JohnRich

US troops now in 4 African countries

+1 to my original point! @Coreece, unlike the hollywood movie that Liv Tyler was in, "Armageddon" nothing we do will change the inevitable as it is written... Humanity will only be prolonged or wiped in "ah twinkling of an eye!" ....patron to the bartender, "HEY, will you please not serve dannydan any more tonight!?!" ;)

@Coreece, unlike the hollywood movie that Liv Tyler was in, "Armageddon" nothing we do will change the inevitable as it is written..

Just because something negative is written doesn't mean we just stand by and watch, or even worse...expedite it's fruition.

The christian lra and other groups like the muslim janjaweed need to be smoked out and vaporized...I'm thankful those who disagree are not the ones calling the shots.

It would probably be in our best interest if future operations remained classified...apparently people are still too preoccupied with the trivialities of life, unfortunately.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

it IS a good thing for catankerous old men not be the ones calling the shots! ;P However let me be very clear about myself, i'm not even close in thought much less the actions of a Rudolph or McViegh... That's not my job as a law abiding, tax paying, child rearing father... Imma kinda thinkin that IF King Saul would of heeded what was commanded of him, then the world just might not be in the shiT that it is in! ;) Jeehahahad didn't just start the day before sept9th2001 people :( Anyway Coreece, i truely like the way you express and articulate your thoughts, opinions and knowledge. You seem to be very level headed with a great deal of common sense. Where do you jumP?

Don't you care about the massacres of innocents that are occurring there?

Nah, apparently they rather just bitch about christians burning the koran and how they're so oppressed by pro-lifers and homophobes while they remain silent about the real religious nutters on a free-for-all blood bath who leave mothers of the dead to raise the progeny of their rapists.

Nice set of priorities there...

Anyway Coreece, i truely like the way you express and articulate your thoughts, opinions and knowledge. You seem to be very level headed with a great deal of common sense.

Meh...for the most part it's all just pretentious bullshit. I don't really talk like that...hopefully you'll never have to experience one of my drunk posting extravaganzas.:P

Here is some interesting background and updates on this story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Except that even the State Dept says the Movies facts are two years behind as far as the Asshat in Question.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Special Forces troops often work in other places that people never hear about. During the Vietnam war, there were operations going on in many other countries in South East Asia. Often times Special Forces work in an advisory capacity. Other times in direct action. It doesn't surprise me that there are 4 African countries where operations are going on now....

The United States Africa Command, also known as U.S. AFRICOM, is one of nine Unified Combatant Commands of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). As one of six that are regionally focused, it is devoted solely to Africa. U.S. AFRICOM is responsible to the Secretary of Defense for U.S. military relations with 54 African countries. USAFRICOM better enables the Department of Defense to work with other elements of the U.S. government and others to achieve a more stable environment where political and economic growth can take place. U.S. AFRICOM is committed to supporting U.S. government objectives through the delivery and sustainment of effective security cooperation programs that assist African nations build their security capacity to enable them to better provide for their own defense. The command was created by presidential order in 2007 and was officially activated October 1, 2007.

Hmmm - who was President in 2007?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Citing your article: "The U.S. announced in October it was sending about 100 U.S. troops - mostly special operations forces - to Central Africa"

Saying "4 African Countries" seems a tad misleading.

You should have read beyond the first paragraph. Quote:
"Rear Adm. Brian L. Losey, the top U.S. special operations commander for Africa, said the U.S. troops are now stationed in bases in Uganda, Congo, South Sudan and Central African Republic."
"Four countries" is precisely accurate, according to the news story. So what's your objection to that statement?

For those of you voting against U.S. troops in Africa, what about the atrocities being committed by the LRA, that our troops are helping the indigenous forces to hunt down and kill? Don't you care about the massacres of innocents that are occurring there? If 100 U.S. troops can save thousands of innocent lives, and bring peace to the region, isn't that worth it? We're not talking about thousands of our own soldiers involved in direct combat here - we're just helping the friendly forces do the tough work of defeating this madman.

I suggest researching wider than maybe watching Kony 2012 before discussing the LRA and the situation.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca