RonD1120

A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

normiss

You have less than zero idea on Ian's life or anyone here with an opposing view for that matter.

Your argument is comical and insulting at the same time.

Mark, thanks I appreciate it. I'm all good with it though :)
On a totally unrelated note, congrats to Andrea and yourself. Hope we get to share a beer in ZHills sooner rather than later! :)
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

ianmdrennan

***You have less than zero idea on Ian's life or anyone here with an opposing view for that matter.

Your argument is comical and insulting at the same time.

Mark, thanks I appreciate it. I'm all good with it though :)
On a totally unrelated note, congrats to Andrea and yourself. Hope we get to share a beer in ZHills sooner rather than later! :)
Ian

But you know my life and heart though, don't you......

:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

What on earth are you talking about now? I was talking to Normis (who is also Mark).

But you know my life and heart though, don't you......

Only what you present online, with frequency. I'm sure there's a lot more to you than that, but you've never shown it online.

Most of these groups do not lobby now do they

Hey, goldfish boy, do I need to remind you again of what you said? You said that Gay activist groups are the least tolerant people on the planet. Are you still trying to avoid admitting how utterly fucking retarded that statement was? Are you still trying to avoid admitting how much worse some of the people on the other side of the equation are?

I don't expect you to be able to keep up, but when you keep falling this far behind it gets really difficult to have any form of conversation.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

Therein lies the main difference. Unalienable rights are endowed by their Creator. Homosexuality is a perverted temptation provided by Satan. God created Adam and Eve and intended for the two to become one. Adam and Steve cannot accomplish that union. Satan wants you to believe that it is just as good. Not scary, it is repulsive.

Ron, you can wrap your bigotry in any religious dogma you want. It doesn't make you any less of a bigot though.

And, if you're seriously going to argue that "God" doesn't believe these people should be treated as anything less than human....then, my friend, the word of God is truly lost on you.

Ian

Like the bigots who do not like Ron's or Phils thoughts or positions?

No, you're not making any sense. That comparison doesn't apply at all:S

I have only defended Phil having a position so your claiming that I am intolerant is a blind ass attack on your part to try and change the topic

Pathetic, transparent lies.

Man the fuck up and own your positions. Stop trying to wriggle out of them.

ianmdrennan

It's ok - let all that anger out buddy. You'll feel better. Hopefully you'll learn a little more love and tolerance too :)

Well I feel the same about you. But I will waste my time for the others here who really care to think and look at themselves

:)
Ian

frankly, the odor of supriority exuded by moderators like you and quade is nauseating. You're entitled to your opinion just as rush is, but for a moderator to attack the poster instead of the post is - well, like I said, hypocritical and nauseating.

In his original statement Phil said nothing to dehumanize a group of people or to judge them, simply told of what his religion said - he didn't say they were criminals as jakee maintains. This is born out by the fact that the statement A&E released basically absolves him of any guilt. And crackerbarrel actually apologized for their actions in removing his merchandise. Because he didn't do anything wrong - he just answered a question.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

***It's ok - let all that anger out buddy. You'll feel better. Hopefully you'll learn a little more love and tolerance too :)

Well I feel the same about you. But I will waste my time for the others here who really care to think and look at themselves

Ian

frankly, the odor of supriority exuded by moderators like you and quade is nauseating. You're entitled to your opinion just as rush is, but for a moderator to attack the poster instead of the post is - well, like I said, hypocritical and nauseating.

In his original statement Phil said nothing to dehumanize a group of people or to judge them, simply told of what his religion said - he didn't say they were criminals as jakee maintains. This is born out by the fact that the statement A&E released basically absolves him of any guilt. And crackerbarrel actually apologized for their actions in removing his merchandise. Because he didn't do anything wrong - he just answered a question.

It is all about power and control. The whole progressive liberal ideology is about power and control. To them disagreement and opposition must be destroyed.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

******It's ok - let all that anger out buddy. You'll feel better. Hopefully you'll learn a little more love and tolerance too :)

Ian

It is all about power and control. The whole progressive liberal ideology is about power and control. To them disagreement and opposition must be destroyed.

Ron, you realize how hypocritical your post is? Considering how you throw the 'liberals are bad' battle cry at every opportunity AND you constantly seek to control others through your religious beliefs? Its pretty amusing.

