Arvoitus

Is America really this racists?

Darius11

I understand that the term comes from the old west but i have heard people use it for any judge who is a ball breaker.

Sure, but maybe they don't like the idea of repeat offenders so they go the max the first time. This could be tough on a single parent, but I bet it would be a lesson they would never forget.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

***I understand that the term comes from the old west but i have heard people use it for any judge who is a ball breaker.

Sure, but maybe they don't like the idea of repeat offenders so they go the max the first time. This could be tough on a single parent, but I bet it would be a lesson they would never forget.

I agree with you, if your a single parent no one should be more aware of that then you the single parent.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

rehmwa

***Why yes, you're correct, the entire country is really like this.

all 300 million of us. every single one is exactly the same as every single other one

yup - no need to even try to understand people, they are all exactly the same

the irony of the original post is absolutely amazing

Racism is a double edged sword.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyDekker

***Good response. Made me laugh.

Trying to compare actions between judges, jurisdictions, states, etc. is pointless. I have had a felon with six prior convictions get his probation extended in one county while the first time offender who cussed out her ex on voice mail got thirty days in jail in the next county.

Be careful where you choose to be a criminal.

You don't see this as an issue?

To me elected judges, sherrifs and DA's create a problem in the justicial system. Justice isn't based on what's right or wrong...it is based on campaign funding and re-election. It is absolutely stupid.

What would you recommend? Remove the voters from the selection process? Every system has flaws.

I think the variations I see between systems is mostly the capacity of the system and the demand. The big county with lots of felons and a packed jail tends to throw back the little fish (non-violent offenders). The small county that has fewer problems tends to crack down more. Also, the more rural counties have little trouble forming work crews and making prisoners work.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.