rushmc

A Federal Take Permit?

Sorry, but I find this story funny as hell:D

On so many levels:D

Eagle death at Nevada wind farm brings federal scrutiny

Eagle death at Nevada wind farm brings federal scrutiny

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife is conducting a criminal investigation after a golden eagle was killed at the Spring Valley Wind Farm near Ely in February.

The $225 million Spring Valley Wind Farm went online in August as the first utility-scale wind farm in Nevada and the first to be built on federal land in the United States.
By HENRY BREAN
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
A single dead eagle could spell trouble for a White Pine County wind farm that sells power to NV Energy.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is conducting an investigation after a golden eagle was killed in late February at the Spring Valley Wind Farm, about 300 miles north of Las Vegas.

San Francisco-based Pattern Energy, which owns the 152-megawatt wind energy project, reported the dead bird and turned it over to federal authorities within 36 hours of its discovery.

“They did all the things they were supposed to because of an eagle death,” said Jeannie Stafford, spokeswoman for the Fish and Wildlife Service in Nevada.

Even so, the wind farm could face a fine of up to $200,000 because it does not hold a federal “take” permit that would allow the incidental death of a golden or bald eagle.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/energy/eagle-death-nevada-wind-farm-brings-federal-scrutiny
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Cause of death?
Wing loading?
Any known medical or depression issues?

How many previous flights, and was it wearing a camera?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Just declare airspace around wind farm "prohibited", then it will be the Eagle's %#*& fault.

I *like* it!:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Maybe it was self defense, on the part of the person.
Just had a story on the news here the other day of Eagles attacking people. I think it was in Seward or Kenai so it does happen:P

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.