Andy9o8

YET ANOTHER Republican clueless about rape

kallend

Fascinating that the conservatives harbor so many women haters:

dailycurrant.com/2013/06/17/pat-robertson-disobedient-wives-must-be-spanked/

Well, lets be fair:

1) Pat Robinson is a nutcase
2) The daily currant is a satire online newspaper.

That said, it's a sad state of affairs for the GOP when satire pieces like this can even be mistaken for fact. The party really is a bit of a mess right now.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

promise5

Sorry, but like I said earlier it isn't about a political party,its just one more clueless person period!!! .

Do you REALLY think it a coincidence that all the unbelievably ignorant comments about rape came from Republican candidates? Really? If so, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ianmdrennan

Fascinating that the conservatives harbor so many women haters:

dailycurrant.com/2013/06/17/pat-robertson-disobedient-wives-must-be-spanked/

Well, lets be fair:

1) Pat Robinson is a nutcase
2) The daily currant is a satire online newspaper.

Shhhhh.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm sorry I didn't look back far enough to see your thread. What do I suggest? That we stop talking about what Political Party this person belongs to and realize that its just another person that made an ignorant remark regarding rape as so many have. Then concentrate our efforts NOT on the Politics but on getting women the help they need and trying to help stop this disgusting act.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I think it came from someone that hasn't spent much time with anyone or any group connected to women that have gone through this. Yes, its sad that he made the comment it really is, its also sad that everyone jumps on the trash talking political band wagon instead of seeing it as someone clueless to the issue just like so many are. And when I say so many that includes anyone from any background or political association.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

No, I'm pro-life
But, I'll add this: Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge me on anything. Including the stand I take on issues.

Many Pro Choice are Pro Life. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

promise5

Sorry, but like I said earlier it isn't about a political party,its just one more clueless person period!!! Why not focus on the topic of RAPE and how to get these women help instead of the politics. But, then people would have to really care, and when it comes down to it people would rather trash talk politics then find solutions. My point has been proven over and over again in this thread.

This is Speaker's Corner. Idiotic politicians are kind of the flavor du jour, every day, by design. If you want to talk about rape victims, maybe start a thread about that instead of trying to hijack a thread about idiotic politicians? Just a thought.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

promise5

I'm sorry I didn't look back far enough to see your thread. What do I suggest? That we stop talking about what Political Party this person belongs to and realize that its just another person that made an ignorant remark regarding rape as so many have. Then concentrate our efforts NOT on the Politics but on getting women the help they need and trying to help stop this disgusting act.

Are you honestly arguing that politics should not be discussed in Speaker's Corner?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

>But, since when does rape become about a certain political party?

When that party tries to hide its effects to push an anti-abortion agenda.

>Dang,we're talking about real people here!

Yes, we are. Imagine, for example, a friend of yours who was sexually assaulted, and then found out she was pregnant - only to have a politician announce "you can't get pregnant from rape; only consensual sex can get you into the state you are in."

Think that will help her deal with what happened to her?

promise5

No, I'm pro-life
But, I'll add this: Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge me on anything. Including the stand I take on issues.

So you wish other people not to judge you on anything without knowing you, but when it comes to abortion, you're fine with judging and imposing your will on others.

I didn't realize I was hijacking the thread, if I am I do apologize. No this is the forum to discuss politics, but what I'm trying to have people understand is that lets look past the your part of this party and I'm part of that party and say I don't give a crap what party your apart of lets work together and do something about the real issue.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

As I said don't judge me unless you've walked a mile in my shoes. I also didn't realize I was judging others by being Pro-life.

If you're also Pro choice you're not. Hence why I asked.

So in essence you're saying, "Since I'd never have an abortion no other women should be able to have them."
Oh and
"Don't judge me unless you've walked a mile in my shoes but I'll do it to other women on this issue."

How am I judging them? Judging: if I'm telling them they are a horrible person for having an abortion then yes I am. But, saying I wish they hadn't felt the need to have an abortion is by no means judging them. I truly feel sorry for the woman and the baby that died.
Believe me I tried.

I've been following your posts since you took the heat off me. You have entered the SC twilight zone where irrational argument and mind games are the order of the day. Rigorous honesty and I/you conversations based on the premise that beliefs and feelings are separate areas of discussion is not adhered to.

That being said, I am totally on your side as a Christian counselor, conservative with strong Libertarian beliefs. I was employed, now retired, as a substance use disorder, domestic violence, mental health counselor.

One of the programs that I promoted was to teach nurturing concepts to fathers, primarily those estranged from their families with or without legal issues.

The problem is moral decay complicated by substance use/abuse. We are under Satanic attack and the conflict is at the highest level in American history.

Neither the Democrats, the Republicans or the Libertarians have the answer to the abuse of women. Jesus is the answer.

We have to learn, as individuals, is that we must be personally responsible because there comes a judgment when we will be held personally accountable. This is commonly termed moral training and is no longer taught in public schools.

Enough for now, once I start it is difficult to stop typing. Now watch the flames swirl toward me. :)

Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You have entered the SC twilight zone where irrational argument and mind games are the order of the day...

We are under Satanic attack and the conflict is at the highest level in American history.

No kidding.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>We are under Satanic attack and the conflict is at the highest level in American history.

Exactly. The Salem witch trials? Trivial. The Civil War? Child's play! World War II and our internment camps? Can't even remember that! The race riots of the 1960's? Absolutely nothing, compared to the horrible violence that mean critics are directing at Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin and John Boehner!

If the people killed during the US race riots could walk a mile in Palin's stilettos they wouldn't be complaining so much about their petty problems.

billvon

>We are under Satanic attack and the conflict is at the highest level in American history.

Exactly. The Salem witch trials? Trivial. The Civil War? Child's play! World War II and our internment camps? Can't even remember that! The race riots of the 1960's? Absolutely nothing, compared to the horrible violence that mean critics are directing at Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin and John Boehner!

If the people killed during the US race riots could walk a mile in Palin's stilettos they wouldn't be complaining so much about their petty problems.

You are only looking at the physical level. You need to look at the spiritual level.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.