turtlespeed

Liberal Media is at it again . . .

When HBO did "Game Change" about Sarah Palin I didn't hear anyone complain about equal time.

Of course, it painted a less than flattering picture, but by most accounts, it was pretty damn accurate. The GOP complainers don't know if the Hillary movie will be all puppies and roses, but I doubt it will.

- Dan G

DanG

When HBO did "Game Change" about Sarah Palin I didn't hear anyone complain about equal time.

Of course, it painted a less than flattering picture, but by most accounts, it was pretty damn accurate. The GOP complainers don't know if the Hillary movie will be all puppies and roses, but I doubt it will.

Regardless
HBO is not network tv
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Regardless
HBO is not network tv

Why does that matter?

Because the low information voter can not afford HBO
Network tv is the free
Abraham Lincoln

NorrinRadd

Regardless
HBO is not network tv

Why does that matter?

Because the low information voter can not afford HBO
Network tv is the free
Indeed. Wider distribution.

and maybe the bigger point for me it, HBO is a pay for channel. they can run what ever they want

ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR are on licensed public frequencies
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

and maybe the bigger point for me it, HBO is a pay for channel. they can run what ever they want

ABC, NBC, CBS and NPR are on licensed public frequencies

Did you forget Fox?

Well yes
Fox news is cable
But the Fox channel is the same as those above
For the most part however, The local Fox channels do not have a national news segment everynight like the others
they do carry the Fox news show on Sunday however
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

Game Change came after the election, and certainly wasn't flattering. Sympathetic, but not flattering.

As I suggested, it's hard to accurately gauge intent without seeing the final script/product.

Game Change came after the election, and certainly wasn't flattering. Sympathetic, but not flattering.

It came after the 2008 Presidential election. The Hillary movie will be put out after the 2012 Presidential election, in which she was a candidate. Clinton and Palin are exactly equivalent regarding their declaration of intent towards any future elections. IOW, neither has declared anything.

As I suggested, it's hard to accurately gauge intent without seeing the final script/product.

Agree.

- Dan G

DanG

It came after the 2012 Presidential election. The Hillary movie will also be put out after the 2012 Presidential election. Clinton and Palin are exactly equivalent regarding their declaration of intent towards any future elections. IOW, neither has declared anything.

I have a hard time agreeing - Hillary was a serious contender for the nomination, ran a close second. Palin was a VP selectee that few took seriously and didn't even run in the next election, as could easily have been predicted.

I suspect that the Hillary miniseries will present her far more presidential than Game Changer did for Palin. Whether or not it will show outright bias, or leader with warts, is the unknown.

DanG

It came after the 2008 Presidential election. The Hillary movie will be put out after the 2012 Presidential election, in which she was a candidate. Clinton and Palin are exactly equivalent regarding their declaration of intent towards any future elections. IOW, neither has declared anything.

Agree.

And when she does declare later after the propaganda show?

Should the libertarians and the Tea Party and the Republicans be allowed to produce a prime time show for their candidates?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Andy9o8

Should the libertarians and the Tea Party and the Republicans be allowed to produce a prime time show for their candidates?

Allowed? Of course.

. . . and if it is produced and aired, how much outrage will there be from the left?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

Allowed? Of course.

. . . and if it is produced and aired, how much outrage will there be from the left?

Who cares? Seriously.

Andy9o8

Allowed? Of course.

Who cares? Seriously.

It depends on how much of a hypocrite you want to be.

kallend

"Media ARE at it again."

Is English your native language?

I'll ignore your question as you do so many others.

One can only hope they would do an accurate portrayal of a characterless, power hungry wife who was willing to overlook her power hungry husband's affairs in order to remain in a powerful position.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

SkyDekker

Wow, you must know them personally to know exactly what the accurate portrayal would look like.

So you think it's more like....

... an accurate portrayal of a charming, faithful, behind the scenes wife who was willing to overlook her power hungry husband's affairs in order to remain married? :D:D:D
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

One can only hope they would do an accurate portrayal of a characterless, power hungry wife who was willing to overlook her power hungry husband's affairs in order to remain in a powerful position.

"Accurate" might be in the eye of the beholder when it comes to certain stories. Something which may or may not match what popular opinion about a person says isn't necessarily "accurate."

For instance, soon there's going to be a movie out about Walt Disney and P.L. Travers about the making of the film "Mary Poppins." The film is being made by Disney. Exactly how "accurate" do you think it's going to be? Yes, the man existed, but the film version is going to portray him as far more his public mythology than the man as he actually lived and breathed.

It would be a travesty in any historical drama about Hillary not to include the episode about Bill's affair. That said, it would also be a travesty if that was ALL it was about.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Exactly how "accurate" do you think it's going to be? Yes, the man existed, but the film version is going to portray him as far more his public mythology than the man as he actually lived and breathed.

What you describe is propaganda, correct?

turtlespeed

What you describe is propaganda, correct?

Not at all, or maybe completely, depends on your point of view and the purpose for which it's being done.

NO biography of anyone can possibly tell the entire story. It's simply not possible. Further, just the act of wanting to tell the story at all means the person is going to have a point of view on the subject. This doesn't mean they're necessarily biased, simply that they have a point of view.

I've been personally working on a biographical piece about a famous couple from the 1940s. I think it's a fascinating story. I have a point of view about it which probably colors the way I'm writing it. That doesn't mean it's going to be propaganda.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver