brenthutch

More new on Green Jobs!

"The wind industry, for example, has shed 10,000 jobs since 2009 ..., according to the American Wind Energy Association. Meanwhile, the oil and gas industry has added 75,000 jobs since Obama took office, according to Labor Department statistics"

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/04/18/team-obama-stop-chasing-green-jobs-unicorn/

If the leftys weren’t so self-righteous I would feel bad for them. I am sensing a pattern where they seem to be wrong only on days that end in Y.

"The wind industry, for example, has shed 10,000 jobs since 2009 ..., according to the American Wind Energy Association. Meanwhile, the oil and gas industry has added 75,000 jobs since Obama took office, according to Labor Department statistics"

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/04/18/team-obama-stop-chasing-green-jobs-unicorn/

If the leftys weren’t so self-righteous I would feel bad for them. I am sensing a pattern where they seem to be wrong only on days that end in Y.

actually they are only wrong on days that end in day

Maybe, just maybe if you quoted verifiable information from the source people would not have to ignore you so loudly. Much like rushmc posting opinion pieces from a lobbyist, this site is an opinion blog. One can spend 30 sec on the AWEA site and see this quote was taken out of context. This may come as a shock but..just because its on the Internet doesn't mean its true.

Maybe, just maybe if you quoted verifiable information from the source people would not have to ignore you so loudly. Much like rushmc posting opinion pieces from a lobbyist, this site is an opinion blog. One can spend 30 sec on the AWEA site and see this quote was taken out of context. This may come as a shock but..just because its on the Internet doesn't mean its true.

What part of

"according to the American Wind Energy Association" and "according to Labor Department statistics" dont you understand? Ever hear of Goggle?

What part of

"according to the American Wind Energy Association" and "according to Labor Department statistics" dont you understand? Ever hear of Goggle?

when you don't have a good defense, you attack the credibility of the source, it is the liberal way.

A good cite would include a link showing the specific statistics or information. Remember nerdgirl? That's how she did it.

That way other people can look at the information, make their judgment, and have their own opinions based on source information.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

A good cite would include a link showing the specific statistics or information. Remember nerdgirl? That's how she did it.

That way other people can look at the information, make their judgment, and have their own opinions based on source information.

Wendy P.

The linked article has a further link to a Reuters article, which provides the quoted passage in the OP.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What part of "One can spend 30 sec on the AWEA site and see this quote was taken out of context." do you not understand. Secondly go to BLS web site (http://www.bls.gov/green/wind_energy/) and you know what you get? A glorious fucking endorsement of wind energy. And hear in lies the problem . Since no links were offered you were led to believe the information in that blog had merit. And not surprisingly, since it fits your world view, you didn't take your own advice and google the information you just regurgitated. Instead you make a snippy post as if that will make the lies you posted true.

When a source has no creditability a good defense is to attack it. Attacking the repeating lies until they are true tactic is also a good defense.

Which source would that be? The think tank or the Reuters article where his quote came from?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Was this part necessary? :S

New to SC?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

New to SC?

Been lurking here and there.

Well welcome then

As for whats necessary?

Dont ask

You most likly dont want to know if you are going to stick around a while

Anyway

Have fun:)
Abraham Lincoln

Neither of them provides links to the statistics. That was my point.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

New to SC?

Well welcome then

As for whats necessary?

Dont ask

Anyway

I suppose adding that additional comment at the end of your post made things more entertaining, but I think the "leftys" have a point this time...

If I cited a blog on one of my research papers in college I'm pretty sure I would've gotten a big fat F.

Maybe they are wrong everyday except Tuesday?

New to SC?

Well welcome then

As for whats necessary?

Dont ask

Anyway

I suppose adding that additional comment at the end of your post made things more entertaining, but I think the "leftys" have a point this time...

If I cited a blog on one of my research papers in college I'm pretty sure I would've gotten a big fat F.

Maybe they are wrong everyday except Tuesday?

This isnt college
Abraham Lincoln

This isnt college

I couldn't agree more.

If the discourse on speaker’s corner offends you, I would recommend you stay in college and get a PHD so you won’t have to deal with the real world. If not put your big boy pants on and sack up.

Both. And WTF! You, a conservative values fanboy accept a Reuters article as fact. Shame on you. Like I typed, the reuters "factoid" was taken out of contex t. I would supply a citation but it is established a 'fact' is only a link to a blog around these "education makes you stupid " parts. So here you go.....http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Both. And WTF! You, a conservative values fanboy accept a Reuters article as fact. Shame on you.

That would be the Reuters article that had the quote from the same AWEA that you claimed was the relevant authority in your little rant, right?

Like I typed, the reuters "factoid" was taken out of context.

So provide the information to provide the context. Maybe something from Reuters retracting the statement in their article?

I would supply a citation but it is established a 'fact' is only a link to a blog around these "education makes you stupid " parts.

Reuters is a blog, now? Interesting.

And, a reference to a blog site, to prove your point - guess that make you part of the 'education makes you stupid' crowd.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This isnt college

I couldn't agree more.

If the discourse on speaker’s corner offends you, I would recommend you stay in college and get a PHD so you won’t have to deal with the real world. If not put your big boy pants on and sack up.

I can assure you I was not offended. I'm not sure what to make of the advice you gave me as I don't understand how a PHD keeps me from dealing with the real world...

That being said, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the initial point you were trying to make, and I happen to be quite conservative on some issues... its just that citing a blog, followed by an offensive comment, is not going to help you prove your point.

That's like me walking in a church, and telling everyone in there "there is no god, this blog presented here proves it! you right-wingers are always wrong!".

Catch my drift?

First, I don't "reply to". Conversation shouldn't be that hard. Secondly, I clearly typed that Reuters misquoted a website. One which I made no comment about other than to say it was misquoted. Apparently it's not my responsibility to provide the information as that is what google is for. If I was to quote a website, I would cite the quote because thats kinda what distinguishes fucktards typing from people quoting regardless if its brenthutch or reutres. Finally, maybe the quotes put you off. I typed " I would supply a citation but it is established a fact is only a link to a blog around these "education makes you stupid " parts. So here you go.....http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php ." Replying with "And, a reference to a blog site, to prove your point - guess that make you part of the 'education makes you stupid' crowd." proves you cannot or do not understand the written word. The entire point of that sentence was facts are not useful to some but blogs are. I now know you lack the ability to think critically and kallend really is a dick because he knows your limitations and doesn't humor you.