Kennedy

Shooting at Santa Monica College and Area

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-3-shot-suspect-detained-at-santa-monica-college-20130607,0,4254650.story

POTUS also in town or on his way.

Breaking. Accuracy in question, but:

Three people were wounded Friday during a shooting in the Santa Monica College area, law enforcement sources told The Times.
The suspect was found in the school's library and taken into custody. The extent of the injuries were not immediately known, according to the sources.

The college was on lockdown, officials said.

Police sources told The Times the victims were shot inside a car either on the campus or near the campus.

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I don't know. I don't have all the facts, so I can't say I that would have helped or not. Can hou think of an example where it would have hurt?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) - A shooting has been reported near the campus of Southern California's Santa Monica College.

Santa Monica police Sgt. Rudy Flores several victims are down and the shooter is also believed to be down.

Flores says numerous witness called to report a man on a street corner shooting at vehicles including a bus.

witty subliminal message
1*

normiss

Secret Service spokesman Max Milien said the agency was aware of the shooting but it had no impact on the president's event.

whew.

Oh, hello understatement of the year!

Can I get an hallelujah?

The campaign must continue!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Still not entirely clear or 100% accurate, but this story fills in some of the details.

5 dead, 5 injured after Calif. shooting rampage
excerpt:

The violence, which lasted little more than 10 minutes, started about a mile away when the gunman began shooting at a house, and it caught on fire. Two bodies were later found inside, police Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks said.

Two officials told The Associated Press that the killings began as a domestic violence incident and the victims in the home were the gunman's father and brother. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the case.

As flames rose from the house, the man, wearing what appeared to be a ballistic jacket, carjacked a woman at gunpoint and directed her to drive to the college campus, having her stop so he could shoot along the way, police said.

He wounded one woman in a car who was in critical condition late Friday. He fired on a city bus where three women were left with minor injuries. One had shrapnel-type injuries and the two others had injuries not related to gunfire. They were treated at a hospital and released.

The gunman also fired on police cars, bystanders and pedestrians, police said.

From there, the chaos shifted to Santa Monica College, a two-year school with about 34,000 students located among homes and strip malls more than a mile inland from the city's famous pier, promenade and expansive, sandy beaches.

witty subliminal message
1*

It's not as easy as saying; I can even understand now sometimes why mentally ill people don't take their meds.

We have someone at the shelter I volunteer at who's quite definitely mentally ill. When she's off her meds, she's in motion all the time; he speech is nearly unintelligible, and she's irritable. But she feels like herself, and likes new experiences. She's (fairly) self-sufficient.

But when she's on them consistently, she puts on weight, and spends huge amounts of time sleeping; she can barely keep awake. Life quality isn't high. She then needs someone to take care of her.

Ya know -- I can understand her frustration with the meds, too.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

kallend

Shouldn't this be in the "Multiple shooting of the week" thread?

No. Andy starts a new thread for each multiple shooting. He's just sore that I posted this one before he did. Turns out this one had nothing to do with the school. This was a bad divorce unsettled domestic life not feeling included probably mentally ill subject. He shot up his relatives that were home (2), the carjacked somebody and went around shooting at anybody/everybody. He only shot down one other person I think. The fourth victim was due to car wreck I think, and shooter was the fifth fatality.
witty subliminal message
1*

Gravitymaster

Do you believe practitioners of Islam should be required to undergo a mental health evaluation and a background check before they are allowed to practice their religion?

Why restrict it to one religion? There are plenty of Christian nutters around.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Do you believe practitioners of Islam should be required to undergo a mental health evaluation and a background check before they are allowed to practice their religion?

Yes, I think they are hiding under your bed. Better check tonite, just to be sure.

Gravitymaster

******Do you believe practitioners of Islam should be required to undergo a mental health evaluation and a background check before they are allowed to practice their religion?

Yes, I think they are hiding under your bed. Better check tonite, just to be sure.

"Dust to dust" - if anyone's there they are either coming or going.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.