BillyVance

Explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line area today

You missed the video of a Chechen soldier slitting a Russian's throat.
[:/]

Maybe you haven't heard about what the Russians did to the Chechen civilians. It was a horror show.

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/icons/russ-atrocities.html

What the Russians did in Chechnya was nothing short of genocide.

Treat people as inhuman and that is what they will become.

Agreed. Looking at the whole history, and not just cherry-picking what the Russians allow to be reported, it seems like finger-pointing more at one than the other is quite unfair. The parlance is also unfair. Governments and their military (who have far more access to and control of news reporting) are always about "security campaigns" and "law and order"; while armed civilians fighting the government are always "terrorists" (or, before, WWII, "anarchists).

We shouldn't be so quick to jump on the Chechen-bashing bandwagon without looking at the other side, too.

Maybe you haven't heard about what the Russians did to the Chechen civilians. It was a horror show.

Agreed. Looking at the whole history, and not just cherry-picking what the Russians allow to be reported, it seems like finger-pointing more at one than the other is quite unfair. The parlance is also unfair. Governments and their military (who have far more access to and control of news reporting) are always about "security campaigns" and "law and order"; while armed civilians fighting the government are always "terrorists" (or, before, WWII, "anarchists).

We shouldn't be so quick to jump on the Chechen-bashing bandwagon without looking at the other side, too.

I think this is an apropos link right about now:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-majority-of-americans-not-informed-enough-to,32124/

:S
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Another Chechen terrorist act was the 2002 Moscow movie theater hostage-taking. About 130 hostages died in that one.

They're born with the same genes. However, socialization seems to make a difference, doesn't it [:/]

And, ya know -- it could still be a setup, or something else like that -- too much is unknown, and jumping to conclusions early based on limited information is more damaging in this case than in the Incidents forum.

Wendy P.

One of the links from aphid's column leads to another young canadian boxer killed in russia as a jihadist and tells how he went from converting to islam to joining the movement to dead in just over a year. All these people saying they don't believe it just hadn't seen him in a while. One of the traits is that converts withdraw from previous relationships as they surround themselves with similar jihadist followers and orthodoxy...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

hence my statement in another thread

human nature has remained unchanged over the 200 years (or 2 millenia)... so-called 'civilization' is nowhere near as ingrained around the world as liberals like to think it is.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.

>Is it just me,or is this smelling like jihad?

It's just you. It's looking more and more like a loser of a kid who went out with a bang.

I'll take some of your drugs for sure. The older brother was out of the country for 6 months last year. You're deluded if you believe this is not part of jihad...

It's just you. It's looking more and more like a loser of a kid who went out with a bang.

I'll take some of your drugs for sure. The older brother was out of the country for 6 months last year. You're deluded if you believe this is not part of jihad...

Yes, it's so apparent they were backed by a very rich and powerful terrorist group who planned and funded their well-coordinated escape from the city, provided them with sophisticated weapons and equipment, and gave them plenty of money and vehicles with which to make their getaway.

Oh wait....
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Now here is something interesting:http://www.businessinsider.com/murder-of-brendan-mess-the-best-friend-of-boston-bombing-suspect-tamerlan-tsarnaev-2013-4
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>Yes, it's so apparent they were backed by very rich and powerful terrorist group......

So you are saying these powerful terrorist groups spend alot of money and resources on saving the perpetrators of these violent acts?
I thought one of their favorite and most effective methods of terror were the use of human bombs,or suicide jihadist if you like.
Doesn't seem to me like they really worry to much about the little martyr fish getting away,or even surviving the acts of terror.
It does seem they spend alot of resources on the protection of the extremist leaders and masterminds who send the martyrs out to commit the violence though.

one thing nobody has mentioned yet: robert's conclusions were pretty close, when you take the fact that he was using a little misinformation the media was reporting. two guys, foreigners raised here, residents of the area, some training in ieds. good work blevins...now how many people refuted all of these claims? i didn't feel like going back and counting.
http://kitswv.com

damn, i KNEW I should have translated my post for the sarcasm-deficient in the audience.

I'm saying they spend money and resources on them, yes. as for these two, at what point in this entire saga, from pre-bombing to eventual capture, EVER indicated that they had any backing other than what they could scrounge together on their own? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

They had to hijack a car and demand the driver withdraw money from an ATM. oh yes, terrorist masterminds, these guys.

I'm saying that if I had to pick between them being trained jihadists backed by a powerful organization and them being a couple of lone wolf lunatics who decided they'd be "heroes" to their homeland, i'm gonna go with door number 2 every time.

one thing nobody has mentioned yet: robert's conclusions were pretty close, when you take the fact that he was using a little misinformation the media was reporting. two guys, foreigners raised here, residents of the area, some training in ieds. good work blevins...now how many people refuted all of these claims? i didn't feel like going back and counting.

You mean shameful.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-boston-bombing-reddit-learns-how-a-witch-hunts-can-start-20130420,0,5670679.story
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I never said they were masterminds.
I do however feel they were coached by someone with islamic extremist ties.
Intelligence agencies world wide now believe that the islamic extremist groups have become more loosely organized and now function with less direct supervision from the leaders and masterminds,since many of the leaders are staying off the radar to avoid extermination lately.
But even if they have no ties to organized groups, such acts of violence driven by extreme islamic belief is still what I would call JIHAD!
The majority of attacks of this type that have occurred around the world in recent decades have been done by islamic extremist,have they not?

Yes, it's so apparent they were backed by a very rich and powerful terrorist group who planned and funded their well-coordinated escape from the city, provided them with sophisticated weapons and equipment, and gave them plenty of money and vehicles with which to make their getaway.

Oh wait....

since when did anyone ever say that terrorists had to be rich and powerful, or that they needed well-coordinated escapes plans, sophisticated weapons? Osama Bin Laden was pretty rich and that helped his organization a lot, I'm sure, but for hundreds of years terrorists have existed because they were often downtrodden. Again, as I said, the older brother was investigated in 2011 for having links to terrorists.

damn, i KNEW I should have translated my post for the sarcasm-deficient in the audience.

I'm saying they spend money and resources on them, yes. as for these two, at what point in this entire saga, from pre-bombing to eventual capture, EVER indicated that they had any backing other than what they could scrounge together on their own? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

They had to hijack a car and demand the driver withdraw money from an ATM. oh yes, terrorist masterminds, these guys.

I'm saying that if I had to pick between them being trained jihadists backed by a powerful organization and them being a couple of lone wolf lunatics who decided they'd be "heroes" to their homeland, i'm gonna go with door number 2 every time.

then why'd one of them get interviewed a couple of years ago by the fbi?

By the FBI's own admission, the FBI was warned about Tsarnaev in 2011 by a foreign government (presumably Russia).

The foreign government told the FBI that Tsarnaev had become "a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer and that he had changed drastically ... as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country's region to join unspecificied underground groups."

In response to this warning, the FBI says it checked databases and interviewed Tsarnaev and other family members in the summer of 2011 but found no evidence of "terrorism activity."

Then the FBI says it "requested more information" about Tsarnaev from the foreign government but never received it.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-warned-about-boston-bombing-suspect-2013-4#ixzz2R2Y9KwJN

early 2011, a foreign government asked the FBI for information about Tamerlan Tsarnaev. The request stated that it was based on information that he was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country’s region to join unspecified underground groups.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-warned-about-boston-bombing-suspect-2013-4#ixzz2R2Yfl2nz

Just because somebody is fingered by a forging government as a person who is leaning in that direction, doesn't mean they are being run by other foreign operatives.

There are, unfortunately, a LOT of wannabes in the world and more than a few of them have done things they think are aligned to promote them in organizations, but in reality have absolutely nothing to do with them.

President Reagan was almost killed because one loonie thought he could impress Jodie Foster by assassinating him. That doesn't mean Jodie Foster had anything to do with it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

see the article linked

early 2011, a foreign government asked the FBI for information about Tamerlan Tsarnaev. The request stated that it was based on information that he was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country’s region to join unspecified underground groups.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-warned-about-boston-bombing-suspect-2013-4#ixzz2R2Yfl2nz

And of course we now know he did go to russia in january until june or july last year...

So what? How many skydivers do you know who have traveled to the Middle East in the last year?

Travel, in and of itself, is not terrorism.

for six months? and for what purpose?

He used to LIVE there. Are you saying if somebody goes home for an extended visit it's suspicious?

apparently someone thought so at the time, even before he went. And I don't know if he needed a visa or anything to go and stay that long, or even if he stayed. He could have left russia to go to one of the training camps in the middle east for all I know.

It happened with 4 kids from my hometown last year, 2 of whom had their dna show up in a bombed out vehicle in the gasfields of algeria a couple of months ago, another of whom is in jail for terrorist activity in africa.

So I'll say it again. He had already been flagged.

Funny how you're willing to take rights away from millions of americans over gun control, but don't think we should suspect someone as being a terrorist when he's already been flagged and already died carrying out a terrorist act.