rickjump1

Rangel: Jesus Said You're Going to Hell if You Don't Support Food Stamps, Social Security

masterrig

*********Didnt JC also say something about teaching a man to fish?

Yes, He did. The problem now is, the animal rights folks don't want you fishing or hunting. If you go dumpster diving, you get accused of digging into peoples 'privacy'. About the only other choice is road-kill.

Chuck

In many places, harvesting after a road-kill is illegal. In MD, it's considered poaching unless you obtain a Road Kill Tag for it.

One would have to get a 'Road Kill Tag' first? Isn't that like 'self incrimination' and showing intent you intend to hunt with your vehicle? :S

Chuck

I though that it worked like so that if a deer gets hit by a car then the cops have a list to of people, the people with the tags, to call to come and pick up the carcass.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

oldwomanc6

************Didnt JC also say something about teaching a man to fish?

Yes, He did. The problem now is, the animal rights folks don't want you fishing or hunting. If you go dumpster diving, you get accused of digging into peoples 'privacy'. About the only other choice is road-kill.

Chuck

In many places, harvesting after a road-kill is illegal. In MD, it's considered poaching unless you obtain a Road Kill Tag for it.

One would have to get a 'Road Kill Tag' first? Isn't that like 'self incrimination' and showing intent you intend to hunt with your vehicle? :S

Chuck

Well, there's bow season and gun season; maybe's there's a car season? :ph34r:

Well, that's a new one on me! That might be the 'real' reason for pick-up grill-guards! :D

Chuck

Arvoitus

************Didnt JC also say something about teaching a man to fish?

Chuck

Chuck

I though that it worked like so that if a deer gets hit by a car then the cops have a list to of people, the people with the tags, to call to come and pick up the carcass.

It's really, to confiscate your vehicle as a 'deadly weapon of mass destruction'! :o

Chuck

kallend

Of course, the Tea Party would object to Jesus feeding the poor, even if it only took a few loaves and fishes (the Biblical equivalent of Food Stamps).

You are absolutely correct. Nice example of how liberals think:

Jesus collected what little food a few people still had, barely enough for a few families, and then suddenly,

POOOFF!!! everyone got to eat their fill

it's a great example of liberal logic and how religious (blind faith in government instead of a mystical fairy creature is still blind faith) and superstitious they really are deep down

If the original food owners then got belittled and called names and were given no food in return, then it would be perfect

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

kallend

Of course, the Tea Party would object to Jesus feeding the poor, even if it only took a few loaves and fishes (the Biblical equivalent of Food Stamps).

Typically, Tea Parties and Conservatives give more than liberals. Conservatives give more to charities while liberals it seems support taxes so the government gets more to give, then tries to cheat there way out of paying (How many tax scandals has Wrangle been involved in?)

Of course, a quick google search supports the conservative generosity claim:
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2682730&page=1
Google it your self and check the results...

And yes, conservatives would support Jesus, they still believe in him, most likely because he wasn't a government official. I think he falls more under the "Religious Organization or Charity" definition than "government program."

If I remember rightly, a local council (Government) tried him, convicted him, then turned him over to the Romans for Crucifixion... (Probably a liberal Jewish council made up of so called "scholars" and what not):ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

rickjump1

Why would they object?

John is equating a (presumed) deity with government. It's the psychology.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

jclalor

***Didnt JC also say something about teaching a man to fish?

I don't recall ever making such a statement.

i could see you saying it - with conviction, and subtle undertones of scorn, humor, and wryness :D

Typically, Tea Parties and Conservatives give more than liberals.

We've hashed this out here many times. If you count giving to your church as charitable giving, then you're right. Of course, is it really charitable to give money so the church can buy the pastor a new Caddy?

- Dan G

DanG

Typically, Tea Parties and Conservatives give more than liberals.

We've hashed this out here many times. If you count giving to your church as charitable giving, then you're right. Of course, is it really charitable to give money so the church can buy the pastor a new Caddy?

What is it that your ilk say about Obama Care . . . Its for the greater good. the minor discrepancies will always be there.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

DanG

What is it that your ilk say about Obama Care ...

I don't have an ilk.

I do, however, enjoy milk. I think elk are really amazing creatures.

Ilk? No interest.

Ah - but your posting history tells a different story.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rickjump1

Why would they object?

Because they, and their faction of the GOP, have become the Party of Mean as well as the Party of No and the Stupid Party (C) 2013 GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal news.yahoo.com/jindal-gop-must-stop-being-stupid-party-014220693--election.html.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Why would they object?

Because they, and their faction of the GOP, have become the Party of Mean as well as the Party of No and the Stupid Party (C) 2013 GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal news.yahoo.com/jindal-gop-must-stop-being-stupid-party-014220693--election.html.

Your saying the party of Bill Maher is the party of "Nice" and "Inclusion?" John Stewart did a show on that, let's see how it went...:ph34r:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-5-2012/hope-and-change-2---the-party-of-inclusion

Boy, times have changed...
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

kallend

Why would they object?

Because they, and their faction of the GOP, have become the Party of Mean as well as the Party of No and the Stupid Party (C) 2013 GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal news.yahoo.com/jindal-gop-must-stop-being-stupid-party-014220693--election.html. These are definitely "different" times, professor. Better stock up on guns, ammo, and vote and pray with the rest of us. The British are coming.:P
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

Why would they object?

Because they, and their faction of the GOP, have become the Party of Mean as well as the Party of No and the Stupid Party (C) 2013 GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal news.yahoo.com/jindal-gop-must-stop-being-stupid-party-014220693--election.html. These are definitely "different" times, professor. Better stock up on guns, ammo, and vote and pray with the rest of us. The British are coming.:P

They are indeed different times. I doubt that Eisenhower or Reagan would recognize their party after its take-over by the extreme right.

kallend

Why would they object?

They are indeed different times. I doubt that Eisenhower or Reagan would recognize their party after its take-over by the extreme right.

I will ask you since no one else has answered

Where has the Republican party moved to the right?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You're not serious, are you?

I am serious

where has this party MOVED to the right?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I am serious

When it welcomed the T-E-A P-A-R-T-Y into its ranks.

It now has an anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-immigrant, anti-science, anti-poor, anti-minority, anti-intellectual agenda.

It now opposes programs it supported or even created a few decades ago (EPA, OSHA...).

kallend

I am serious

It now has an anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-immigrant, anti-science, anti-poor, anti-minority, anti-intellectual agenda.

It now opposes programs it supported or even created a few decades ago (EPA, OSHA...).

where have they moved?

Your hate speach has evolved but where has the party moved?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I am serious

where have they moved?

Your hate speach has evolved but where has the party moved?

For those that can't tell their left from right.

I am glad you found some help understanding

You needed it

I will ask again
Show me where the Republican party has MOVED to the right
Abraham Lincoln