jgoose71

Dear Liberal…Here’s Why I’m So Hostile

"Dear whomever ... why do you feel the need to pigeon hole everyone?"

I guess life is easier if you can only see black and white and no grey. Normal People don't fit into 1 of 2 boxes... they use their intelligence to think across party lines and at each issue individually.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

grue

***>I'm sorry to hear that keeping one's personal freedoms is against the left's agenda.

There are a lot of gays and women in the country who cannot understand why the right wing is so dead set against their personal freedoms. How would you explain the right wing's desire to take their freedoms away?

Pigeonholing is stupid. "Right wing" and "left wing", "liberal" and "conservative" are words that don't apply to many people at all.

Me? I'm probably "right wing" in a lot of ways, and feel that the government shouldn't be involved with marriage AT ALL. Don't recognize it between ANYBODY, because it's a stupid outdated social custom that doesn't need to involve the government. If people need to have something to make sure their partners get benefits, fine: We can have a government-recognized domestic partnership. This can be between a man and a woman, two men, two women, two women and a man, or any other combination people care to come up with as long as all participants are adults who can give informed consent. The word marriage should not be in the government's vocabulary.

As for abortion rights? Go wild. I don't like kids, I don't think most people should be parents, and I sure as hell don't think people should be encouraged to create more fuck trophies that they aren't going to care for, and that will annoy the shit out of me. Want an abortion? Awesome, thank you for being responsible and not creating yet another unwanted child.

Frankly, I think every law that needs to exist already does, and most of the laws that do exist need to be struck from the books.

Made me laugh. I can't say we are in perfect agreement, but close enough to make me want to buy you a drink and shoot the breeze.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Sarah Pail - on death panels. (lie) "The Democrats promise that a government health care system will reduce the cost of health care, but as the economist Thomas Sowell has pointed out, government health care will not reduce the cost; it will simply refuse to pay the cost. And who will suffer the most when they ration care? The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s “death panel” so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their “level of productivity in society,” whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."

Michele Bachmann on vaccines - " "I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter." –Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), on the HPV vaccine, Fox News interview, Sept. 12, 2011"
...and there are SO MANY MORE for her

Allen 'Who? West - On the Constitution - "“WE ALSO SHOULD BE CENSORING THE AMERICAN NEWS AGENCIES”: In response to the whistleblower website Wikileaks releasing thousands of pages of diplomatic cables, West declared: “And I think that we also should be censoring the American news agencies which enabled [Julian Assange] to do this and also supported him and applauding him for the efforts.” West later claimed he only called for “censuring” the media. Either way, it would be a First Amendment violation."

Sean Hannity - over-dramatizes the effect of the ACA on families and gets fact-checked (lies in other words) - http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fox_news_lie_machine_i_fact_checked_sean_hannity_on_obamacare/

Bill O'Reilly - (lie), claimed that Tesla was losing money when it was actually in the black substantially. There are so many for Bill, but at least he admits/realizes he is in showbiz and acts accordingly. And he wrote a book that rewrote history to his version "Killing Jesus"

Rand Paul - states that the Civil Rights Act should never have been passed (bat-shit-crazy) - http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26315908/vp/37244354#37244354

Ted Cruz - openly lobbies to shut down the govt, then complains that services got shut down. (also bat shit crazy)

Koch Brothers. Funds organizations with hundreds of millions of dollars to make people believe that their way is better. Even if they got everything they wanted, their savings would be on the order of hundreds of millions of dollars, which they would have saved by not spending the money in the first place.

Todd Akin - legitimate rape. an old white male telling women about rape. got it.

your turn

Maxine Waters: “Guess what this liberal would be all about? This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.”

“We do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac, and particularly Fannie Mae, under the outstanding leadership of Frank Raines.”

Obama: "If you like what you have, you can keep it".

"I have been to all 57 States"

Barney Frank: "I believe there has been more alarm raised about potential unsafety and unsoundness than, in fact, exists." - 2003

I could keep going.... Point is that both sides say stupid things.

+1

It seems to be a very American cultural thing to pigeon hole people politically.

Your either republican or democrat....er NO. The average person is a mixture.

shropshire

"Dear whomever ... why do you feel the need to pigeon hole everyone?"

I guess life is easier if you can only see black and white and no grey. Normal People don't fit into 1 of 2 boxes... they use their intelligence to think across party lines and at each issue individually.

How would you explain the right wing's desire to take their freedoms away?

They'll talk to you and talk to you and talk to you about individual freedom, but if they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.
You don't have to outrun the bear.