JohnRich

Olympic swimmers in hot water after gun photo

it's winter there.
it's a long damn flight from SYD to LDN.
minor reasons.

OK, so no indoor pools in Australia?

more about avoiding the shock of shifting from cold to warm client. 6 weeks is excessive and the winter in a place like SYD is not that different than here, but I know that I can be affected just by daily variations in San Francisco.

avoiding a 20+ hour flight in the near term before a match is also obvious.

but pre olympic meets is the obvious explanation. AUS isn't big enough to have a deeply competitive trials like the US can. They're better off selecting their team a bit earlier and having them compete against other swimmers instead as their tune up.

Australians in the US. Unimpressed Posing with weapons for the camera .....in the US.

Do you think they were bringing along these *tools*?

Yes, people who are forbidden to posses something in their own country are acting in a way that you disapprove of in a place where they can hold something they know nothing about.

1. They are acting silly, but you don't know if they are being dangerous since you have no idea what precautions have been taken... Of course, that didn't stop you from making a comment.

2. They are AUSTRALIANS. So claiming they are "an average gun owner" is pure crap.... They are not allowed to own a gun in Australia and unless they are residents they can't own one in the US either.

So, the facts do not fit with your comments.

whoops better go bury mine

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee414/damhigi/rifles.jpg

since 96 Port Arthur masacre we have restrictions on semi automatic rifles but most other categories are licensable they are still trying though.

Your entire post is simply bullshit

I feel the same way about almost all of yours.

They are Australians, enjoying their free time in the US and posing with weapons available in the US.

Yet you tried to claim these were 'typical gun owners'???? I have already shown how your position is total bull shit. Being from Australia they can't own those weapons at home, and it is not legal for them to own them in the US either. So your position is total crap.

Aliens in the US, holding weapons in their hands - how nice is that??

Perfectly fine... they are in a gun store. Every gun store I have ever been to in the US the weapons are not loaded.... And I'll bet that I have been in more gun stores than you and defiantly more gun stores in the US than you.

Face it, your are full of crap and I called you on it.

Somebody please inform Australia of all the shooting sports in the Olympics, please.

But I'm sure it would be inappropriate for the shooting team to post pictures of themselves swimming. :P

shows too much skin.

Oh wait... Apparently even Olympic swimmers are not supposed to post pictures of themselves in swimsuits:

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/swimming/story/olympic-champion-stephanie-rice-birthday-suit-twitter-photo-raises-eyebrows-062712

Warning: She might be more fun to look at than the goofy gun-posing dudes. :P

Somebody please inform Australia of all the shooting sports in the Olympics, please.

But I'm sure it would be inappropriate for the shooting team to post pictures of themselves swimming. :P

shows too much skin.

Oh wait... Apparently even Olympic swimmers are not supposed to post pictures of themselves in swimsuits:

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/swimming/story/olympic-champion-stephanie-rice-birthday-suit-twitter-photo-raises-eyebrows-062712

Warning: She might be more fun to look at than the goofy gun-posing dudes. :P

That was brought into question because sports commentators will get her confused with being a beach volleyballer:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?