DougH

More "responsible" pool ownership.

Again, what do you think my argument is?

I am just keeping with the news article theme of the day.

These just seem to happen day in and day out.

Brandon's death was the second in three days to result from a child getting hold of a loaded weapon. In Tennessee on Saturday, another 4-year-old picked up a loaded weapon during a family cookout, firing off a shot that killed a 48-year-old woman.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-boy-shot-20130410,0,175971.story

We should take the NRA's approach and push every family to buy a pool. For the children. I'm sure that would solve the problem. Maybe even have the pool industry kick us a few bucks to, you know, show their appreciation.

Not a bad idea if they pitched a safety course for the pool owners, and pool gates.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

>Not a bad idea if they pitched a safety course for the pool owners, and pool gates.

And got $1 per gate! And then they could blame violent pool games for any resulting fatalities.

I would blame stupid parents and supervising adults that don't shut the gates, but that is just me.

Marco..... Polo....
=P

>I would blame stupid parents and supervising adults that don't shut the gates, but that is just me.

Hmm. Might want to get LaPierre on the phone then . . . .

===============
NRA Blames Video Games for Violent Crimes, Then Releases Shooter Game
January 15, 2013 1:03 PM

. . .

At a Dec. 21 press conference, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre incited controversy becoming the latest public figure to blame violence on video games.

He remarked, "Guns don’t kill people. Video games, the media and Obama’s budget kill people. There exists in this country, sadly, a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells and stows violence against its own people, through vicious, violent video games with names like 'Bulletstorm,' 'Grand Theft Auto,' 'Mortal Kombat' and 'Splatterhouse.'"

Given that criticism it seems pretty peculiar that the NRA would release a new shooter-style game on the iTunes apps store for Apple, Inc.'s (AAPL) iPads and iPhones.
================

No-one is seriously attempting to BAN guns.

Only because they don't have a serious chance of banning all guns right now. They are however trying to ban as many guns and gun related items as possible. What's your next BS dodge or circular argument?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

>I thought we were talking about pools and stupid parents. I think you're in the wrong thread.

Ah, my mistake. Thought this was yet another bad analogy to gun rights.

I thought I already addressed that... I was only trying to keep with today's news story theme.
=P

>Drinking the NRA's kool aid?

I don't drink koolaid, or the fancy koolaid they call sports drinks either,and besides koolaid is only cool with cults and college campuses it seems.
At least it seems like most college professors are alot like cult leaders and push alot of it,and the kids have to drink it to be cool.

No-one is seriously attempting to BAN guns.

Only because they don't have a serious chance of banning all guns right now. They are however trying to ban as many guns and gun related items as possible. What's your next BS dodge or circular argument?

Also, professor, FYI:
"Mr and Mrs America, turn them all in"

What part of "seriously" is it that you can't comprehend?

They are seriously trying. They can't get the whole shebang just yet(even though that IS their stated goal), but that hasn't stopped them seriously trying to get every bit they can passed into law. They have their plans, they have their preparations, they have taken what steps they could unopposed, and they are fighting for more in the courts and the legislature. When exactly is it SERIOUS in your mind? When it is through two houses, over the injunctions, and waiting for a signature and press conference?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

[Reply]We should take the NRA's approach and push every family to buy a pool.

Or take the left's approach, and arrest any parent that tries to teach a child to swim. Pools are dangerous and kill hundreds of people each year and children should be protected from them.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I couldn't believe all the safety regulations I had to complete in putting in a pool. Do this, do that. I even had to install a wire mesh (ground) imbedded in concrete below the pavers around the pool that is grounded to the pump. I don't have a clue what that would accomplish but they told me if someone was struck by lightning as they were stepping out of the pool to the deck they wouldn't be hurt. Can you believe that. No one seems to know what its for. And it cost me an extra $4000 to put that in there. Code. The mesh is also required for hot tubes. And get this, you need to have a device on the outside water spiqot to keep pool water from going up the hose back into the house so that drinking water is not effected by pool water. Can you believe that. Like pool water is going to flow from the pool up the hose back into the house. I had to put a locked device, that can't come off on the spiqot to keep water flowing in one direction, which it flow one way any way. Dumb.