freethefly

From the mouth of their idol

“This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety ... While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.”

Ronald Reagan, in a May 3, 1994 letter to the U.S. House of Representatives, which was also signed by Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford.

“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

Ronald Reagan, in a speech at his 78th birthday celebration in Los Angeles on February 6, 1989.

“Certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited.”

Ronald Reagan, in an August 28, 1986 signing statement on a bill that banned the production and importation of armor-piercing bullets.

“With the right to bear arms comes a great responsibility to use caution and common sense on handgun purchases.”

Ronald Reagan, speech at George Washington University in a on March 29, 1991.

“Every year, an average of 9,200 Americans are murdered by handguns, according to Department of Justice statistics. This does not include suicides or the tens of thousands of robberies, rapes and assaults committed with handguns. This level of violence must be stopped.”

Ronald Reagan, in a March 29, 1991 New York Times op-ed in support of the Brady Bill.

“I think maybe there could be some restrictions that there had to be a certain amount of training taken.”

Ronald Reagan, in a press conference in Toronto on June 21, 1988, suggesting that prospective gun owners should have to receive training before purchasing a firearm.

“Well, I think there has to be some [gun] control.”

Ronald Reagan, during a question-and-answer session with high-school students on November 14, 1988.

Love my gun but, I have to agree with the Gipper.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Or maybe it was after he realized that even being completely surrounded by the best armed security force in the world, it still couldn't stop a crazy person who hand access to a gun.

BTW, Hinkley wasn't stopped by a "good man with a gun." He did, however, run out of bullets which gave people the opportunity to overcome him with their bare hands.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Or maybe it was after he realized that even being completely surrounded by the best armed security force in the world, it still couldn't stop a crazy person who hand access to a gun.

BTW, Hinkley wasn't stopped by a "good man with a gun." He did, however, run out of bullets which gave people the opportunity to overcome him with their bare hands.

The Hinkley Family and Ford Family where friends. Had Hinkley killed Reagan, Ford would have become President.

The Hinkley Family and Ford Family where friends. Had Hinkley killed Reagan, Ford would have become President.

Fairly certain George H. W. Bush would have something different to say about that.
quade -

Fairly certain George H. W. Bush would have something different to say about that.

Sorry, Bush and Hinkley family were friends. Scratch Ford, Jeesh time flys.

Fairly certain that if the ex-director of the CIA wanted to pull off a coup d'état he'd have somebody a bit better at it in his back pocket.

George H. W. Bush is an honorable man. I didn't always agree with his policies, but to imply he'd be part of a plan to kill Reagan while it was almost a certainty he'd wind up as the President in the next term is an insult to his character and intelligence.

Step away from the tin-foil hat crowd.
quade -

Fairly certain that if the ex-director of the CIA wanted to pull off a coup d'état he'd have somebody a bit better at it in his back pocket.

George H. W. Bush is an honorable man. I didn't always agree with his policies, but to imply he'd be part of a plan to kill Reagan while it was almost a certainty he'd wind up as the President in the next term is an insult to his character and intelligence.

Step away from the tin-foil hat crowd.

I think it was a coincidence family were friends. Not sure exactly what Bush Family was friend with any Hinkley family. I"m not impling Bush's sent over Hinkley to Kill Regan. Kennedy was in the car with a young girl at Chappaquiddick but that doesn't make him a killer either. Not sure why there so much tin foil on coincidence.

Bush/Cheney did the coup d'état but no one figured it out.

“This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety ... While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.”

Ronald Reagan, in a May 3, 1994 letter to the U.S. House of Representatives, which was also signed by Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford.

“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

Ronald Reagan, in a speech at his 78th birthday celebration in Los Angeles on February 6, 1989.

“Certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited.”

Ronald Reagan, in an August 28, 1986 signing statement on a bill that banned the production and importation of armor-piercing bullets.

“With the right to bear arms comes a great responsibility to use caution and common sense on handgun purchases.”

Ronald Reagan, speech at George Washington University in a on March 29, 1991.

“Every year, an average of 9,200 Americans are murdered by handguns, according to Department of Justice statistics. This does not include suicides or the tens of thousands of robberies, rapes and assaults committed with handguns. This level of violence must be stopped.”

Ronald Reagan, in a March 29, 1991 New York Times op-ed in support of the Brady Bill.

“I think maybe there could be some restrictions that there had to be a certain amount of training taken.”

Ronald Reagan, in a press conference in Toronto on June 21, 1988, suggesting that prospective gun owners should have to receive training before purchasing a firearm.

“Well, I think there has to be some [gun] control.”

Ronald Reagan, during a question-and-answer session with high-school students on November 14, 1988.

Love my gun but, I have to agree with the Gipper.

Not only that, but the SCOTUS found said ban to be constitutional.

People, it isn't about Obama being a tyrant.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I believe he use a high powered assault pistol, an RG-14. (It has to be exceedingly deadly because it has two letters followed by two numbers) With a rate of fire of six rounds in less than two seconds. In fact the actual bullets he used are the most lethal, killing more people in the US than any other bullet. Why does anybody need a weapon so powerful?

1. Regan was senile long before 1994

2. Before then if Regan had faced Obama in a presidential election he'd have lost as the more liberal of the two.

Where Obama granted amnesty to 800,000 illegal immigrants who came here before age 16 but were still under age 30 Reagan let all 3,000,000 who'd made it to American soil continue their stay.

Obama only got long term capital gains taxed at 60% of the ordinary income rate for rich people while Reagan managed equal tax rates for all forms of income.

Obama merely preserved the Bush 43 cuts while Regan expanded the earned income credit.

Etc.