I also find it funny how happy you are to be in a box. I cannot fathom how anyone can embrace a Liberal or Conservative label on their world view since I'd venture most people are far more complicated that and cross over both ends of the spectrum on various issues.

you just make yourself look silly when you say stuff like the above.

ian

ianmdrennan

Ron, you realize how hypocritical your post is? Considering how you throw the 'liberals are bad' battle cry at every opportunity AND you constantly seek to control others through your religious beliefs? Its pretty amusing.

I also find it funny how happy you are to be in a box. I cannot fathom how anyone can embrace a Liberal or Conservative label on their world view since I'd venture most people are far more complicated that and cross over both ends of the spectrum on various issues.

you just make yourself look silly when you say stuff like the above.

ian

It is impossible for me to control others through my faith. As a Christian I know that some will be saved and some will be lost for all eternity. My job is to see that you make an informed decision. When you stand before Jesus Christ the defense of ignorance will have no basis.

I think on two tracks, one is spiritual and the other is social political. Progressive liberals represent the antithesis of conservative. There has to be two sides to create the energy for achievement. I just believe you side has less overall long term benefit.

I agree there is a little liberal in conservative and a little conservative in liberal. A little yin in the yang and vice versa.

The box you make reference to is your mental construct not my reality.

You and Andy9o8 seem to think that labeling me as silly has some negative affect. In fact, it proves to me that my pilgrim's journey has the validity I seek for eternal victory.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

skypuppy

In his original statement Phil said nothing to dehumanize a group of people or to judge them, simply told of what his religion said...

I'm sorry you feel that way. I really am.

In my opinion, a person doesn't get a free pass at being a bigot simply because he paraphrased words out of an ancient book of folklore.

If we let that happen, we have to excuse the truly horrible behavior of quite a few people, like, for instance, the Taliban and the KKK.

To me, it's one of the worst kinds of excuses; using "religion" to promote an agenda of hate.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***In his original statement Phil said nothing to dehumanize a group of people or to judge them, simply told of what his religion said...

I'm sorry you feel that way. I really am.

In my opinion, a person doesn't get a free pass at being a bigot simply because he paraphrased words out of an ancient book of folklore.

If we let that happen, we have to excuse the truly horrible behavior of quite a few people, like, for instance, the Taliban and the KKK.

To me, it's one of the worst kinds of excuses; using "religion" to promote an agenda of hate.

If this is what had happened I might agree with you.
What is the sorriest excuse for being a bigot are people using political correctness (as defined by the left) to try and silence opinions with which they, and you, do not agree with.

And trying so say a the NRA lobby group is more vile than the gay and lesbian group? Well, that is just desperation on parade

So he can start a reply to belittle me all he wants. I don't care. All credibility has already been lost
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

I thought Ron just told us you can't control people with religion!
:D

Weak minds can be controlled by all kinds of ideas and religions

But the biggest group controlled to day are those who use PC to argue

That in itself exposes how weak they are right from the start
Abraham Lincoln

Rick

*********You do know the first amendment is not relevant here don't you?

Of course it is. Robertson expressed his opinion in a magazine interview.

So it sounds like the 1st amendment is working fine at making sure the government is not passing laws abridging some backwater redneck's freedom of speech.

yes he has the right to alienate as many people as he likes and prove to everyone he is a bigoted asshat

seeing that the backlash got him re-instated, you may want to re-evaluate which side has the bigots

Really
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

So we have your ok to talk to you with zero PC???
:P

My ok is not required for any conversation

But I believe that PC is the biggest danger to our republic

It is attempt by some to limit debate

So the power is in the hands of those who define what is politically correct

the rest just follow along

Like sheep
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

But I believe that PC is the biggest danger to our republic

So it beats out the deficit, the debt, the various al-queda factions, the Chinese, a divisive Congress, the Tea Party Know Nothings, and the massive angry horde of gay lobbyists?

Wow! Pretty impressive for something you couldn't even define if your life depended on it.

In his original statement Phil said nothing to dehumanize a group of people or to judge them,

Yeah, whatever. Only saying it's the root of all sin but hey, no biggie.

he didn't say they were criminals as jakee maintains.

What the fuck are you talking about? Quote me:|

normiss

I thought Ron just told us you can't control people with religion!
:D

That is not correct. I said I cannot control anyone with my faith.

The Roman Catholic and the Taliban religions exercise great control over their members.