dannydan

Ponder, perhaps CHEW on this!

"Interesting! The food stamp program, part of the dept. of Ag. is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of foodstamps ever. Meanwhile, the Park service, also part of the Dept. of Ag. asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may become dependent and not learn to take case of themselves! Wonder what would happen if the food stamp program stopped.... W.S. "

Wonder what would happen if the food stamp program stopped....

Probably a rise in shoplifting.

Initially, sure.

But then some prices would fall due to lack of sales.

Some individuals would find work and earn some money to buy items as well.

It would be a painful period of time, but maybe a short period of time.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Food stamps are available to employed people who make little enough. Also, if you're working fewer than 20 hours per week (including if you're a full-time student), you have to both look for work (or better work), and perform volunteer work for an agency that records it, to complete at least 20 hours a week of work.

There are more recipients of food stamps who are working than who are receiving "classic" welfare (i.e. TANF, Temporary Aid to Needy Families). Many are retired on very small incomes, and of course now a decent number of people are on unemployment.

They're not all lowlife losers.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Who is this "W.S." you keep getting material from?

You never ask billvon this question?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Does billion quote material and cryptically attribute it? I was unaware he did that! Could you please show me a few examples?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The food stamp program is a federal program but it is administered by state and local agencies, it is not part of the Department of Agriculture and it never has been.

Also, the National Park Service is under the Department of the Interior, not the Department of Agriculture.

In other words your post is bullshit.

:S

Onward and Upward!

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/applicant_recipients/facts.htm here's one , gone hunting for the other....

ok here i am EDITING this post... Seems to me, that the USDA, the USFS and the Dept of the Interior are "intertwined".... Like most agencies of the alphabet groups are. Tongue in cheek in saying that the most important ones were not speaking the same language on 9/11/2001 tho... ;( I'll git yall some links here in a short

No worries, you just repeated something you read without checking to see if it was true.

Happens all the time in Speakers Corner.

:ph34r:

just DIDN'T check close enough! Like i said, I checked, and NOW i'm tellin ya that i'm DOUBLE checking. And i do WORRY about being wrong in here! But it'll never be the end of the world type worryin! ;)

Does billion quote material and cryptically attribute it? I was unaware he did that! Could you please show me a few examples?

Billion?

Well, his post count IS getting up there.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

"Interesting! The food stamp program, part of the dept. of Ag. is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of foodstamps ever. Meanwhile, the Park service, also part of the Dept. of Ag. asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may become dependent and not learn to take case of themselves! Wonder what would happen if the food stamp program stopped.... W.S. "

~if the food stamp program were ended, the hungry people would just go to the National Parks...and eat those bitchy park rangers! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

No worries, you just repeated something you read without checking to see if it was true.

Happens all the time in Speakers Corner.

:ph34r:

just DIDN'T check close enough! Like i said, I checked, and NOW i'm tellin ya that i'm DOUBLE checking. And i do WORRY about being wrong in here! But it'll never be the end of the world type worryin! ;)

I don't fault you as much as "W.S." Who the fuck is that?
quade -

Of course you are aware of it.

the only difference is you agree with him and his posts
In those cases sources are unimportant

If you disagree with other posters you get all indignant like you did here

Need examples? Just search my search my sources please questions to him

those question that he does not reply to........
Abraham Lincoln

Sorry, not buying' it.

Show me where he's quoted and only left cryptic initials. That's the issue here and my only question about the original post. Everything else you've assumed is irrelevant.
quade -

Sorry, not buying' it.

Show me where he's quoted and only left cryptic initials. That's the issue here and my only question about the original post. Everything else you've assumed is irrelevant.

Of course you are not buying it
Gives you an out

But the rules vary here I know

I have seen time outs given for the "get a life" comment

But life is not fair
I get that

But my asking billvon for sources is not in question

:)
Abraham Lincoln