Rstanley0312

Man arrested for Bible study... in the U.S.

It's ok...I'm sure he'll use this opportunity to bring hope to the inmates and help start them on the greatest journey they'll ever experience.:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

It's ok...I'm sure he'll use this opportunity to bring hope to the inmates and help start them on the greatest journey they'll ever experience.:)

He's been there before for being involved with a drive by shooting.

Looking at his place from the air, it does have adequate parking inside his fence/gate. The neighbor adjacent to the south does have his house on the market (because of, or not), and I'm sure that it isn't something you want when trying to sell in this market, or for your own peace. Both paid about 2.5x what the houses are worth right now.

http://goo.gl/maps/RiZl

Seems a little heavy handed or over reaching. However, it HAS been going on since about 2007.

>Here in central Florida they shut down a house for causing a major disturbance in their
> neighborhood. Every weekend. Thursday through Sunday from what I remember.
>Swinger's parties.

Were they Christian? Because if not, no problem - that's just the community upholding Christian family values.

But if they WERE Christian - why, that would be nothing more than a WAR ON CHRISTIANITY, perpetrated by intolerant atheist liberal zealots trying to cram their morals down your throat! Someone call Bill O'Reilly!

He's been there before for being involved with a drive by shooting.

Looking at his place from the air, it does have adequate parking inside his fence/gate. The neighbor adjacent to the south does have his house on the market (because of, or not), and I'm sure that it isn't something you want when trying to sell in this market, or for your own peace. Both paid about 2.5x what the houses are worth right now.

http://goo.gl/maps/RiZl

Seems a little heavy handed or over reaching. However, it HAS been going on since about 2007.

That post reminds me of busy body old lady gossips in a home owner's association...I'd hate to have you as a neighbor...:P

That post reminds me of busy body old lady gossips in a home owner's association...I'd hate to have you as a neighbor...:P

"And did you see the hat she was wearing? And running shoes, I kid you not!" :ph34r:

Yeah, it IS pretty bad that anyone with an internet footprint has a lot of info out there...anyone can find out that BillVon is a duck.

Yeah, it IS pretty bad that anyone with an internet footprint has a lot of info out there...anyone can find out that BillVon is a duck.

This was proved several years ago and confirmed by NASA scientists, although there is an ardent group of deniers known as the "Flat Billvon Society."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Bottom line he pissed off some liberal atheist with political pull somewhere sometime.

Which would be a logical assumption for something that happened in a country where the best way to commit political uicide is coming out of the closet as an atheist.

Especially if you take into account that Christians are so sensitive to persecution that they often even imagine it.

Especially if you take into account that Christians are so sensitive to persecution that they often even imagine it.

true - they often imagine that statements engraved 100-200 years ago on public structures is a GRAVE threat to their belief system and they must be removed. Simple statements like "don't kill each other" etc - usually pretty worn anyway. Or statements printed on currency that no one reads.

Why, they go up in arms and out of control about it.!!!!! every single one of them, no exceptions, are absolutely obsessed about it. every one

won't someone please think of the children!

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Christians are so sensitive to persecution that they often even imagine it.

Much like blacks and racism...history has a tendency to repeat itself...and given the hate shown by some people here against christians, I have no reason to believe that it won't.

Awwww poor little puppy :(

If you look at the persecuted/persecute ratio, Christianity is a very safe demographic to belong to. I history repeats itself, it will probably Christians who start burning people for reading Harry Potter or something, not Christians being fed to lions.

If you can't handle that people hate your religion, you should consider switching to a religion that doesn't promote hate as much as your religion does. Other then that dislike (and even hatred) of a religion is not persecution, of course, but since you're a Christian......

If you can't handle that people hate your religion

Not only can I handle it, I expect it...

Other then that dislike (and even hatred) of a religion is not persecution

Of course not, but it is the mindset that leads to persecution...but no worries here. If christianity has survived all the brutal killings and imprisonment, how much can your meaningless words achieve? There is gonna be a time when you're actually gonna have to do something about it...

Yeah, your atheists are easy to rile up too, however in other parts of the world atheists are much more relaxed about trivial religious symbolism. Christians OTOH seem to feel persecuted everywhere, even where they are dominant, like in the US.

I know that, I know loads of Christians that even seem to get off of it.

If christianity has survived all the brutal killings and imprisonment, how much can your meaningless words achieve? There is gonna be a time when you're actually gonna have to do something about it...

Actually, while persecution didn't do the job (mostly because there simply wasn't that much persecution) education and information (dare I say "words") are currently destroying Christianity in most of the Western World. If you watch trends in the US it seems it's starting in the US too. Just cross your fingers that the War on Education is won......

I know that, I know loads of Christians that even seem to get off of it.

If christianity has survived all the brutal killings and imprisonment, how much can your meaningless words achieve? There is gonna be a time when you're actually gonna have to do something about it...

Actually, while persecution didn't do the job (mostly because there simply wasn't that much persecution) education and information (dare I say "words") are currently destroying Christianity in most of the Western World. If you watch trends in the US it seems it's starting in the US too. Just cross your fingers that the War on Education is won......

Christianity started with 13 men...most of which were killed for their beliefs. Our strength isn't in numbers, it is in Christ.

Christianity started with 13 men...most of which were killed for their beliefs. Our strength isn't in numbers, it is in Christ.

The myths state it started with 13 men, in reality it started with several cults around the teachings of what may be one man. And Christians definitely have a strenght in numbers approach, that's why it became the biggest and baddest religion on Earth.

And Christians definitely have a strenght in numbers approach, that's why it became the biggest and baddest religion on Earth.

Right...their strength was in themselves and their sword...not Christ, which is why it's now mostly a religion of basely converted cowards who only give lip service, if that...

:D:D:D

this thread has diverged from the OP -

IMO? The guy likely crossed the line of good taste and "overdid" it, hoping to hide under the radar of a technicality to do something that's rude to the neighbors.

That's nonsense, and it doesn't matter if it's religion or flag burning, or any other issue. Stand in your back yard with a megaphone or bring in scores of people and start 'preaching' about (god, the environment, etc etc etc) and expect the cops to be called if you're breaking zoning laws. If you do it courteously? then most people don't care.

I don't think this is a 'bible study' issue, rather it's a rude neighbor issue.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

:D:D:D

this thread has diverged from the OP -

IMO? The guy likely crossed the line of good taste and "overdid" it, hoping to hide under the radar of a technicality to do something that's rude to the neighbors.

That's nonsense, and it doesn't matter if it's religion or flag burning, or any other issue. Stand in your back yard with a megaphone or bring in scores of people and start 'preaching' about (god, the environment, etc etc etc) and expect the cops to be called if you're breaking zoning laws. If you do it courteously? then most people don't care.

I don't think this is a 'bible study' issue, rather it's a rude neighbor issue.

I read up on this more and it does seem this guy was an A hole who ignored warnings. I did that at first but could not really find much but with a little more effort I was able to do so. As the OP I will say my bad. This does seem to be a case of a guy ignoring warnings and not really being cool with the neighbors.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Yes. We've got plans for the children too! (See attached B|)

The next step would more likely be a ban on the schools celebration of Halloween given it's history of various religious implications...be careful what YOU wish for.:P

Yes. We've got plans for the children too! (See attached B|)

The next step would more likely be a ban on the schools celebration of Halloween given it's history of various religious implications...be careful what YOU wish for.:P

Banning school sanctioned Halloween celebrations from public schools wouldn't bother me one bit as long as they don't ban books about Halloween from the school libraries.;)

The cops were totally out of line using an assault squad to invade his home and arrest him. Chaek out the videos on it. However I do believe the the city was within it's rights to charge him. He was running Bible study that was drawing a large number of people on a regular basis,in a residential area. This was causing parking and and other issues for the rest of the residents of the neighborhood. That is why there are zoning laws, to insure that there are proper facilities to accomodate that type of influx of people to an area. Not to say that some of those laws aren't getting to be ridiculous at times...

The city should have ticketed and / or towed the cars. After a few weeks, they would have made more money thatn the fine. If the people got to the house by a bus that then left and returned to pick them up later there would have been on problem. For the city to use "zonning alws" as the reason is stupid and brings the ridecule on the city. They should all be voted out.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?