toolbox

So al qaeda was crushed under Obama ?

Sure seems to be alot of al qaeda type attacks happening lately.
There was just a hospital bombing in benghazi and we here in north america have seen a few attempts and one successful bombing in boston recently.
And don't forget the 911 attack on the US consulate in benghazi.
Hmmmmmm...........

toolbox

Sure seems to be alot of al qaeda type attacks happening lately.
There was just a hospital bombing in benghazi and we here in north america have seen a few attempts and one successful bombing in boston recently.
And don't forget the 911 attack on the US consulate in benghazi.
Hmmmmmm...........

HEY!!!

Carney said the doc (aka the "talking points") was edited to correct for facts only

That is why the word consulate was changed to diplomatic post!!!

Lets keep the facts straight here buddy
We sure as hell dont want any lies being told!

:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Nope, we just killed Bin Laden. Al Qaeda is still around and attacking just as much as ever. Like this deadly attack:

=============
Congressman: Thwarted terror plot targeted train from Canada to U.S.
By Chelsea J. Carter, CNN
updated 10:40 PM EDT, Mon April 22, 2013
The suspects "were receiving support from al Qaeda elements in Iran," police say

(CNN) -- Canadian authorities have arrested two men accused of planning to carry out an al Qaeda-supported attack against a passenger train traveling between Canada and the United States, a U.S. congressman told CNN on Monday.
=============

No, wait, let's see. Oh, THIS deadly attack:

=============
Embassy bomb attack foiled, say Egyptian police
By FRANCE 24 (text)
Latest update: 11/05/2013

Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim said Saturday that Egyptian security forces had intercepted a terrorist cell linked to al Qaeda that was on the verge of carrying out a suicide attack on a foreign embassy.
===============

Nuts. Wait, THIS deadly attack will certainly qualify:

===============
Federal Reserve bomb plot busted: FBI arrests Al Qaeda wanna-be Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis for alleged terror plot

By John Marzulli , Rocco Parascandola AND Bill Hutchinson / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 3:26 PM

Federal authorities have arrested Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis for attempting to blow up the Federal Reserve in Manhattan.

A bloodthirsty Al Qaeda wanna-be was busted Wednesday after setting out to blow up the Federal Reserve Bank in lower Manhattan with a bogus 1,000-pound bomb he built with the help of undercover FBI agents, officials said.

Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, 21, a Bangladeshi national living in Jamaica, Queens, boasted he wanted to “destroy America” and professed admiration for “our beloved Sheikh Osama Bin Laden,” federal authorities said.
================

This is all Obama's fault. If he wasn't covering his ass by killing Al Qaeda leaders and stopping so many terrorist attacks, then the people would see just how incompetent he is.

billvon

Nope, we just killed Bin Laden. Al Qaeda is still around and attacking just as much as ever. Like this deadly attack

But as we have seen, this is not the narative Obama and his lap dog media wanted just before an election

So they coverd up

You know

Like Nixon covered up a political issue
Abraham Lincoln

>But as we have seen, this is not the narative Obama and his lap dog media
>wanted just before an election . . . .

Sorry, sarcasm often doesn't play well here. Here's a less sarcastic approach:

=============
The Boston Bombers and the Decline of Al-Qaeda
By Romesh Ratnesar
April 19, 2013

The full biographies of the brothers who carried out the Boston Marathon bombing are still coming into focus. What we do know is that the Tsarnaevs are Muslims; that they’ve lived in the U.S. for more than 10 years; and that the younger brother, Dzhokhar, became a U.S. citizen last year. By most accounts the men seem to have had no prior history of violence and embarked on a path of radicalization relatively recently. The investigation will continue, but for the moment the brothers more closely fit the description of “homegrown” militants than that of international terrorists.

This is largely what counterterrorism experts expected. As I wrote in this week’s print edition of Bloomberg Businessweek, because the U.S.’s campaign against al-Qaeda has been so effective in dismantling the organization’s capabilities:

“Acts of terrorism against the U.S. are less likely to be committed by a global enterprise like al-Qaeda than by small numbers of ‘self-radicalized’ domestic jihadists, far-right hate groups, anarchists, and radical environmentalists. Because they’re more diffuse, these potential perpetrators are also harder to identify and stop. ‘We know what to do with al-Qaeda,’ says Rick ‘Ozzie’ Nelson, a senior associate in the Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. ‘We understand this enemy. What we don’t understand nearly as well is what to do when Americans embrace a radical ideology that might lead them to commit violence.’”

It’s important, however, to keep that threat in perspective. Since Sept. 11, domestic terrorist attacks—even attempted attacks—have been exceedingly rare and caused a tiny number of deaths compared with, say, gun violence. Overall, the period between Sept. 11, 2001, and April 15, 2013, has been remarkably uneventful when it comes to domestic terrorism. Here’s the evidence:

“Since Sept. 11, 380 people have been indicted for plotting attacks inside the U.S., according to data compiled by the New America Foundation. Of that number, 77 were able to obtain materials for a bomb. Until Boston, only one, a white supremacist named Dennis Mahon who targeted a black city official in Scottsdale, Ariz., with a letter bomb in 2004, managed to make and detonate a device. Overall, the post-Sept. 11 era has been ‘the most tranquil period in terms of domestic terrorist violence since the 1960s,’ says Brian Michael Jenkins, a counterterrorism expert at the Rand Corp. ‘During the 1970s we were dealing with 50 to 60 terrorist bombings [in the U.S.] a year. If we were dealing with that now, people would be going crazy.’
=========================

Billvon wrote: Nope,we just killed Bin Laden. Al Qaeda is still around and attacking just as much as ever. Like this deadly attack.

