CSpenceFLY

Westboro Baptist Church Responds To Congress

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/03/westboro-baptist-church-congress_n_1737106.html

So, will all of the people that were at Chick-fila on Wed. supporting freedom of speech be standing up against this new law?

The Honoring America’s Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act of 2012 includes a measure that bans the picketing of military funerals two hours before or after a service

As offensive as I find them, I would not want to see their right to free speech curbed. It's the price we pay to live in a free society.

This is not a free society. Westboro can go to hell...WE made this happen. Any freedoms you have is by God's grace.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

As offensive as I find them, I would not want to see their right to free speech curbed. It's the price we pay to live in a free society.

Westboro Baptist is a perfect example of scenarios that the framers could never have imagined 225 years ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/03/westboro-baptist-church-congress_n_1737106.html

So, will all of the people that were at Chick-fila on Wed. supporting freedom of speech be standing up against this new law?

The Honoring America’s Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act of 2012 includes a measure that bans the picketing of military funerals two hours before or after a service

I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders and yesterday we stood in respect for another KIA soldier.

Right now I am waiting to see if BHO vetoes it because it counters the USSC ruling.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Westboro Baptist is a perfect example of scenarios that the framers could never have imagined 225 years ago.

I belong to several veteran's organizations. The Patriot Guard Riders, although not restricted to veterans is largely so, is the best for fellowship of them all. The great irony is that the PGR would not exist were it not for the WBC.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I thought our freedoms were granted in the Constitution?

Incorrect. The Constitution just enumerates those freedoms and orders the federal government to protect them. But those freedoms themselves are inherent rights in natural law, which everyone deserves as human beings. Do your homework and look that one up.

Well, 'natural laws' were created by man, and if they were truly 'natural' and denoted freedoms then swine and fowl would share in those same laws- but they (amongst most other species) do not

And natural laws have nothing to do with god, especially if you do not believe in gods....

I thought our freedoms were granted in the Constitution? I do not remember reading about 'god' there....

Oh, he's mentioned in there.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

I searched for "God" and "Christian" - didn't find any hits in the text. Not saying you're wrong, just saying I can't find the reference to which you are referring.

Edit: After some research it appears that god is not mentioned in any way in the Constitution.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

+1

The words do not say 'god' anywhere. Your interpretation might....but interpretations of the Constitution are generally the exclusivity of the realm of the Supreme Court, which refers to, and only to, the Constitution for its rulings.....

The ONLY mention can be found in the Signatory section, where the date is written thusly: "Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven".
Which was the customary way of writing out dates. Not religious in any form or fashion.
Try again?

I thought our freedoms were granted in the Constitution? I do not remember reading about 'god' there....

Oh, he's mentioned in there.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

I searched for "God" and "Christian" - didn't find any hits in the text. Not saying you're wrong, just saying I can't find the reference to which you are referring.

Edit: After some research it appears that god is not mentioned in any way in the Constitution.

Ian

Now what about the Declaration of Independence? Aren't these two documents to be examined jointly? Or, did I miss something in the old school?

No, the declaration of independence is independent of the Constitution, they are not 'chapters' of the same document. And if you want to lump all the documents together, then you would also have to include the Treaty of Tripoli and dozens of Supreme Court rulings.

Been down this road so many fucking times, it actually no longer interests me, i bores me. The guys who wrote the Constitution were some pretty frickin' smart guys. And they had plenty of forethought and debate.

And they had EVERY opportunity to write Christianity and/or God into the Constitution...

but they did not.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html

The only reference to god in this document is "Natures God".

I wouldn't call that a Christian reference (although I could see how someone of Christian faith would take it that way).

Ian

I always looked at this part:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--"

When I was in school, the term Creator had one meaning. For me it still does.