regulator

Suspected 10 year old wanted for murder

Police are going door-to-door in a coastal Georgia town in a frantic search for two young suspects after a gunman shot an infant dead in the stroller his mother was pushing.

Officer Todd Rhodes of the Brunswick Police Department told FoxNews.com that numerous tips had been received in connection to the Thursday morning shooting, but no suspect or weapon had yet been located, police said Friday. Investigators were also checking school attendance records for leads.

Several nearby residents called 911 after hearing gunshots fired, but Rhodes said investigators believe the mother was the only witness to what happened.

"Understand this: There is no clear motive right now," he said.

The suspects in the killing of the 13-month-old boy and wounding of his mother are thought to be as young as 10 years old, Brunswick Police Chief Tobe Green said.

"He said 'I'm going to kill you if you don't give me money,' and I said, ‘I swear I don't have any,"' the mother, Sherry West, said in a interview with Jacksonville’s WAWS-TV.

West said she attempted to protect her baby, Antonio but shots rang out, striking her in the leg and her son in the head.

"I put my arms over my baby and he shoves me and then he shot my baby right in the head," West said.

West was later transported to the Southeast Georgia Health System for medical treatment. She is expected to recover.

"This is obviously a terrible day in Brunswick," Brunswick Mayor Bryan Thompson said. “If you know something and don’t call, you are complicit in this crime.”

Antonio's father, Louis Santiago, told WAWS-TV he wishes he could have been there to protect his family.

"He was special," Santiago said. "He had the bluest, bluest eyes."

Residents described Brunswick — a city of roughly 15,000 about 80 miles south of Savannah — as normally quiet despite some property crimes of late.

"This makes me very uneasy," Patricia Buie told The Brunswick News. "Now I am very concerned. It is making me want to move to the mountains."

Officers from a SWAT team checked vacant houses as investigators tried to find possible witnesses. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources provided a helicopter to aid the search.

A sketch artist from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was en route to Brunswick to assist police with the case. Police in Brunswick are heading the investigation, but the GBI assisted in the neighborhood search, according to GBI Special Agent Mike McDaniel.

A $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction if being offered by the Brunswick Police Department. Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at (912) 267-5516.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/22/police-georgia-infant-killed-while-pushed-in-stroller/?test=latestnews#ixzz2OIQVzTkP

"He said 'I'm going to kill you if you don't give me money,' and I said, ‘I swear I don't have any,"' the mother, Sherry West, said in a interview with Jacksonville’s WAWS-TV.

West said she attempted to protect her baby, Antonio but shots rang out, striking her in the leg and her son in the head.

"I put my arms over my baby and he shoves me and then he shot my baby right in the head," West said.

-------------------------------------------------
what fine role models the parents of the suspects must be

Anyone else think this smells a bit fishy?

-----------------------------------------------------------

DEVELOPING: Two teenage boys were arrested Friday in the shocking shooting death of an infant, killed in the stroller his mother was pushing.

One suspect is a 17-year-old boy, who is considered an adult under Georgia criminal law. The other suspect is 14.

So your headline was right. They were only suspected to be 10 years old.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Let see how you can tell the difference between a baby faced 10 or 14 year old while theyre holding a gun to your head.

In the orignal post the mother speculated one of the suspects appeared to be around 10 years old.

Trying to be funny about the very awkward phrasing in your subject line. Whoosh.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

So your headline was right. They were only suspected to be 10 years old.

I can tell you for sure that when I was 16, I could have passed for a 10 year old. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Let see how you can tell the difference between a baby faced 10 or 14 year old while theyre holding a gun to your head.

In the orignal post the mother speculated one of the suspects appeared to be around 10 years old.

Trying to be funny about the very awkward phrasing in your subject line. Whoosh.

I've spent a lifetime trying to hybridize pedantry with standup comedy. It's a lonely enterprise. Noble, but lonely.

I've spent a lifetime trying to hybridize pedantry with standup comedy. It's a lonely enterprise. Noble, but lonely.

We should start a support group.

I just want to see how the parents of these two jackasses react. Can't wait to see someone like Quannel X get involved and attempt to assert blame on something else rather than taking responsibility and disowning them for their actions.

If I did something like this my parents would disown me and ignore my existance. I'll be waiting to hear how they attempt to own up for what their kids did.

Anyone else think this smells a bit fishy?

-----------------------------------------------------------

DEVELOPING: Two teenage boys were arrested Friday in the shocking shooting death of an infant, killed in the stroller his mother was pushing.

One suspect is a 17-year-old boy, who is considered an adult under Georgia criminal law. The other suspect is 14.

Another case to support keeping abortion safe and legal until the fetus can vote. These two should be removed from the gene pool stat.

We should have mandated more state run supervision in school. The parents aren't responsible. Its the governments fault.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The city's website describes Brunswick, with a population of about 15,000, as "one of the most unique, historic and visually stunning places in the world."

Having been to Brunswick many times, I think that this statement pretty much sums up the level of denial and the orders of magnitude of disconnect that the leadership of Brunswick suffer from.

There's something really, really odd going on with this story.
Owned by Remi #?

There's something really, really odd going on with this story.

Yeah, seriously. It's tough to tell from the scattered news reports but it doesn't add up. Of course it's entirely possible it does (we had a house robbery years ago that was very very strange but all on the up and up so I guess you never know).
Performance Designs Factory Team

Yeah, seriously. It's tough to tell from the scattered news reports but it doesn't add up. Of course it's entirely possible it does (we had a house robbery years ago that was very very strange but all on the up and up so I guess you never know).

Sure, odds say that weird stuff can and will happen.
Owned by Remi #?