hoover wore a dress. Nothing in his statement suggested that this is not the way it has been since Adam kept secrets from Eve.

I think you misunderstood him, but I will stand back and see which one of us understood him.

Yes. Sigh...
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.