freethefly

Ohhhhh Annie, light up and lighten up!

Closet carpet muncher claims that alcohol is good for a person while pot smokers are worthless and cannot hold down a job or even follow simple instructions. Maybe she should take a toke and not a drink before going on T.V.. What a skank.

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/23/ann-coulter-on-potheads-they-cant-perform-any-useful-jobs/
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

labrys

Using "carpet muncher" in this context makes it sound like a bad thing. :S

I'm sorry. My bad. I suspect no gay woman would want her. Hell, no man wants her. She must be a very lonely woman, sitting there in the dark with her drink in hand and vile thoughts in her head.
Please accept my apology.
Neil Young

freethefly

Closet carpet muncher claims that alcohol is good for a person while pot smokers are worthless and cannot hold down a job or even follow simple instructions. Maybe she should take a toke and not a drink before going on T.V.. What a skank.

Jon Stewart has been showing a montage of clips of Fox media heads professing their love to get pissed, in contrast to their outrage over the Jan 1 change in Colorado.

freethefly

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/23/ann-coulter-on-potheads-they-cant-perform-any-useful-jobs/

I am not sure what to make of Ann Coulter, since the raw poison of her delivery makes it tough to get to the substance.

She is apparently pretty bright, having come up with a schtick that sells. She plays her looks well as part of the overall package. In any event, her career seems to be based on stirring the pot such that people keep paying attention. I am not convinced that her stance on any issue is anything but a calculated ploy.

I would not be surprised if she turned out to be like Moshe Hurwitz, who was a truly decent human being when he was not playing "Moe Howard." Upon reflection, I gave G.W. Bush the benefit of the doubt, assuming that he was sandbagging to get his opponents to underestimate him. Okay, so I was wrong - he is truly as dumb as a box of hammers, and she may well be mean as a snake to the very core.

As far as her sexual orientation goes, I do not see how that is a factor either way. Regardless of what she actually is, it would not surprise me if she worked suspicions to the contrary to her benefit.

Thus, Ann Coulter could simply be a slinky bitch with a talent for air-headed venom. If that is the case, please do not link it to her sexuality (if any), since anyone that mean can give a bad name to any group.

BSBD,

Winsor

freethefly

I've never heard you call Rachel Maddow a carpet muncher.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I can't recall ever listening to her or reading her opinions on anything.

But I do note that your assessment of her attacks her sexuality in the first line and ends by calling her a 'skank' which I associate again with sexuality. I'm hard pressed to find any value added to your argument when you launch personal attacks like that.

If your argument is that pot and alcohol are not significantly different and should not be treated different under the law, I agree with you. But you sound more like someone who couldn't get a woman to have sex wtih him and throws insults at her in revenge.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

I can't recall ever listening to her or reading her opinions on anything.

But I do note that your assessment of her attacks her sexuality in the first line and ends by calling her a 'skank' which I associate again with sexuality. I'm hard pressed to find any value added to your argument when you launch personal attacks like that.

If your argument is that pot and alcohol are not significantly different and should not be treated different under the law, I agree with you. But you sound more like someone who couldn't get a woman to have sex wtih him and throws insults at her in revenge.

Pot and alcohol are massively different. Ask any Forensic Pathologist.

No frat boy worth his salt is going to try to get a young lady to fall in love with various brothers by plying her with marijuana. No sir, he is going to rely on the tried and true method - booze.

There is no pot equivalent to a terminal alcoholic.

Ask any cop that has been around who he'd rather arrest, someone who has been smoking pot all night ('I'm arrested? Bummer. You done with that donut?') or someone who has half a bottle of Jack Daniel's in him ('You wan'a 'rest me? I'm gon'a KILL you!').

I do not recommend the recreational use of much of anything, but, compared to alcohol, marijuana is a Gift From God (tm).

The legal status of the two drugs fully justifies the assessment of the law as made by Charles Dickens in 'Oliver Twist.'

BSBD,

Winsor

Actually, I've been a cop. I recall one particular gentleman who took several officers to restrain him after he smoked pot. For some reason, it activated stored pockets of meth he had used years before.

My biggest complaint with drunks was that they might vomit in the patrol car and make it stink for a long time thereafter. Sometimes, they would pass out and the jail would refuse to accept them. Then, I had to sit with them at the ER until they were sober enough for the jail.

Personally, I didn't mind people high on whatever drug...but I have a sense of humor. Not every cop did. Fewer seem to lately.

I don't think you and I are actually in disagreement. I see no logical reason for government involvement in how people polute their bodies. I see that changing if people insist the government take responsibility for healthcare. But it should still be handled logically and consistently. If you want to ban recreational pharmaceuticals, fine. Ban them all. But that isn't going to happen, is it? Didn't go well before. Alcohol, caffeine, and others are too entrenched in culture. Why continue to practice a selective ban? To protect pharmaceutical company profits?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

But you sound more like someone who couldn't get a woman to have sex wtih him and throws insults at her in revenge.

I'm happily married. I was hoping to get some tomorrow (and pick up my rig from the rigger) but, I am trapped in Danbury, Ct for another week.
Neil Young

airdvr

***Closet carpet muncher claims that alcohol is good for a person while pot smokers are worthless and cannot hold down a job or even follow simple instructions. Maybe she should take a toke and not a drink before going on T.V.. What a skank.

I've never heard you call Rachel Maddow a carpet muncher.

Actually, I have yet to call Rachel Maddow anything. Let me fix that for ya. Rachel, you're a beaver eater. Not that it is a bad thing. Hell, I love eating beaver. In fact, it was on my list for a late meal for Saturday. Stuck in Danbury. Looks like microwave cuisine for another week.>:(
Neil Young