dmcoco84

Federal Study - Fracking

Opie

Well shit Sherlock, could, could, could... but so far, NOT.

Arsenic, barium, strontium and selenium occur naturally at low levels in groundwater. But the release says fracking activities could elevate their levels.

And if any of these issues turned out to be due to faulty wells, which would be similar to the BP spill, just with different outcomes... we need to fix the problem with the well, not stop the activity.

I know, I was just aping the über pro-fracking crowd.

A Weak job of it...

The industry hides behind this reasoning to keep drilling and destroying water supplies with impunity.

No it doesn't; that's so biased. If it were proven that "it" were not well issues, nor negligence in transferring waste water from the pond to trucks... but due to the fracking fluids and/or the process itself, then fracking would stop.

But there is more evidence currently that it doesn't contaminate ground water; and we need more research for the rest of the issues, as repeatedly stated.

I would like to see people like the OP tell these poor folks suffering from cancer that "fracking is perfectly safe -- full stop."

I'm amazed that you think this video supports any of the arguments made in this thread...

This is government collusion with business for profit, along with gross negligence.

No where have I seen that US companies are transferring the waste as the German company was/is. I was laughing at the stupidity of the company the whole time they were explaining the PE Pipes.

I do feel bad for the people with cancer...

But this doesn't help any case against fracking.

Not to this specific post, but to the dozen or more you just posted...

I know you're trying to respond (for whatever reason) to each and -every- post, but seriously, what the f? I'm not saying you have some sort of issue like OCD or anything, but seriously, why not just read everything and make a single, concise point. It would be MUCH easier for people to have a conversation, rather than having to refer back to each and -every- damned post.

You don't get points for making more posts.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

dmcoco84

You don't get points for making more posts.

Do I get points for only editing one of them?

:P;)

Okay, I've let your little digs about that slide for months now, but WTF is your issue with a person correcting a typo?
quade -

Okay, I've let your little digs about that slide for months now, but WTF is your issue with a person correcting a typo?

:D:D

For one week... when you are about to hit send, I want you to read your post, one more time, first. :D

I'm gonna start a thread... Days Since Quade's Last Edit.

:D

I'm just busting your chops, dude. I have ADD and ADHD, Severely, so throughout grade school, I had to train myself to think before I speak.

So its funny to me, with that in mind.

dmcoco84

Fracking fluid is not contaminating ground water, methane is not harmful to drink, and until further research is done... easy fix; buy a methane detector.

Isn't the question a comparative one on whether the fluid is worse or better than the oil it displaces?

if oil is worse, then sell fracking as environmental cleanup operations by those that love the planet

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Go for it. Enjoy yourself. I edit my mistakes as soon as I see them. I also update a post if I have an additional thought that occurs to me after I send it. I also wake up in the middle of the night, get out of bed, hop on my laptop and will add a single word to a project I've been working on for years.

Big whoop.
quade -

dmcoco84

I'm amazed that you think this video supports any of the arguments made in this thread...

This is government collusion with business for profit, along with gross negligence.

Government collusion with business for profit is exactly what is happening with fracking in the US. Pennsylvania is an example, and since I have strong ties to that state, I take a strong interest in the issue.

I think this debate is largely about who people choose to trust and what their motivations are. I tend to trust residents in rural communities whose water supplies have been coincidentally turned undrinkable post-fracking; I find them far more credible than oilmen in business suits with a battery of lawyers, PR professionals and politicians standing behind them.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

Government collusion with business for profit is exactly what is happening with fracking in the US. Pennsylvania is an example, and since I have strong ties to that state, I take a strong interest in the issue.

I think this debate is largely about who people choose to trust and what their motivations are. I tend to trust residents in rural communities whose water supplies have been coincidentally turned undrinkable post-fracking; I find them far more credible than oilmen in business suits with a battery of lawyers, PR professionals and politicians standing behind them.

According news reports i have read, this is not the case
The residence say the water was bad before fracking

The anti fracking crowd is sensationalizing the issue with misleading info
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

According news reports i have read, this is not the case
The residence say the water was bad before fracking

The anti fracking crowd is sensationalizing the issue with misleading info

GASP!

Say it is not driven by the media!:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

masterblaster72

Undrinkable from what? Where?

And if you don't like what a state is doing, you can move... that's part of the Constitutional setup; you can escape.

quade

Go for it. Enjoy yourself. I edit my mistakes as soon as I see them. I also update a post if I have an additional thought that occurs to me after I send it. I also wake up in the middle of the night, get out of bed, hop on my laptop and will add a single word to a project I've been working on for years.

Big whoop.

However ...not really in this thread, but in others... editing your posts as much as you do can often make it appear you say things, and then take them back.

The less someone edits their posts, the less it appears they like to say things, and take them back... which I HAVE seen you do.

dmcoco84

Undrinkable from what? Where?

And if you don't like what a state is doing, you can move... that's part of the Constitutional setup; you can escape.

