jclalor

Florida choirboy in custody

Last I heard on the local news was there was no gun involved.
Neither side is pressing charges - I find this odd - I thought the state took the charges in domestic cases.

Good thing he has a clean record - so this would get pleaded down to probation and anger management classes.
If it goes that far.

jclalor

I presumed nothing more than what she stated in her 911 call.

Bullshit - "After killing someone and getting away with it, perhaps you feel invincible. "

Now that she has recanted even seeing a gun, perhaps you'll take care to wait a few hours before passing wild judgement, particularly in a situation like this where the truthiness is rather fluid.

http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmermans-wife-911-tape-215208533.html

He was later released without charges when his wife and father-in-law refused to press charges or give police a sworn statement. Police said they are reviewing surveillance video from the home and reserve the right to file charges later based on the video.

Police said George Zimmerman volunteered the surveillance videos to investigators.

A Lake Mary police official later said Zimmerman did not have a gun, officers never found a gun and that Zimmerman himself said he never had a gun on him.

Sounds like LawRocket called this one quite well.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

tkhayes

Like I said many many times, I am not safer, nor is society, just because some asshole like GZ is allowed to walk around with a gun. And that is one of the fundamental flaws in the US gun environment.

Since you live in Florida (right?), you can be one of those assholes and be safer. In San Francisco, I have to rely on those assholes who carry badges. They're never around (nor could they be consistently) when you need them.

One thing is certain, GZ is a hell of a lot less safe without a gun, given the number of people like you who wishes bad things to happen to him.

kelpdiver

perhaps. Though I seem to recall a jury concluding otherwise, and what you have now is an accusation and a possible arrest, not a confirmation that he did anything. The woman just pleaded guilty to perjury and these sort of accusations are pretty common in divorce cases.

Neither one of them seem like people you'd like to put in charge of a lemonade stand.

Right. And OJ was just reclaiming his stolen trophies, not committing armed robbery.

Those poor innocent dudes always seem to be wrong place wrong time.

As far as I know Zimmerman did in fact get away with killing someone.

He killed Martin, and faced no consequence for it. Hence, he got away with killing someone.

Some of you think it was OK for him to kill Martin, and probably think its OK for him to kill his wife in a few months when they have a heated argument.

quade

Killer or whatever, you'd think after what he's just gone through he'd just be a bit more cautious about getting into anything with anyone.

Oh, gee, look, the allegations were totally false in the first place. Hard to cautious about not getting into anything when the allegations are lies to begin with, isn't it?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

***Killer or whatever, you'd think after what he's just gone through he'd just be a bit more cautious about getting into anything with anyone.

Oh, gee, look, the allegations were totally false in the first place. Hard to cautious about not getting into anything when the allegations are lies to begin with, isn't it?

Who really killed Martin?

ryoder

http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmermans-wife-911-tape-215208533.html

He was later released without charges when his wife and father-in-law refused to press charges or give police a sworn statement. Police said they are reviewing surveillance video from the home and reserve the right to file charges later based on the video.

Police said George Zimmerman volunteered the surveillance videos to investigators.

A Lake Mary police official later said Zimmerman did not have a gun, officers never found a gun and that Zimmerman himself said he never had a gun on him.

Sounds like LawRocket called this one quite well.

Yes

And jerked knees are on the mend all over the place
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Bignugget

******Killer or whatever, you'd think after what he's just gone through he'd just be a bit more cautious about getting into anything with anyone.

How it happened now is irrelavent
Cause Martin, by his own actions, got himself killed
Live with it
Abraham Lincoln

ibx

Live with it

Walking with Skittles and Ice-Tea, looking out of place, damn near suicidal Treyvon was.

GZ had Skittles on him when the police showed up. Since it's prima facie proof of innocence of any crime, the poice released him.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

linebckr83

You really sound like a broken record. You are wrong, the jury agreed, get over it.

So....who killed Martin again?

You seem to confuse the crime of murder, and killing.

Zimmerman KILLED Martin. A jury voted it wasn't murder.

He sure as fuck killed the kid. He admitted it, was proud of it, and would do it again I have no doubt.

Bignugget

He sure as fuck killed the kid. He admitted it, was proud of it, and would do it again I have no doubt.

So, since the jury found that the killing was justified for reasons of self-defense, and you yourself are admitting that it wasn't murder, why do you keep going on and on about it?
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Bignugget

So....who killed Martin again?

You seem to confuse the crime of murder, and killing.

Zimmerman KILLED Martin. A jury voted it wasn't murder.

I guess you want to get into this subject again.

Yes he killed him, yes he admitted it. He also said it was in self defense and whether or not you agree with that doesn't mean shit. The jury agreed it wasn't murder. What makes you think you know more than they did? You've already admitted you didn't watch the trial, and you've admitted you don't give a shit what the law actually is. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you ignore facts and make up your own conlcusions?

If you kill someone while defending yourself, what do you think we should do with you? Something tells me you won't be such a hard ass when it's you trying to prove it was necessary.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

After killing someone and getting away with it, perhaps you feel invincible.

No one said Zimmerman was a choirboy.... We did say that he was not guilty of the fabricated story of him being a racist killer.

And the jury has agreed with us.

Also, just like last time, you jumped the gun and assumed guilt before most of the facts were in.

Like I said many many times, I am not safer, nor is society

Many studies show you to be wrong.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cdc-study-use-firearms-self-defense-important-crime-deterrent

“Self-defense can be an important crime deterrent,”says a new report by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)."

“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,”

“almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year.”

and that there is no evidence “that passage of right-to-carry laws decrease or increase violence crime.”

So basically at best you could claim it has no impact on your safety.... But your claim is PROVEN to be crap.

You are entitled to an opinion, but not made up fact.

He killed Martin, and faced no consequence for it.

He was arrested.

He has the black panther party putting a price on his head.

He had to go into hiding for over a year.

People like you treat him as if he was guilty of murder.

His character was slandered by the news editing the police tape to make him look like a racist.

Jackson and Sharpton and a whole slew of others made him out to be a racist.

Yeah, nothing happened to him. :S

ibx

Live with it

Walking with Skittles and Ice-Tea, looking out of place, damn near suicidal Treyvon was.

such a convient mental block you have created for yourself[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Bignugget

******Killer or whatever, you'd think after what he's just gone through he'd just be a bit more cautious about getting into anything with anyone.

the real question is who is responsible?

The answer is still Martin

His decisions and actions got him killed

but again, liberals like you hate the thought of being responsible for your own actions

Just look at Obama
It is still all Bush's fault:S
Abraham Lincoln

You forgot busting someone in the nose and then jumping on top of them and engaging in some ground and pound.

I think in decent society GZ wouldn't have had any grounds to approach TM in the first place. He was following TM because he was suspect, out of place. I don't want speculate about what finally caused his act self defense or if it was justified. I think the whole thing could have been prevented if GZ had waited for the cops instead approaching TM with some sort of wild west vigilante attitude.