rickjump1

Cruel, heartless Obama mocks his most loyal, unquestioning supporters

rickjump1

http://news.yahoo.com/cruel-heartless-obama-mocks-most-loyal-unquestioning-supporters-133552482.html
Can this President of the United States say anything without a teleprompter?

Mock though he might the Art History curriculum, he would have been well served to have studied History of ANY persuasion while in academia.

Perhaps History will be kind to him, but his ignorance of the subject is breathtaking.

BSBD,

Winsor

Since the writer of the article you cited wrote this:

Then, however, Obama went on the offensive against America’s most useless major that doesn’t have the word “studies” or “gender” in it.

It seems that the mocking was primarily in the eyes of the writer.

YOU see what you want to see.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Then, however, Obama went on the offensive against America’s most useless major that doesn’t have the word “studies” or “gender” in it.

No. In the context of his speech, Obama was definitely poo-pooing Art History degrees. The writer was simply implying that there are other fields of study that Obama could have attacked that are even more useless than Art History ... at least in terms of finding a well-paying job.

muff528

No. In the context of his speech, Obama was definitely poo-pooing Art History degrees. The writer was simply implying that there are other fields of study that Obama could have attacked that are even more useless than Art History ... at least in terms of finding a well-paying job.

So there's clearly agreement that Art History is a useless degree "in terms of finding a well-paying job".

You and the writer agree with Obama.

Does ANYONE dispute Obama's statement? If so, I recommend that you look up the ROI on an art history degree. There may be good reasons for a kid to get a degree in Art History, but ROI is not one of them.

kallend

So there's clearly agreement that Art History is a useless degree "in terms of finding a well-paying job".

Does ANYONE dispute Obama's statement? If so, I recommend that you look up the ROI on an art history degree. There may be good reasons for a kid to get a degree in Art History, but ROI is not one of them.

Yes, I agree with Obama on the point of his speech. I also agree with him in that I, too, "love art history".

I was only trying to understand your point ...re: whether it was Obama or the writer who was mocking the choice of Art History as a major. (or whether the writer only perceived Obama's statement as "mockery".)

muff528

Yes, I agree with Obama on the point of his speech. I also agree with him in that I, too, "love art history".

I was only trying to understand your point ...re: whether it was Obama or the writer who was mocking the choice of Art History as a major. (or whether the writer only perceived Obama's statement as "mockery".)

I think the writer has a promising career with The Onion. This looks like a piece designed to mock Obama haters.

Andy9o8

Cruel, heartless Obama

Utterly brilliant.

The world is filled with fucking idiots, and they have an endless supply of foot-soldiers.

And most of them have a law degree.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Andy9o8

Cruel, heartless Obama

Utterly brilliant.

The world is filled with fucking idiots, and they have an endless supply of foot-soldiers.

Yeah, and the most pronounced of them work for your neighborhood organizer thug. Now what part do you play in the total transformation of this country? You don't exactly measure up to that master of justice, Eric Holder. Soooo, just what can you do?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

jakee

Now what part do you play in the total transformation of this country?

What's changed in your life?

My wife's health insurance deductible has gone from $250 to $2000, and I gained a couple of pounds. How about you?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

My wife's health insurance deductible has gone from $250 to $2000, and I gained a couple of pounds.

Are you sure that's everything?

The country's completely transformed, maybe you should have another think about how badly that's affected you.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

As gaffs go, that was incredibly lightweight. If I had been sitting in the audience, I would not have noted it. You have to wear your heart on your sleeve (IMO) to be offended by this. To go so far as to call him cruel and heartless was silly enough that I would call the article satirical.

He's not my favorite president, but I reserve my criticism for serious flaws.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

futuredivot

Do you see any inconsistancies between your position on this and your position in your own thread http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4591354;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread ?

No.