I already left, faster than the door could hit my ass on the way out. But I do take an interest in the issue as I have close family and friends in Pennsylvania and I return often to visit.

Regarding your question regarding undrinkable water, I think at this point it doesn't matter what evidence I provide because like I said, we will choose who and what we want to believe for our reasons. That being the case, I don't think this is an honest and open discussion, nor was it from the start -- just look at your first few responses in this thread regarding bullshit, skeet skeet etc. Then again, this is SC. So to humor you, I've provided a couple of links for you to choose from.

Clean air and drinking water in PA is my motivation, so I believe everyday people whose rural communities have been suddenly turned into industrial zones against their will. You believe others for your reasons such as national security and not depending on the middle east for energy; that's fine. You know what I believe and why I do, so you can call me a stupid liberal, pile on the laughing icons or post a dismissive scoff; have fun.

Dimock, PA or Dimock, PA.

Pavillion, WY or Pavillion, WY.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

and NY state hid a report stating that fracking was/is safe
Just came out a week or two ago

I too want clean air and water

but the step the enviros want to go to are just stupid
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

if you look long enough in the right places, you can find reports saying that drinking piss is healthy and good for you. does that mean that i will do it? and it wasn't too long ago that lead in paint was acceptable. and etc, etc, etc. dumping any kind of chemicals far under the ground is not smart. it doesn't take too much common sense to realize that some of them will seep into ground water, however long it may take. and intentionally causing the ground that far down to move around is not too smart either. but, if you can find studies that show it's safe, then i'm ok with it, and you should be too. the govt wouldn't lie to us, right?

***Undrinkable from what? Where?

I already left, faster than the door could hit my ass on the way out. But I do take an interest in the issue as I have close family and friends in Pennsylvania and I return often to visit.

Regarding your question regarding undrinkable water, I think at this point it doesn't matter what evidence I provide because like I said, we will choose who and what we want to believe for our reasons. That being the case, I don't think this is an honest and open discussion, nor was it from the start -- just look at your first few responses in this thread regarding bullshit, skeet skeet etc. Then again, this is SC. So to humor you, I've provided a couple of links for you to choose from.

Clean air and drinking water in PA is my motivation, so I believe everyday people whose rural communities have been suddenly turned into industrial zones against their will. You believe others for your reasons such as national security and not depending on the middle east for energy; that's fine. You know what I believe and why I do, so you can call me a stupid liberal, pile on the laughing icons or post a dismissive scoff; have fun.

Dimock, PA or Dimock, PA.

Pavillion, WY or Pavillion, WY.

Well Good... so you are an American from PA, living in Swiss?

I don't know why you keep saying that...

I have been very vocal, repetitively, about how and why I speak to Quade as I do; given his past arrogance's.

I did not address your statements as I address Quade... and I read everything you wrote and watched the video you posted twice.

As for the rest of your comments in P3, I think you need to re-read my comments again.

I'm not sure what points you are trying to make with these articles...

I read the first two... they are extremely similar to the other I already addressed in full, and could pull out similar statements in each showing the same issues and same outcomes.

Read half of the third and all of the last... I'll have to come back to the third, but I see where they are going. And yes, as I said previously... for Obama to be "doing something about Climate Change" and wanting to do so much with NG, is ridiculous. Its not cleaner...

What points are you trying to make?

Everything I said previously applies to these articles as well.

sfzombie13

if you look long enough in the right places, you can find reports saying that drinking piss is healthy and good for you. does that mean that i will do it? and it wasn't too long ago that lead in paint was acceptable. and etc, etc, etc. dumping any kind of chemicals far under the ground is not smart. it doesn't take too much common sense to realize that some of them will seep into ground water, however long it may take. and intentionally causing the ground that far down to move around is not too smart either. but, if you can find studies that show it's safe, then i'm ok with it, and you should be too. the govt wouldn't lie to us, right?

This is ridiculous. And I continue to not understand why people use such odd examples to try to prove points, let alone pull stupid crap like this out of your ass.

No, its not common sense that water, sand and chemicals (that Quade won't state which he has a problem with), a mile down, will magically migrate upward.

If science "is on your side", then figure out the cause and effect and prove its unsafe, and I will be right there with you to stop it.

No, its not common sense that water, sand and chemicals (that Quade won't state which he has a problem with), a mile down, will magically migrate upward.

It's not only common sense, it's scientific fact. The only thing that is debatable is the time scale and the dilution factor. There is no magic involved. So tell me again how millions of tons of unknown chemicals will magically stay there forever...

http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycle.html

ibx

It's not only common sense, it's scientific fact. The only thing that is debatable is the time scale and the dilution factor. There is no magic involved. So tell me again how millions of tons of unknown chemicals will magically stay there forever...

http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycle.html

If you wanted to insult my intelligence, you may as well have post this instead.

And once again... unknown chemicals?