kallend

This should irritate some right wingers

kallend

Former president George H.W. Bush served as an official witness at a same-sex marriage ceremony in Maine last weekend.

Bush and wife Barbara attended the wedding of two long-time friends, Bonnie Clement and Helen Thorgalsen, who own a general store in Kennebunkport.

Good for them!

I guess GHWB is just another RINO.

You left out this part: QUOTE "Another story to rile up the tinfoil hatters."
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

regulator

--------------------------------------------------------
"Wait....so you are saying you are only homophobic against people you perceive as closeted homosexuals"

so you see yourself as a closet homosexual. Well you can lie to me all you want but lying to yourself just isn't healthy. Stuff like that can give you a tumor.

Your perception, not mine. Reading is fundamental. I see no reason to lend credence one way or another as to my sexual orientation.

kallend

*********question:

does this post serve as anything other than a troll?

Well it could get some homophobic texans reconsidering their belief system.

If an old ass republican ex-president could find it in his heart to not hate gay people, maybe a few skydivers could.

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with hate, then I think you need to examine your extremist outlook on life.

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with supporting legislation to prevent them from living it, then I think you need to examine your extremist outlook on life.
I don't. And if you thought I did then you need to re-evaluate how you pigeon hole people.

normiss

I'm surprised that you can't.

lawrocket has the option of not buying health insurance, and then becoming a burden on taxpayers if he gets really sick, like Mary Brown (the ACA lawsuit plaintiff for those with short memories). All he has to do is pay a modest tax to do this, and he gets to have his choice.

However, in states controlled by right wing bigots, same sex couples do NOT have the option of getting married.

I'm surprised you can't see the difference.

ACA was found constitutional by a Republican dominated Supreme Court. DOMA was not.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Gravitymaster

************question:

If an old ass republican ex-president could find it in his heart to not hate gay people, maybe a few skydivers could.

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with hate, then I think you need to examine your extremist outlook on life.

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with supporting legislation to prevent them from living it, then I think you need to examine your extremist outlook on life.
I don't. And if you thought I did then you need to re-evaluate how you pigeon hole people.

Irony score 10/10. Maybe you should re-read what YOU wrote.

kallend

***************question:

Irony score 10/10. Maybe you should re-read what YOU wrote.

I know what I wrote. Perhaps you have the same narrow minded views as the poster I was addressing.

lawrocket

John - I want to be left alone. I don't want to pay into medicare or social security. I don't want to be forced to buy health insurance. That's my lifestyle.

Do you support legislation that prevents me from living that life? If not, then you need to reexamine your extremist outlook on life.

You draw lines, too. Just one different topics.

BINGO

We have a winner! :D:D;)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***John - I want to be left alone. I don't want to pay into medicare or social security. I don't want to be forced to buy health insurance. That's my lifestyle.

Do you support legislation that prevents me from living that life? If not, then you need to reexamine your extremist outlook on life.

BINGO

ACA was found constitutional by a Republican dominated Supreme Court. DOMA was not.

kallend

******John - I want to be left alone. I don't want to pay into medicare or social security. I don't want to be forced to buy health insurance. That's my lifestyle.

BINGO

Yes it was
But that does not mean it is a good or workable law

but it is good to know you now accept all SC rulings now

Campain finance comes to mind
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with supporting legislation to prevent them from living it

Say, like a hunter owning firearms?

Indeed. Why do you hate hunters?

I don't.... I have never hunted, but I don't hate them. You seem to dislike anyone that wants to own a firearm.

kallend

It's still your choice.

The extreme right, on the other hand, tries to deny ANY choice to same sex couples that want to get married.

I'm surprised you can't tell the difference between having a choice and being denied a choice.

You mean like being allowed to own firearms?

normiss

I keep getting the impression he means the scary ones only.

To those like him, they are all scary[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

mirage62

All he has to do is pay a modest tax to do this, and he gets to have his choice.

So do you think gays should have to pay "a modest tax" to get married?

I don't.

It's called the fee for a marriage license. I paid it.

DaVinci

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with supporting legislation to prevent them from living it

Say, like a hunter owning firearms?

Indeed. Why do you hate hunters?

I don't.... I have never hunted, but I don't hate them. You seem to dislike anyone that wants to own a firearm.

Only if they're felons or crazies. But if you think that shoe fits you, OK.

rushmc

***I keep getting the impression he means the scary ones only.

To those like him, they are all scary[:/]

mirage62

All he has to do is pay a modest tax to do this, and he gets to have his choice.

So do you think gays should have to pay "a modest tax" to get married?

I don't.

Actually to properly equate these examples - the gay couple would have to pay a modest tax if they DON'T get married.

Is that right, just, and fair?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Problem is I am neither, but you want me to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to prove it to you.... Whatever happened to innocent till proven guilty?

Would you support a gay couple having to jump through a bunch of hoops to get married? Like a background check and a psych eval to make sure they are of sound mind?

Would you support gay couples having to pay say a 500 dollar tax to get married than straight coups don't have to pay?

Would you support gay couples having to get a signature from an LEO before they can get married?

Would you support gay couples having to register where they live?

Because all of these are things you have suggested gun owners should have to do.

so what kind of fee structure do you get for gay, crazy, gun owners?

or a fee for really silly thread drift?

Is the PRO rating REALLY necessary?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

kallend

Former president George H.W. Bush served as an official witness at a same-sex marriage ceremony in Maine last weekend.

Bush and wife Barbara attended the wedding of two long-time friends, Bonnie Clement and Helen Thorgalsen, who own a general store in Kennebunkport.

Good for them!

I guess GHWB is just another RINO.

how on earth will this irrigate someone?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rhaig

Posting just to irritate people is (to me) the definition of trolling.

well, he said "some", not "all" - so his normal habit of pissy generalization is mitigated quite a bit.

for that matter - the fact that a Bush was at a gay wedding will also irritate 'some' left wingers

people are irritable, especially the fringies. but who really cares?