kallend

This should irritate some right wingers

Former president George H.W. Bush served as an official witness at a same-sex marriage ceremony in Maine last weekend.

Bush and wife Barbara attended the wedding of two long-time friends, Bonnie Clement and Helen Thorgalsen, who own a general store in Kennebunkport.

Good for them!

I guess GHWB is just another RINO.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rhaig

question:

does this post serve as anything other than a troll?

Do very many of his posts differ from the objective of this one?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he was there for his friends' ceremony.

It's a damn shame it's even an issue up for discussion.

And if the post had been "look! this old ass republican ex-president is ok with gay marriage!" then I could see it might have been intended to change minds.

Posting just to irritate people is (to me) the definition of trolling.
--
Rob

Bignugget

***question:

Well it could get some homophobic texans reconsidering their belief system.

If an old ass republican ex-president could find it in his heart to not hate gay people, maybe a few skydivers could.

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with hate, then I think you need to examine your extremist outlook on life.

Gravitymaster

******question:

If an old ass republican ex-president could find it in his heart to not hate gay people, maybe a few skydivers could.

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with hate, then I think you need to examine your extremist outlook on life.

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with supporting legislation to prevent them from living it, then I think you need to examine your extremist outlook on life.

Gravitymaster

***If an old ass republican ex-president could find it in his heart to not hate gay people, maybe a few skydivers could.

You disapprove of married life?

kallend

*********question:

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with supporting legislation to prevent them from living it, then I think you need to examine your extremist outlook on life.

If you equate legislation to prevent people from living their own life how they want and your party affiliation, you, sir, are correct.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

DaVinci

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with supporting legislation to prevent them from living it

Say, like a hunter owning firearms?

In Johns defence, he doesn't advocate the abolishment, or even confiscation of your fire arm.

He just thinks it should be as difficult to acquire one as, say, for instance, a Doctorate in Psychology. I'm not convinced he would allow just Master Degree holders be eligible, but doctorates, absolutely, my guess is cuz he are one.

turtlespeed

If you equate disapproval of someone's lifestyle with supporting legislation to prevent them from living it

In Johns defence, he doesn't advocate the abolishment, or even confiscation of your fire arm.

He just thinks it should be as difficult to acquire one as, say, for instance, a Doctorate in Psychology. I'm not convinced he would allow just Master Degree holders be eligible, but doctorates, absolutely, my guess is cuz he are one.

So then he would be fine if some religious nutbag demanded that gay people go through a background check and say 100 hours of education and continuing checks before they are allowed to marry?

John - I want to be left alone. I don't want to pay into medicare or social security. I don't want to be forced to buy health insurance. That's my lifestyle.

Do you support legislation that prevents me from living that life? If not, then you need to reexamine your extremist outlook on life.

You draw lines, too. Just one different topics.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Bignugget

***question:

------------------------------------------------------------
So go ahead and come out of the closet and we will treat you appropriately.

regulator

******question:

Wait....so you are saying you are only homophobic against people you perceive as closeted homosexuals?

You aren't afraid of homosexuals who are 'out' and go around telling everyone they like the same sex, in the way I suppose you go around telling everyone you like pussy?

Interesting.

I don't believe you, but that is a fun way to frame your narrow-minded thought processes.

I do enjoy that you understood the reference. At least you are self aware to some extent.

DaVinci

Indeed. Why do you hate hunters?

lawrocket

John - I want to be left alone. I don't want to pay into medicare or social security. I don't want to be forced to buy health insurance. That's my lifestyle.

Do you support legislation that prevents me from living that life? If not, then you need to reexamine your extremist outlook on life.

You draw lines, too. Just one different topics.

Who's forcing you to buy health insurance? You just get to pay a tax if you don't. Your choice.

Bignugget

*********question:

Wait....so you are saying you are only homophobic against people you perceive as closeted homosexuals?

You aren't afraid of homosexuals who are 'out' and go around telling everyone they like the same sex, in the way I suppose you go around telling everyone you like pussy?

Interesting.

I don't believe you, but that is a fun way to frame your narrow-minded thought processes.

I do enjoy that you understood the reference. At least you are self aware to some extent.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Wait....so you are saying you are only homophobic against people you perceive as closeted homosexuals"

so you see yourself as a closet homosexual. Well you can lie to me all you want but lying to yourself just isn't healthy. Stuff like that can give you a tumor.

Um - "do something or there will be a consequence" is indeed force. Here, it's always been "if you do something we don't want you to do you'll pay a penalty." Now it, "if you don't do what we tell you to you'll pay a penalty."

I'm being forced to pay into medicare, even if I don't want to. I can't escape it. Same with Social Security. Let's say I want to smoke crack. Do gooders who know what's good for me won't let me. Let's say I want to work a job for $6.50 per hour? Nope. Can't do that.

You have your lines. I have mine. I actually prefer to leave people alone and be left alone. Let me do what I want. You do what you want. Unless we bother others or unless we can make a buck off of each other.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's still your choice.

The extreme right, on the other hand, tries to deny ANY choice to same sex couples that want to get married.

I'm surprised you can't tell the difference between having a choice and being denied a choice.