jgoose71

The BEST parts of the Government Shut down

This was a heart warming tale that brought a smile to my face.

Almost makes the whole thing worth it...B|
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/01/just-66-percent-epa-employees-are-essential/

Don't get me wrong. I don't want "dirty air and dirty water" like I'm sure some of the loonies here might start claiming, but let's be honest.

The EPA is one of the leading agencies in the destruction of America, and if they were to close their doors for ever, I would sleep better at night.

What heart warming stories of government shut down has been brought forward for you? Think of this as a "Glass is half full" thread...:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

jgoose71

This was a heart warming tale that brought a smile to my face.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/01/just-66-percent-epa-employees-are-essential/

Don't get me wrong. I don't want "dirty air and dirty water" like I'm sure some of the loonies here might start claiming, but let's be honest.

The EPA is one of the leading agencies in the destruction of America, and if they were to close their doors for ever, I would sleep better at night.

What heart warming stories of government shut down has been brought forward for you? Think of this as a "Glass is half full" thread...:ph34r:

"Of the agency’s 16,205 employees, a mere 1,069 will work through the shutdown. That means that taxpayers employ 15,181 people at the EPA who are “non-essential." Makes you wonder.:S
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

***This was a heart warming tale that brought a smile to my face.

"Of the agency’s 16,205 employees, a mere 1,069 will work through the shutdown. That means that taxpayers employ 15,181 people at the EPA who are “non-essential." Makes you wonder.:S

I seem to have similar responses to your thread replies today.

No. Not surprising.

It's government . . .its what big government does. Why pay for one when you can have two at twice the price?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Why pay for one when you can have two at twice the price?

This is gooberment we are talking about, so do you mean two at twice the price? Or two at twice the price each?

Were you actually trying to say "Why pay for one when you can have two at 4x the price?"
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

turtlespeed

******This was a heart warming tale that brought a smile to my face.

I seem to have similar responses to your thread replies today.

No. Not surprising.

It's government . . .its what big government does. Why pay for one when you can have two at twice the price? The big question is, how to stop it when you are outnumbered at the polls by thousands of voters who are here illegally, and thousands of voters who commit voter fraud multiple times with little chance of being prosecuted.

jgoose71

***Why pay for one when you can have two at twice the price?

This is gooberment we are talking about, so do you mean two at twice the price? Or two at twice the price each?

Were you actually trying to say "Why pay for one when you can have two at 4x the price?"

I posted a paraphrase of an un-attributed quote.

"S.R. Hadden: First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price? Only, this one can be kept secret. Controlled by Americans, built by the Japanese subcontractors. Who, also, happen to be, recently acquired, wholly-owned subsidiaries..."

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>how to stop it when you are outnumbered at the polls by thousands of voters who
>are here illegally, and thousands of voters who commit voter fraud multiple times
>with little chance of being prosecuted.

Thousands outnumbering 300 million people? Is this Palin math?

billvon

>how to stop it when you are outnumbered at the polls by thousands of voters who
>are here illegally, and thousands of voters who commit voter fraud multiple times

Are there 300 million people in each district?

Seems your math is a little different than mine.

billvon

Palin?

Dont know about her
but if we are talking bad math and advice

Joken Joe's numbers and shot gun advice come to mind
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>Are there 300 million people in each district?

Nope! Neither are there thousands of instances of fraud in each district.

I was speaking to the illegal voters. Not just the ones committing fraud.

>I was speaking to the illegal voters. Not just the ones committing fraud.

Yep. There was a big purge in Florida recently. They found a huge block of . . . 98 voters who voted illegally. In the entire state.

But love the spin; the GOP is just a victim of illegal voting. After all, it's much easier to be a hapless victim than to actually do anything about it. Nothing like joining the victim culture to soothe the hurt of a defeat.

Best thing about the government shutdown - watching the GOP self destruct.

I see some irony in your post.

"It's much easier to be a hapless victim than to actually do something about it."

Sounds an awful lot like the welfare folk wouldn't you agree?

The welfare folk are mostly comprised of liberals wouldn't you agree? Seems hypocritical to call conservatives the victims.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

linebckr83

I see some irony in your post.

"It's much easier to be a hapless victim than to actually do something about it."

Sounds an awful lot like the welfare folk wouldn't you agree?

The welfare folk are mostly comprised of liberals wouldn't you agree? Seems hypocritical to call conservatives the victims.

You cannot use logic with a liberal.

It's a lot like trying to milk a bull.
The bull thinks its funny.

[Reply]After all, it's much easier to be a hapless victim than to actually do anything about it. Nothing like joining the victim culture to soothe the hurt of a defeat.

I find this an interesting perspective.

On the one hand, being a helpless victim and doing nothing is considered bad.

On the other hand, actually standing up and doing something is self-destructive.

It is the way of partisanship. The GOP could just bitch and not take a stand whicch would be bad. Or do something about it, which is bad.

It's like the right wing partisans with Obama. No matter what he does, they're against it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The big question is, how to stop it when you are outnumbered at the polls by thousands of voters who are here illegally, and thousands of voters who commit voter fraud multiple times with little chance of being prosecuted.

[sarcasm]Because, after all, the only way that liberals could ever win an election is by cheating, right?[/sarcasm]

Maybe everyone isn't the same as you.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

billvon

>I was speaking to the illegal voters. Not just the ones committing fraud.

Yep. There was a big purge in Florida recently. They found a huge block of . . . 98 voters who voted illegally. In the entire state.

But love the spin; the GOP is just a victim of illegal voting. After all, it's much easier to be a hapless victim than to actually do anything about it. Nothing like joining the victim culture to soothe the hurt of a defeat.

Check Ohio. Voter fraud is a "civil right" with approval from Eric Holder. Self destruct? Backdoor amnesty, disenfranchisement of troops overseas, and the "New" black panthers? Wait: there's hope. A number of welfare recipients felt cheated when barack didn't really make their car payments as he was "supposed" to do. Obama phone or not, they're pissed.

>Check Ohio.

Check!

==============
Fraud just a tiny blip of 2012 vote
By Joe Vardon
The Columbus Dispatch Friday May 24, 2013 6:34 AM

Secretary of State Jon Husted said his office did not find evidence of a single instance of voter suppression in Ohio.

0.002397 percent.

That’s how much voter fraud there was in Ohio last year, according to a report released yesterday by Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted. Out of about 5.63 million votes cast in a presidential election in this key swing state, there were 135 possible voter-fraud cases referred to law enforcement for more investigation.
===============

Looks like you'll need to spin pretty hard to claim that that is "disenfranchising" you.

>Self destruct?

I'd say so. A group of GOP lawmakers is telling the public "to hell with democracy, we' refuse to do our jobs until we get our way, even if it means that means hurting Americans." The more responsible members of the GOP are telling them they're crazy, and they should do their jobs. When you have your own party telling you you're crazy, and the leaders of the party can't even hold it together - self destruction pretty imminent.

Republicans are all about how great private industry is. If you ran a business, and several of your managers simply refused to do their jobs - would you keep them?

wmw999

The big question is, how to stop it when you are outnumbered at the polls by thousands of voters who are here illegally, and thousands of voters who commit voter fraud multiple times with little chance of being prosecuted.

[sarcasm]Because, after all, the only way that liberals could ever win an election is by cheating, right?[/sarcasm]

Wendy P.

You know, you have something there. It's beginning to look that way. I mean why would the President issue executive orders during a sequester to free illegal aliens held in prison, stop states from arresting illegal aliens, and stop states from asking the voting public if they are citizens. If you were here illegally, no doubt you would not think like me. I doubt if anyone physically capable of working, who makes more on welfare than the minimum wage, would think like me. Looting the US Treasury with no hope in sight, is bad for the morale of the taxpayers.

billvon

>Looting the US Treasury with no hope in sight, is bad for the morale of the taxpayers.

Shutting down the US government because you didn't get your way is even worse.

A LOT of people disagree.

>Maybe everyone isn't the same as you.

They're definitely not (fortunately!) but the basic sentiments are pretty common:
===============
October 1, 2013 - American Voters Reject GOP Shutdown Strategy 3-1, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; Dems Up 9 Points In 2014 Congressional Races
PDF format

American voters oppose 72 - 22 percent Congress shutting down the federal government to block implementation of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today.

Voters also oppose 64 - 27 percent blocking an increase in the nation's debt ceiling as a way to stop Obamacare, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds.
===============

billvon

>Maybe everyone isn't the same as you.

They're definitely not (fortunately!) but the basic sentiments are pretty common:
===============
October 1, 2013 - American Voters Reject GOP Shutdown Strategy 3-1, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; Dems Up 9 Points In 2014 Congressional Races
PDF format

American voters oppose 72 - 22 percent Congress shutting down the federal government to block implementation of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today.

Voters also oppose 64 - 27 percent blocking an increase in the nation's debt ceiling as a way to stop Obamacare, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds.
===============

Which Voters?

All the people that I have discussed this with, save my GF, are for it.

billvon

>Which Voters?

Registered ones.

>All the people that I have discussed this with, save my GF, are for it.

Hmm. Looks like you have a lot of very conservative friends.

If you consider University Profs conservatives, I guess so.