wayneflorida

You are the Juror. George Zimmerman trial

. . . and the slim jim?

I'm curious about how Zimmerman knew about the presence of the slim jim. Perhaps the defense will present evidence that Zimmerman has x-ray vision? Otherwise, unless Zimmerman actually saw Martin using the slim jim to B&E, it is irrelevant to Zimmerman's state of mind at the time that he shot Martin.

This is, however, more evidence of combing through the dead person's history to find reasons why they "needed killin'". I wonder how many of us have never done anything at any point in their lives that some lawyer could take and twist to prove that we are "violent criminals". Ever been drunk? Ever smoked a joint? Ever been in a fight (even in middle/high school)? Ever talked smack to anybody? God help you if someone decides to go all Dirty Harry on you.

Don

Yet in defending one's own life, the legal system does just the same to them.

In reference to your last comment, that is to be feared should any of us end up in a legal case, no matter which table you get to sit at.
Our justice system ain't pretty sometimes.

billvon

>We don't know.

Right, I agree, but then you go on to say:

"The prosecution. . . is going on supposition and guesses."

It's like someone saying "we don't know what really happened, but after Zimmerman killed an innocent teenager in cold blood while he was running away, you can't really expect an innocent verdict."

No doubt you've kept up on the story, but you weren't there and you're not in the courtroom. Thus you might think that the prosecution is all supposition and guesses - but a juror, hearing more from the prosecution than you did, may decide differently. That doesn't make you wrong, it just makes them more informed than you.

Do you realize there is live streaming unbiased coverage of this trial on the internet. It is literally gavel to gavel with zero commercials and only has commentators during recesses. So yeah, you can basically be in the courtroom and there's nothing the jury has heard that I haven't. Saying that, I would be so amazingly baffled if the jury even has a difficult time coming up with a not guilty verdict. This case has been so one-sided dispite an obviously biased judge.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

I have also watched every....single ...second of this trial, and agree. Zimmerman is innocent, both medical examiners were unwilling to state just facts, without adding a story to cover their asses, and the judge is so biased it isn't funny. Zimmermans account as well as all the witnesses are all the same. The evidence such as clothing and gunshot distance also line up with his story. It's beyond a reasonable doubt, and the state never presented anything to suggest that.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

billvon

>The state seems to be saying X happened, without any evidence, and saying its up to
>GZ to prove otherwise.

Right - that's your opinion.

The jury may feel "the state is saying X happened and has a reasonable amount of evidence to back it up. GZ's lawyer now has to refute it." That may be their opinion.

I doubt it, for reasons already stated, and I'm not alone.
Analysis: George Zimmerman Probably Won't Be Convicted of Murder or Manslaughter -- Here's Why
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*