rickjump1

Syria: nearly half rebel fighters are jihadists or hardline Islamists, says IHS Jane's report

rickjump1

Half is "nearly" 60%, which in turn is "nearly" 75%. And 75% is nearly more than 85% ...
So nearly 99.99% of rebel fighters are jihadists.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In fairness to the Hawks, that's kinda the point.

You've currently got a 3 (if not more) way fight - Assad, Islamic extremists and moderates.

The argument is that if someone doesn't back the moderates you're going to end up with Islamic extremists in power with access to chemical weapons and the means to deliver them.

So nearly 50% of rebels being Jihadists can be read two ways: "these are the guys on our side, FTW???" Or "holy shit, we better back the other 50% before these guys get the upper hand.

Yes they are that's why we need to stay the fuck out.

the enemy of me is fighting another enemy of me, so i should let them fight. Grab some popcorn.

Off course the real reason we love war is we need to keep making weapons so we need to use them first but that’s another thread.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

kallend

Half is "nearly" 60%, which in turn is "nearly" 75%. And 75% is nearly more than 85% ...
So nearly 99.99% of rebel fighters are jihadists.

Yep, and your Hero is supplying them with guns.

mr2mk1g

In fairness to the Hawks, that's kinda the point.

You've currently got a 3 (if not more) way fight - Assad, Islamic extremists and moderates.

The argument is that if someone doesn't back the moderates you're going to end up with Islamic extremists in power with access to chemical weapons and the means to deliver them.

So nearly 50% of rebels being Jihadists can be read two ways: "these are the guys on our side, FTW???" Or "holy shit, we better back the other 50% before these guys get the upper hand.

"The stark assessment, to be published later this week, accords with the view of Western diplomats estimate that less than one third of the opposition forces are "palatable" to Britain, while American envoys put the figure even lower."

As a peaceful gesture, maybe the Brit's should take in all the moderates before our "leader of the free world" does, or at least supply them with atomic weapons to protect themselves.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

Yep, and the REALLY funny thing is that you're all only just realising it.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

Yep, and the REALLY funny thing is that you're all only just realising it. Our fourth branch of government, mainstream media, is keeping it under wraps. Jihadist atrocities are a no no. They don't want to make barrybarack and john McCain look bad. The rest of the world knows; including a few Americans who predicted this would happen.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Skyrad

Yep, and the REALLY funny thing is that you're all only just realising it.

Some people can only seen in Black and White:S.... there are way more than 50 shades of grey!

Over simplification has bitten 'them' in the arse more than once and will do so again.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome