ryoder

Indiana - Citizens may use deadly force against illegal entry by LEO's

You know the N.W.O is going to read that post. The only way to answer it is to amass lots of ammonium nitrate, gasoline and wait.... When the knock comes blow everything to hell cause TWJWD.

Fuckin' A. Gelignite Baby.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I have seen clips before of forced entry by LEO that concerned me. Sometimes, they don't announce well, or aren't marked plainly. Frankly, I'm concerned what would happen if they got the wrong address (it happens) and entered my house in the middle of the night (why the heck do they do that?). I know there is no legitimate reason for LEO to target me. I am concerned that robbers would pretend to be LEO to keep a law abiding homeowner off guard. Let's face it, the outfits LEO wear today in forced entry are available on ebay and do not clearly declare their affiliation (except sometimes when you are BEHIND them).

What if my half-asleep self perceived an illegal threat and I opened fire?

I've done a little research on the Waco fiasco. Everyone said if you wanted David Koresh, the Sheriff could have called him and asked him to come down. I see situations where LEO chooses to go in tactical for testosterone induced fun rather than necessity. It's concerning.

Finally got the article to come up. Kind of skimpy, but makes the point. I think if it is restricted only to LEO that are doing something unlawful, there shouldn't be any reasonable argument against this law. It places the responsibility on the initiating party for making sure things are done right.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

kneeshots are better, non lethal and hurts like hell, at least in court you have a shot at caliming you weren't trying to kill anyone...provided you survive the raid

And when you say that, you just admitted the situation did not call for deadly force, so you just flushed your self-defense argument.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Tough choice.... But imagine this:

You are asleep at home and suddenly you hear a bang at the door and people start beating down your front door. It is 4AM and you are not totally awake and people are invading your house... You grab your gun since you have no idea what is going on and you shoot at the first guy that runs into your bedroom, breaking your door down.

You miss, and thats good because it is the police trying to execute a warrant. Problem is that the police are looking for a 250 pound white supremacist biker that lives on Elk lane and you are a 170 pound 60 year old man that lives on Elm lane.

The police now charge you with shooting at the police even though they were at the wrong address. You really should not be facing charges in that case.

Of course... Shooting at a swat team will most likely end with you being dead.

It has already happened in Florida. An old case from 1989 but almost the exact same scenario and resulted in an acquittal of the defendant.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1989-08-17/news/8908171828_1_erlenbach-verdict-stephen-house

Have you kept following this?

If you have do you wish to revisti it at this time?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. TJ. LEOs are NO different than the C I A, F B I etc etc and any other federal, state or municipal alphabet group.... Do i have respect for law enforcement and those trying to legitimatly enforcing our laws of our nation? you bet i do. But all others shall meet their fate like a criminal would...

I had the same comment when this came up before: If someone busts into my house illegally and places me in fear of death or severe bodily injury, I can shoot them. It should not require a special law that allows me to defend myself if they happen to be LEO doing something illegal and placing me in fear of death or severe bodily injury. The burden is on the person who plans to break down my door to make sure it is the right door; make sure they have probably cause; make sure the warrant is clean; announce who they are and what their legal authority is to bust down my door; etc. It should never be my responsibility to ask for credentials from the person who is invading my home and pointing a firearm at me.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

while any society must have rules, we have so many, that they have created confusion and obstruction. Hince too many gun laws. 20k plus and counting.... Back in americas early years, a gun was learned and part of a family like the farm animals were. Today because we have allowed over time to be "dumbed down" we now have to apply to own one. Pay to learn how to use them... etc Well the sheeple have to anyway. Cities or concentration of people was the downfall of our USC. i think of the movie UNFORGIVEN