Gravitymaster

Police Raid Gun Store

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/20/connecticut-shop-where-nancy-lanza-bought-1-of-her-guns-raided-by-feds/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Federal agents raided an eastern Connecticut gun shop on Thursday, the same gun shop that sold one of the weapons used by the Newtown elementary school shooter.

Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, assisted by police, moved in on Riverview Sales at 4 Prospect Hill Road in East Windsor at around 5:15 p.m., reported Len Besthoff of CBS 2 sister station WFSB in Hartford.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Federal agents raided an eastern Connecticut gun shop on Thursday, the same gun shop that sold one of the weapons used by the Newtown elementary school shooter.

Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, assisted by police, moved in on Riverview Sales at 4 Prospect Hill Road in East Windsor at around 5:15 p.m., reported Len Besthoff of CBS 2 sister station WFSB in Hartford.

Adam Lanza shot and killed 20 children and six adults with a Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle in Newtown last Friday, the second-worst mass shooting in United States history. At least one of the guns the 20-year-old had on him during the attack was purchased at Riverview Sales by his mother, Nancy Lanza, who was shot to death by her son prior to his rampage at the school.

All indications are Thursday’s raid was not directly related to the Newtown massacre investigation, but, as Besthoff reported, it was related to several other crimes committed at the store, including the recent theft of an AR-15 and the attempted theft of a .50-caliber long gun, both by a man with mental illness, Besthoff reported.

Police and ATF agents converged on the store and the plaza was later cordoned off by local cops, while the feds reportedly went through the store’s inventory.

Yes, I'm sure there is no relation. :S

The motorcade of Attorney General Eric Holder left the Sandy Hook Fire Department on Thursday after he held a private meeting with first responders. But it was another visitor that truly moved Assistant Fire Chief Mike Burton.

“The mother and father of one of the girls that survived came up to thank us and that was really touching. It made us feel really good. In the midst of all the bad news we got some good news,” Burton told CBS 2′s Dick Brennan.

Burton’s 17-year-old son, Mike Jr., is also a Sandy Hook firefighter, and said he appreciates what the nation is doing for Newtown.

“The support of everyone shows us were not going to let this get the best of us,” Mike Burton Jr. said.

“The president is absolutely committed to keeping his promise. We will act in a way that even as he says, ‘even if we save one life,’ we have taken action,” the vice president said.

I edited out some of the parts of the story that kept referring back to the shooting as justification for this raid.

Please explain why you find this perfectly acceptable.

It's not. Why would you raid a store where people are trying to steal from? I'm sure they dug through their books until they found something. It's the moral equivalent to prosecuting a rape victim.

But, it's the government the people voted for. If you make a movie that the president doesn't agree with, they will hold you until they can find something to charge you with ( and they have 100's of thousands of pages of rules and regulations to choose from) forget free speech....

Welcome to the new America
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Because it makes people like you angry, and I find that amusing. ;)

Yes, I'm sure people like you find trampling all over someones Constitutional rights really funny.

Of course until it happens to people like you. Then you whine like a baby with a full diaper load.

Huh? I don't even know what you're trying to say there. Whatever it is, you've missed the point completely.

I'm just saying that when you describe other people standing up for constitutional rights they think are important as "whining babies" in a thread you started to stand up for a constitutional right that you think is important... I think you know how that makes you look.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You should have had a third choice;

3. Lets wait until all the facts come out until we start to crucify those Jack-booted thugs.

+1
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Huh? I don't even know what you're trying to say there. Whatever it is, you've missed the point completely.

I'm just saying that when you describe other people standing up for constitutional rights they think are important as "whining babies" in a thread you started to stand up for a constitutional right that you think is important... I think you know how that makes you look.

You seem to be very confused.

Nope, I've got the message loud and clear.

You standing up for your rights - good thing.
Andy standing up for his rights - whining baby.

Jakee, I'm on your side here, and I appreciate the boost, but let it go. I'm just fucking with him because it's fun.

Nope, I've got the message loud and clear.

You standing up for your rights - good thing.
Andy standing up for his rights - whining baby.

Jakee, I'm on your side here, and I appreciate the boost, but let it go. I'm just fucking with him because it's fun.

And I'm just fuckin with you and Jakee. Mainly because Jakee takes everything so literal and serious.

The problem with that these days is the govmt and media have perfected the stall till the next big distraction, and make excuses tactic. Take Benghazi we are how long since then trying to get the "truth". And suddenly Hilary can't testify because she bumped her head?! I'm not saying believe everyone we hear, but you can't lay down and wait for the whole truth these days, if local media sources are reporting it, that's enough to raise my brow and pull up a chair and not let it slide away unnoticed.

Odds are the cops were looking to make some quick cash. The prices of 30 round Magpul's were $13.99 2 weeks ago, I just bought 2 new ones at the shop for $39.99 and that was out of the last case they had. They had a limit of 2 per customer and had sold an estimated 30 cases worth in the last 2 weeks. It was a 2 hour wait to get to the gun counter at my local shop with 5 sales people working the gun counter.

I just saw some Magpul's going for $70+ on ebay and most online retailers do not even have them in stock or able to be back ordered anymore.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The story eludes to the raid being caused by people stealing - which is bullshit. Let me see. A crime is committed, and in the investigation of that crime, OTHER possible crimes and evidence are uncovered, and a raid takes place.

Sounds like any 'Cops' episode or 'investigation TV show' I have ever seen when a drug raid occurred or similar crime.

Why are we finding a problem with this? The investigation is still ongoing and none of you are privy to all the info.