Rushmc wrote:But as we have seen,this is not the narative Obama and his lap dog media wanted just before an election.
So they coverd up

you know.

Exactly!

I don't think anyone would say AQ was crushed in any sense. Just because UBL was off'ed doesn't change anything.

'They haven't gone away you know'.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

I don't think anyone would say AQ was crushed in any sense. Just because UBL was off'ed doesn't change anything.

Obama has been saying just that
AQ is weaker and on the run

Didn't fit just before an election

So

He (or someone) tried to cover it up
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>AQ is weaker and on the run

They are - but they are far from crushed.

Exactly

However, this is/was not the narrative from the Obama admin
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>AQ is weaker and on the run

Exactly

Your statement would be credible if you provided a link to the narrative where Obama claimed AQ was "crushed".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******>AQ is weaker and on the run

Exactly

Your statement would be credible if you provided a link to the narrative where Obama claimed AQ was "crushed".

First off
It took me about 5 minutes to stop laughing from the fact YOU are asking for something credible
:D

Next, what planet were on during the campaign???

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/10/17/obama-dropping-al-qaeda-run-stump-speech

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-touts-al-qaeda-s-demise-32-times-benghazi-attack-0

Remember, you need to put this in the correct time line

And how about those here?
Does this make any of you who spouted the video protest bs mad?

Especially DanG?
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4378744;search_string=bengazi%20protest%20video;#4378744
Abraham Lincoln

Obama did not literally say "crushed" but he did say things that aluded to al qaeda being finished as a global threat.
:D:D:D:D
The word crushed is not being used to litrerally mean compressed into pieces like crushing a bug,but rather like when you defeat the opposing team for instance.
You often hear people say things like" that team suffered a crushing defeat in that game".

You really need to figure out what you're mad about.

When you do, and can put it into a succint sentence or two, please let me know and I'll try to respond.

And none of your non sequitor one liners, please. Just say what you believe the issue is.

- Dan G

DanG

You really need to figure out what you're mad about.

When you do, and can put it into a succint sentence or two, please let me know and I'll try to respond.

And none of your non sequitor one liners, please. Just say what you believe the issue is.

Mad?

Not mad about anything

You on the other hand should be

You backed Obama on this one

It appears he let you down
Abraham Lincoln

I'll try again to have a discussion...

What is it that you see as the issue regarding the Benghazi attacks? If you give me a succint description of the issues at hand as you see them, I'll try to respond.

Same request stands regarding non sequitor one-liners, please.

- Dan G

DanG

I'll try again to have a discussion...

What is it that you see as the issue regarding the Benghazi attacks? If you give me a succint description of the issues at hand as you see them, I'll try to respond.

Same request stands regarding non sequitor one-liners, please.

Sorry
Your request can not be considered serious
Nothing has changed since you and I first discussed this months ago
Just turns out I am right
Lies were put out to protect Obama during an election
Lies that were meant to cover up
But you dance well
Just as Obama is doing

Now sigh again and play the indignant card
You are good at it
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

I knew you would be unable to articulate your position. I just wanted everyone else to see it, too.

My position is very clear
You know it
:D:D

and you played the card just as predicted
Abraham Lincoln

Rush, your position on many things seems to be defined more by what it isn't, than by what it is, when it comes down to specifics that can be talked. And I'm not even talking about arguing against, just that when an opinion is based on a set of data, and you have bounded the data, then there's a good foundation.

But if the opinion is, instead, bounded on beliefs or others' opinions, then even if the core gut feeling doesn't shift, the argument does. Kind of like measurement -- if you measure each fence post against a standard, you end up with a fairly even fence. If you measure each fence post against the last one, then it varies a whole lot more.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Rush, your position on many things seems to be defined more by what it isn't, than by what it is, when it comes down to specifics that can be talked. And I'm not even talking about arguing against, just that when an opinion is based on a set of data, and you have bounded the data, then there's a good foundation.

But if the opinion is, instead, bounded on beliefs or others' opinions, then even if the core gut feeling doesn't shift, the argument does. Kind of like measurement -- if you measure each fence post against a standard, you end up with a fairly even fence. If you measure each fence post against the last one, then it varies a whole lot more.

Wendy P.

Do you think we have been lied to about the Benghazi incident?

Do think there is an ongoing cover up?
Abraham Lincoln

>However, this is/was not the narrative from the Obama admin

Actually yes it is. Some quotes:

"Four years ago, I told you we’d end the war in Iraq, and I did. I said we’d end the war in Afghanistan, and we are. I said we’d refocus on the people who actually attacked us on 9/11—and today, al-Qaeda is on the run and Osama bin Laden is dead."

"On the run" - not "crushed."

"As one counterterrorism expert recently observed, because of our efforts al Qaeda and its allies have not only lost operational capacity, they've lost legitimacy and credibility. Of course, nobody does a better job of discrediting al Qaeda than al Qaeda itself, which has killed men and women and children of many faiths in many nations, and which has absolutely no positive future to offer the people of the world.

So even as we target al Qaeda and its bankrupt vision, we also know that we have to be vigilant in defending our people at home. And that takes aggressive intelligence collection and skillful analysis. And that demands the effective and efficient coordination between federal government and our state and local partners."

"Lost legitimacy and credibility" - not "crushed."

"And if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act, and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaida. That has to be our biggest national security priority.”

"Will crush" - not "crushed."