jclalor

Satanists seek spot next to Ten Commandments monument on steps of Oklahoma's Statehouse

That's pretty cool. If the state allows one religion to place a monument, how can it deny a different one the same right?

We had something of a "kerfuffle" a few years ago here in Wisconsin. The state allowed a variety of different religions to place "holiday" displays in the Capitol Rotunda during the Christmas season. But when the Freedom From Religion group decided to place a banner reading "Church and State - Keep them separate", the Governor decided it looked too much like a "Hockey Rink" (his words) and made them take it down.
So, of course, it went to court and the FFR group won.
They've had their banner up every year since.

And this year, there's a Festivus Pole. The "Airing of the Grievances" is scheduled for the 23rd.

http://www.nbc15.com/news/headlines/Wisconsin-Capitol-gets-Festivus-pole-for-holidays-234985371.html
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'm betting on the good people of OK. We shall see. Obviously Satan is gaining ground in America. In my locale we are concentrating on the family and the community. Satan cannot prevail against Christ's church so he has to attack elsewhere. The number one target is the family. State monuments, meh, that's just a distraction.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

Why would you deny me my choice when you have yours?

what! First of all, neither of us lives in OK. Second I can never deny one's choice. We all have free will.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

rickjump1

***In the end, the ten commandments will have to come down.

Yeah. It reminds too many people not to steal.

Can't have that near politicians.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

rickjump1

***In the end, the ten commandments will have to come down.

The only thing reminding you not to steal is the 7th commandment? That's sad that you don't have an innate sense that tells you stealing is wrong.

What about murder? Do you have to reference back to the commandments only to be reminded murder is wrong ?

It's always fun to ask your more religious frinds the importance ot the 10 commandments, then ask them to name all of them. I've yet to find one that can . It sure is fun watching them squirm.

The only thing reminding you not to steal is the 7th commandment? That's sad that you don't have an innate sense that tells you stealing is wrong.

What about murder? Do you have to reference back to the commandments only to be reminded murder is wrong ?

I'm always amused when people claim that the 10 Commandments are the foundation of western law, since six and a half of them aren't enshrined in law and the other three are so self evident they couldn't fail to be part of any legal system.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

mrubin

******In the end, the ten commandments will have to come down.

Can't have that near politicians. Certain members of both political parties have this moronic view, that once they are removed (The Ten Commandments), they're home free.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Stealing and lying go hand and hand, but to me, stealing is the worst. Redistribution of wealth is stealing. Murder? Oh no......
I'm pretty familiar with The Ten Commandments. Would you like a review out of the English Standard Version of The Holy Bible?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

In case you are really interested, The American Standard Bible is/was considered the most accurate translation. It is also the most difficult to read.

It is the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God. That is the correct way of referring to the Holy Bible.

It is the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God. That is the correct way of referring to the Holy Bible.

Curious as to what you mean by this.
I thought it was common knowledge that the bible was written many years later and not by Jesus himself.
How did the Holy Spirit write or help write it?
I am not asking for physical evidence just the story.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain