quade

So, still think Loughner wasn't insane?

So once again, we're right back to being unable to predict the future. We cannot know when someone will snap.

So you want to take away my hunting rifle.

:|

really. I thought you were intelligent.
Do you truly know so little of firearms?

Here, let me amend my statement.

Simply amend the Second Amendment. Problem solved.

(Please note lack of sarcasti-quotes.)

Remember when they did that with alcohol? And thanks to the 4th Amendment they couldn't just go into places? Hence the speakeasy was born because cops couldn't just search a place, and looking normal from the outside, controlled entrance, etc., made it highly difficult.

So banning alcohol wasn't successful because they had to get rid of the 4th Amendment. But alcohol was also consumed, so they could work on intercepting production and supply. Problem: guns aren't like that. They can be kept and still work even when used.

Ah - ban ammunition. Like acohol it needs to be manufactured because it's consumed. Like alcohol, it becomes a black market and people get it anyway. See Prohibition. See "War on Drugs" to gauge effectiveness. The government can't even keep drugs, alcohol or even guns out of jails and prisons, Paul.

I'm glad that you have stated it takes Amending the Constitution. But understand it has to be more than just the Second Amendment gine before it goes.

And also note that a state is also free to give the right to guns. You know how the feds ban gay marriage but states can allow it? Imagine a few states where guns are allowed.

What are the chances of repealing the Second Amendment. Yep - zero. It's wasting time and being disingenuous trying to solve it under our framework as it exists. And history has shown time and again that we can't stop people from getting banned freon, incandescent bulbs, high-flow toilets, drugs, alcohol, etc.

So why do we keep trying when it ends up failing?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

In what way specifically?

Well, for one, clarify its meaning. Make it so people can't get pissy over comma placement and variously infer what the intent of it is. If you want to say it is so people can defend themselves, fine, but it was never intended the insane have access to weapons capable of mass murders. Yet, I've heard a "lawyer" here defend the idea they should be allowed access even if insane as long as they haven't killed anyone . . . yet.

but it was never intended the insane have access to weapons capable of mass murders.

1) Purpose... Tyranny.

2) Shall not be infringed... shall not be undermined.

My home state of Virginia - Sic Semper Tyrannis - Death to Tyrants.

Quite Simply.

Once again... if someone starts killing people, ya just gotta kill them before they rack up double digits. Everything the Founders did was about binding the hands of power and preserving liberty for the people.

EVERYTHING... was about, Power; and Human Nature.

Just because Lanza wanted to rack up a buncha points and kill the most people so he was Number 1, doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to have a rifle, big ass mags and all the ammo I want.

Quade... your statement is nonsensical.

Use your brain. You haven't to date...

In what way specifically?

Quade's edit...

A well regulated Militia, is not necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall be determined by a Federal panel of experts.

Nice try, but I can type for myself.

How am I wrong?

You HAVE SAID, you want a panel of experts... therefore, a Federal Panel to evaluate every aspect of gun ownership and mental health screenings... even though you have clearly shown you can't define mental illness of which "shouldn't have access to firearms" and sound like a moron trying to do so.

Yet if you acknowledge the purpose, being Tyranny, then we don't even need to talk about the definition of Militia or commas. Only someone who wants to undermine the purpose, will talking about hunting and commas.

So... in your words... Buzz Off.

The purpose was to be able to have a citizen army available to be called up to defend the country. That purpose is now completely moot. It has come to also include ownership for purposes of self defense which I'm not opposed to.

In no case was it ever intended to include mentally ill people's access to weapons with which to commit mass murders.

If you can show me anything to the contrary, you'll have a point. Until then, you remain without one.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

With all due respect . . . wait, sorry, I can't do that . . . I simply do not respect anything you've ever had to say about any topic whatsoever.

Buzz off.

Coco is one of the most well-read and brilliant people on this forum.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

The purpose was to be able to have a citizen army available to be called up to defend the country

Riiiight, because of... Tyranny.

9/11 was a gift for the NSA... and if not for the 22nd amendment, and if those who spoke out against Bush had not, that fucker would have gone even further than he was able to go, and we very well could have fell into a dictator with whoever came after him.

Plus... We dealt with Muslim Terrorists after Washington and we kicked their asses. The, citizen army, wasn't for when, or if, they or others invaded out shores... but was a further deterrent for anyone that debated it; including the British.

That purpose is now completely moot.

The NSA is obtaining and storing every email, text, tweet, facebook post, phone call... everything.

You are INSANE if you think that...

We should take away your right to own guns, immediately.

Don't forget... Loughner was a "lefty", and he went after a (progressive) Democrat.

In no case was it ever intended to include mentally ill people's access to weapons with which to commit mass murders.

You are turning it completely on its head, the exact same way Progressives turn the Constitution on its head.

The same way the Constitution does not address abortion (meaning if you want it to, amend it), is the same way the second amendment does not address mental illness.

If you want it to... amend the Constitution and require all parties who wish to own a gun, mental health screening to determine competency.

Its never going to happen... so buzz off.

It has come to also include ownership for purposes of self defense which I'm not opposed to.

Self-defense is common sense and a Natural Right under Natural Law; a right(s) that comes from your humanity; with the majority of the men of the convention and most of the country today, believing our humanity (our life) comes from God.

Psst, Quade....Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles, Circles.

Edit to Add: OMFG, stop editing every damn post you make.

P.S. Oh wait, I didn't edit this.

...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall be determined by a Federal panel of experts.

Remember this...?

Fuck your panel.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4447706#4447706

Fuck your panel.

I'm not a fan of gratuitous swearing, etc.

But you really made me laugh out loud with that. I could just hear the delivery...

A well regulated Militia, is not necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall be determined by a Federal panel of experts.

How am I wrong?

That is exactly how you would word it.

Do you have Alzheimer's... that's pretty dangerous; no guns for you.

So once again, we're right back to being unable to predict the future. We cannot know when someone will snap.

So you want to take away my hunting rifle.

:|

really. I thought you were intelligent.
Do you truly know so little of firearms?

Less than zero.

[Reply]Re: [dmcoco84] So, still think Loughner wasn't insane? by quade
Post: The purpose was to be able to have a citizen army available to be called up to defend the country.

Against whom?

Oh yes. Enemies. Foreign and domestic.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Some of the more famous pro-gun supporters here.

*sigh*
WTF does this have to do with "famous pro-gun supporters here"?

The boys was declared nuts.....so?

Another idiotic anti-2nd amendmant post.
:S

Going by some of your posts, I'm worrying about YOU having a weapon in your hands. Hopefully, you're playing "Devil's Advocate" but if you are, you're not playing with all the marbles.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Okay. So the parents knew he was nuts. After two years of intense scrutiny of everything this comes out.

So how does this change anything?

Folks like you have no problem with people like Loughner having easy access to guns.

????
What kind of utter bullshit are you on about now?

You drinking the same kool-aid as Quade?

Do you even realize what your posts say about you? Do you even care? I assure you, it's not anything to be proud of.

You people can come up with some of the most off-the-wall, insane BS posts imaginable.
YOU shouldn't have a weapon either,

You and Quade...go sit in a corner and think about the 'wisdom' you just posted.

Show where anybody has posted that they want nutters to have guns? Yeah, you got caught with your pants down.....again.

I knew better than to come in here knowing full well that I was going to see ignorant posts made by tunnel-visioned, unthinking people.
:S:S

...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall be determined by a Federal panel of experts.

Remember this...?

Fuck your panel.

(continued from above).....Except for that.
Somebody makes a sensible statement in here...God forbid...we're all gonna die.

Remember this...?

Fuck your panel.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4447706#4447706

Fuck your panel.

I'm not a fan of gratuitous swearing, etc.

But you really made me laugh out loud with that. I could just hear the delivery...

How am I wrong?

That is exactly how you would word it.

Do you have Alzheimer's... that's pretty dangerous; no guns for you.

Any time now, Quade...

Or did you forget about this thread, because you have Alzheimer's?

The purpose was to be able to have a citizen army available to be called up to defend the country.

That is true, although not entirely. The Second Amendment also served to ensure the people had the means to overthrow a corrupt and unjust government as the American colonists just had. But don't take my word for it, take it from one of the framers of the Constitution, Alexander Hamilton, as he wrote in Federalist 28:

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted[sic] with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."