rickjump1

Another Rape Victim in Dubai, UAE Arrested (of course)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549707/Austrian-rape-victim-arrested-having-sex-outside-marriage-UAE-reported-crime-told-MARRY-attacker.html "An Austrian woman who was raped in Dubai has been arrested for having extra martial sex and was told by police she could only avoid jail if she married her attacker". That sounds simple enough...
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

grue

A highly effective way to avoid imprisonment in theocratic shitholes is to not set foot in theocratic shitholes.

For the life of me. I can't fathom why ANYONE would want to go to such an ass-backward, barbaric, oppressive Slave State like Dubai... Even more so if you're a Woman.

billvon

>For the life of me. I can't fathom why ANYONE would want to go to such an
>ass-backward, barbaric, oppressive Slave State like Dubai... Even more so if
>you're a Woman.

High pay, big tunnel, nice facilities are some of the reasons.

To work for employers who still practice SLAVERY >:(?!? They couldn't pay me enough to help support such a morally repugnant system...

billvon

>To work for employers who still practice SLAVERY? They couldn't pay me enough
>to help support such a morally repugnant system...

Most skydivers don't really care.

I have more faith in the morals of most Skydivers, than you do. Most Jumpers aren't over there.

billvon

>For the life of me. I can't fathom why ANYONE would want to go to such an
>ass-backward, barbaric, oppressive Slave State like Dubai... Even more so if
>you're a Woman.
High pay, big tunnel, nice facilities are some of the reasons.

A gilded cage is still a cage.

Fuck Dubai and the UAE.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

In current times, I can't think of a culture more absolutely alien to the western mind than places like Dubai.

I'd feel less alienated if you stuck me amongst one of those "indigenous Brazilian rain-forest tribes only glimpsed from airplanes that might still practice head-hunting".

My only first-hand experience in a predominantly Muslim country was in Tunisia and while still fairly liberal in the touristy areas, the crap I observed made me happy to get the hell out of there.

That being said, if that's their culture, fine. It's not like I expect them to change for me at all. You go there and you take your chances as a visitor. As a thinking person I can have that "eh, it's their way" thought but at the same time think "I am fricken glad as hell I do not live there, what a crap-hole".

>I have more faith in the morals of most Skydivers, than you do. Most Jumpers
>aren't over there.

Most jumpers aren't at Lodi, either. But it's not because they are heeding all Bill Dause's maintenance "shortcuts." It's because, in general, they don't live near Lodi.

Skydivers want to jump, and in general they will choose jumping over all "that political bullshit."

billvon

Skydivers want to jump, and in general they will choose jumping over all "that political bullshit."

case in point - the world record RW attempts in Thailand using military planes. Thailand isn't as bad as most, but it certainly has issues. It also has C130s.

billvon

>To work for employers who still practice SLAVERY? They couldn't pay me enough
>to help support such a morally repugnant system...

Most skydivers don't really care.

billvon, how about you, or am I making an assumption? By your posts from the last rape crime I posted, I don't think you care one way or the other. Am I right? Is the money so great and the PR the USPA gets (just look in this months issue of Parachutist) so great that you and they will turn your backs on the obvious abuse of women in the UAE. There have been comments about women being protected at the Dubai Dropzone. Bullshit, it's just a matter of time until the women there are affected with what in essence is Sharia Law in a third world country full of gold and glitter. Sure women can get raped at a US dropzone, but they will not be thrown in jail for it, and they can face their rapist in a court of law.

Additionally, the silence from women, skydivers or not, is disturbing.

It's time for the UNITED STATES PARACHUTIST ASSOCIATION to step up to the plate and you too, billvon.

"Skydivers want to jump, and in general they will choose jumping over all "that political bullshit."

What if it was your daughter or granddaughter, Bill. Would that make a difference? Would you still consider that, "political bullshit"?

>What if it was your daughter or granddaughter, Bill. Would that make a
>difference? Would you still consider that, "political bullshit"?

What if your daughter was killed during a drug deal gone wrong? You going to jump at Roger Nelson's place?

What if your daughter was killed under suspicious circumstances after she married a DZ owner? You going to jump out of Mullin's King Air?

What if your daughter died after a DZO used contaminated fuel to fuel their Otter? You still going to jump at Perris?

Or do you not care about your daughter?

(See how easy that is?)

billvon

>What if it was your daughter or granddaughter, Bill. Would that make a
>difference? Would you still consider that, "political bullshit"?

What if your daughter was killed during a drug deal gone wrong? You going to jump at Roger Nelson's place?

What if your daughter was killed under suspicious circumstances after she married a DZ owner? You going to jump out of Mullin's King Air?

What if your daughter died after a DZO used contaminated fuel to fuel their Otter? You still going to jump at Perris?

Or do you not care about your daughter?

(See how easy that is?)

You're dancing on quicksand. Can't own up to it; can you?
You just can't bring yourself to condemn the way women are treated in Dubai, UAE. How come it's business as usual with you concerning women being thrown in jail after being raped? This is not about how you think the average skydiver feels about this. This is about you remaining silent about something terribly wrong. Shame on you.

>You just can't bring yourself to condemn the way women are treated in Dubai, UAE.

I absolutely condemn it. It's despicable.

> How come it's business as usual with you concerning women being thrown in jail
> after being raped?

I bought an electric car a few years ago in part so I don't have to support countries like this.

How about you? Still buying gasoline and giving your money to people who throw women in jail after being raped? What if it was your sister? Would you still continue to pay them to do it? (while, of course, mocking those who try to dry up their money supply.)

Or will you have the cojones to stand up to them?

billvon

>You just can't bring yourself to condemn the way women are treated in Dubai, UAE.

I absolutely condemn it. It's despicable.

> How come it's business as usual with you concerning women being thrown in jail
> after being raped?

I bought an electric car a few years ago in part so I don't have to support countries like this.

How about you? Still buying gasoline and giving your money to people who throw women in jail after being raped? What if it was your sister? Would you still continue to pay them to do it? (while, of course, mocking those who try to dry up their money supply.)

Or will you have the cojones to stand up to them?

US get's their oil from: US 38.8%, Latin America 19.6%, Canada 15.1%, Persian Gulf 12.9%, Africa 5.2%, other 3.1%. But at the same time some peoples have to research their potential employers... If you are moving to some country where females are treated like a property - don't expect that you will be treated better at the DZ that is located in that country. [:/]

billvon

>I have more faith in the morals of most Skydivers, than you do. Most Jumpers
>aren't over there.

Most jumpers aren't at Lodi, either. But it's not because they are heeding all Bill Dause's maintenance "shortcuts." It's because, in general, they don't live near Lodi.

We view the world differently. You give fellow jumpers far less credit than I do. Wanton Slavery & oppression aren't political BS. Sounds like you need to step in some of that BS...

dragon2
It's no different. Behind all the gold and glitter, they pretty much have a slave trade with willing slaves needing employment no matter the cost. Up and down the Arabian Gulf the lure for employment draws them from around the world. When women are trapped/victimized by employment or rape, they loose. Their assailants or employers simply look for other victims.