toolbox

The NRA 500 at the Texas motor speedway

I watched some liberals on Piers Morgan recently expressing how they felt NASCAR's image and popularity could suffer from embracing the NRA's sponsorship of the 500 race at the Texas motor speedway:D:D:D.
I'm more of a 1/4 mile guy myself, but I know alot of NASCAR fans,and I had to laugh at the notion of a NASCAR fan who might be offended or put off by the NRA and NASCAR teaming up.
NASCAR fans that I know,like to own guns,like large guns,like large capacity magazines for their guns,love to shoot their high capacity large guns,ect.
I could be wrong,but I don't think there would be very many liberals who are NASCAR fans, so hearing these folks bitch, and express all that indignation, was quite amusing to me.
I usually do not follow NASCAR,but now think I might start watching more of it,and I would love to get an NRA 500 t-shirt.

I could be wrong,but I don't think there would be very many liberals who are NASCAR fans...

Well, you're wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/obama-romney-nascar_n_1910339.html
http://www.dkmsm.com/pdf/2010%20NASCAR%20Fan%20Base%20Demographics.pdf

Fascinating how short some people's memories are.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Quade,are you saying that you are a NASCAR fan?

I am a race fan. Not as die hard as some, but I know who Mark Martin and Jimmy Johnson is. I know the significance of the number 3 and I know what a gen 6 car is.

You are simply wrong in your assumptions about the number of people over the entire spectrum of society who watch it.

It's not just for rednecks...some of us actual bone fide latte drinkers watch it too.

No. I do not drink Coors Light. Sorry, but it's skunk piss.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

:D:DI have only watched NASCAR myself when nothing else caught my eye on the tube.
I consider myself to be more of a libertarian,and love the massive,loud,and violent horse power seen only in drag racing.
Not saying all libertarian's are 1/4 mile fans.
I know alot of liberals from the PDX area,and they all hate NASCAR and ridicule it.
I also like a good latte,but am also very content with a good old black brewed cup of mud as well.
I also will gladly swill down coors light or a fine IPA with equal relish, and believe a $12 dollar bottle of wine is as good as any $50 wine.

Something we agree on!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

NRA + NASCAR = Death Race!

I like it. Where do I sign up?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Seems like a natural fit to me

Hell, they still say prayers before the race:)
Abraham Lincoln

Go with MY suggestion and there will be prayer all during the race!

Throw in the hot chicks in tight jeans like the movie while you're at it. I promise this will sell.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Throw in the hot chicks in tight jeans like the movie while you're at it. I promise this will sell.

Ever been to a race?

You dont need to add them, they are already there
Abraham Lincoln

Now we need a race where the drivers take shots at each other. :ph34r::ph34r:

Call it the NRA 45. 223
:)
Abraham Lincoln

Quade,are you saying that you are a NASCAR fan?

I am a race fan. Not as die hard as some, but I know who Mark Martin and Jimmy Johnson is. I know the significance of the number 3 and I know what a gen 6 car is.

You are simply wrong in your assumptions about the number of people over the entire spectrum of society who watch it.

It's not just for rednecks...some of us actual bone fide latte drinkers watch it too.

I wouldn't drink Coors of any kind if somebody offered it to me. B|

There was a time, in the 60's and 70's when just about all of NASCAR's races were in the southeastern US - Daytona, Talladega, Atlanta, Darlington, Rockingham, Charlotte, Richmond, Bristol, etc. I'm not sure when they started going nationwide with tracks like Loudon, NH, Watkins Glen, NY, Pocono, PA, Las Vegas, CA, TX, KS etc. Probably started in the late 70's with Watkins Glen but I would have to do the research to make sure. They did the smart thing. It used to be a redneck's and moonshiner's sport, now it's gone mainstream.

The top level used to be called the Winston Cup, with the cigarette maker as the main sponsor. Somewhere in the 90's they did away with that and it became the Nextel Series and now Sprint.

I remember some of the worst crashes ever, like Rusty Wallace doing several spins on his nose and then barrel rolling across the finish line after a tap by Dale Earnhardt, Bobby Allison going airborne into the catch fence, Dale Sr dying at Daytona on the final lap, Davey Allison dying in the helicopter crash, the infamous Allison-Yarbrough brawl at Daytona in the first ever live TV telecast of a Nascar race. And the race that happened to be both Richard Petty's last race and Jeff Gordon's first. A passing of the guard if you will... Who knew then that Gordon would turn out to be one of the all time greats too?

Even then, I can't sit and watch a whole race, they're just too long. I'll sometimes watch them start and do the first 10 laps, then I'll come back and watch the last 20-30 laps, which is usually when the big wrecks come. And even then, I don't watch every race. I completely missed the Daytona 500 and only saw the start at Phoenix.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>No.I do not drink coors light. Sorry,but it's skunk piss.
>Something we agree on!

What are you guys,some kind of little slack jawed sissy boys?
That coors light stuff will turn you into a sexual tyrannosaurus!
Nothing but a couple of beer snobs,thats what you are.:D:D
Next you'll be saying shit about keystone,or busch lite.

>Fixed it for ya!:D

Sweet!:D:D:D.That has a nice ring to it"The NRA Colt 45".
Colt 45 used to be a mainstay beer for the seasoned liver as well:D:D:D,maybe NASCAR and the NRA could bring Colt 45 back to it's past glory, and at the same time better relate to the folks in the hood.
It could be the beginning of the end for Old English and Curved Steel:D:D:D.

I could be wrong,but I don't think there would be very many liberals who are NASCAR fans...

Well, you're wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/obama-romney-nascar_n_1910339.html
http://www.dkmsm.com/pdf/2010%20NASCAR%20Fan%20Base%20Demographics.pdf

Fascinating how short some people's memories are.

----------------------------------------------------
Were all fucked now! Quade is the voice of reason for nascar fans. I am a race fan. I prefer F1 myself but nascar is good too. I would debate your comment all day long. A vast majority of nascar fans are rednecks. But I guess since 50 cent was trying to get a kiss from an on track reporter during the daytona 500 last week that makes Nascar all PC now? Nope.

>Fixed it for ya!:D

Sweet!:D:D:D.That has a nice ring to it"The NRA Colt 45".
Colt 45 used to be a mainstay beer for the seasoned liver as well:D:D:D,maybe NASCAR and the NRA could bring Colt 45 back to it's past glory, and at the same time better relate to the folks in the hood.
It could be the beginning of the end for Old English and Curved Steel:D:D:D.

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>Next you'll be saying shit about keystone,or busch lite.

Just leave PBR out of this.

I used to have an antique PBR neon sign when I was in college. Sure wish I'd kept it. [:/]

>Just leave PBR out of this.

:DPBR,also known as wife beater in a can.
Drank alot of that stuff while chasing down bean buritos,or ramen,when the winter was setting in,and the tandems were becoming few and far between,in the early years.
PBR was a life saver:D:D
Lets see now. I like cheap beer,I like corndogs,I like guns,I like fast and loud cars,I like monster trucks and tractor pulls.
I'm pretty sure I possess most of the qualities of the average NASCAR fan:D:D:D