ryoder

Ahmadinejad under fire for hugging Chavez's mother

He's also never been one to make much, if any, sense with what he says... like this:

"The clerics were also outraged by Ahmadinejad's letter of condolence to Venezuelans and their interim leader Nicolas Maduro because the Iranian president had described Chavez as a "martyr" who will be resurrected and who will return to Earth along with Jesus Christ and Imam Mahdi, a 9th century saint revered by Shiite Muslims."

I thought he didn't believe in Jesus? Hmmm....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Iran's gov't system is still a mystery to me; I've never understood the power distribution between the old mullah's and the elected officials. But every time I read about Ahmadinejad pissing-off the old mullah's, I figure he can't be *all* bad!:D:D:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Iran's gov't system is still a mystery to me; I've never understood the power distribution between the old mullah's and the elected officials. But every time I read about Ahmadinejad pissing-off the old mullah's, I figure he can't be *all* bad!:D:D:D

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: You ain't kidding.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Part of the universal human experience is that people will find any and every excuse they can to shit on their rivals. At its core, politics is all about people, even if veiled and couched in terms of issues. The clerics who are shocked and outraged are, in larger part, his political rivals.

So we in the West find it odd. I imagine people in Asia or Africa don't quite understand why Americans could possibly care so much about how often Dan Quayle or Obama played golf, or whether Reagan used to wear jodphurs and riding boots at his ranch.

Part of the universal human experience is that people will find any and every excuse they can to shit on their rivals. At its core, politics is all about people, even if veiled and couched in terms of issues. The clerics who are shocked and outraged are, in larger part, his political rivals.

So we in the West find it odd. I imagine people in Asia or Africa don't quite understand why Americans could possibly care so much about how often Dan Quayle or Obama played golf, or whether Reagan used to wear jodphurs and riding boots at his ranch.

What I don't understand is why does Iran still have a president when the country is run and controlled by Islamists? If they'd wanted to, they could abolish the presidency. As it looks like now, Ahmadinejad is just their whipping boy.

What I don't understand is why does Iran still have a president when the country is run and controlled by Islamists? If they'd wanted to, they could abolish the presidency. As it looks like now, Ahmadinejad is just their whipping boy.

For the same reason England still has a queen. Why not?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>Because neither side has sufficient power to impose absolute authority.

Which is an good position for that country to be in. Not allowing either set of nut jobs complete control sets the stage for ever more moderate voices to join the debate.

Admit the deficiency of your analogy, and repent.

ETA- I'd call it more akin to Skymama vs. Billvon. Sooner or later, blood will flow.

Good point... Though she has no governing power nor influence, if any.

She has fashion sense.

She has fashion sense.

For little old blue-haired ladies, maybe. :ph34r:

>Because neither side has sufficient power to impose absolute authority.

Which is an good position for that country to be in. Not allowing either set of nut jobs complete control sets the stage for ever more moderate voices to join the debate.

are you talking about Washington DC? because it actually just seems to scare off the moderates, leaving us with just loud and extremely fringe nut jobs in there to split control.....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

He's also never been one to make much, if any, sense with what he says... like this:

"The clerics were also outraged by Ahmadinejad's letter of condolence to Venezuelans and their interim leader Nicolas Maduro because the Iranian president had described Chavez as a "martyr" who will be resurrected and who will return to Earth along with Jesus Christ and Imam Mahdi, a 9th century saint revered by Shiite Muslims."

Thats because you don't know about Islam. Muslims believe that Jesus accended into heaven and he will return again in the second coming just before the end of the Earth. Islam is an eschatological religion.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>are you talking about Washington DC?

I wish I was! The democrats are getting far too much control lately. You can't even read the news without hearing about the latest (self-created) disaster for the GOP.

it's really Loonie Tunes - the Dems are driving along grinding the car into the concrete divider mile after mile after mile

and no one notices because the Reps car keeps catching fire every quarter mile and taking all the notice

the real winners are comedians

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>the Dems are driving along grinding the car into the concrete divider mile after mile
>after mile

>and no one notices because the Reps car keeps catching fire every quarter mile and
>taking all the notice

Dems: Pull over! Stupid republicans. Don't even notice their car is on fire.

Reps: Why should I pull over? At least I can drive.

>the Dems are driving along grinding the car into the concrete divider mile after mile
>after mile

>and no one notices because the Reps car keeps catching fire every quarter mile and
>taking all the notice

Here's one republic that turned into a dictatorship...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Republic

Thats because you don't know about Islam. Muslims believe that Jesus accended into heaven and he will return again in the second coming just before the end of the Earth. Islam is an eschatological religion.

Thanks for the clarification. I got Jesus and Jews mixed up. :$

>after mile

>taking all the notice

I think it's more like:

Reps: I don't care if the car is on fire, I'm driving till it won't go anymore.

Dems: Look at that car on fire....we need to pass a law against that and put a tax on the flames.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

I thought he didn't believe in Jesus? Hmmm***

think I read that they did believe in jesus but didnt worship him, he was just regarded as a prophet or holy man or something like that.

someone here probably knows and hopefully will correct me if I am wrong.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Jesus is a Jew, no mix-up there! :D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

No no, you're getting Jews and Leprechauns mixed up.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca