dreamdancer

The Coming Accidental War with Iran

Are you saying that the IRG is a foreign entity that has usurped Iran?

They sure as shit aren't from the North of Iran.
But you wouldn't know that....because you don't know the culture nor the language.
The green revolution was put down by what best can be described as Arabs and Afghans.
This is clear in the accents and the cloathing choices.

It's a complicated mess and the is no easy solution.
Sadly we are piss bucket broke and well......not like we can do shit even if we wanted to!

Iran is a closed society. The IRG is even more closed off from scrutiny. You are saying that non-Persians, and Afghans have forcibly taken control of Iran?

>And well it would be nice to maybe liberate Iran but who will pay for it?

How many times have we done that? It usually doesn't turn out so well.

Perhaps, considering the recent course of events, the prudent thing to do in Iran would be to move north or east behind a mountain range, and dig in. As Shah says, to most of the west, we know little about the country or customs. Iran is simply coordinates on a targeting map.

>And well it would be nice to maybe liberate Iran but who will pay for it?

How many times have we done that? It usually doesn't turn out so well.

To be fair we never really tried to liberate Iran as a matter a fact we stopped every democratic grass roots government Iran has had because of our interest.

I think there is ahuge difference between changing your puppet to allowing the people of Iran to have there revolution. Which they had back in 43. Stopped thanks to the CIA

Iran's problem is the same as the Hottest Chick in high school, she has what every body wants so they all try to fuck her.

I wish we didn;t have the oil, and the gas the Persians would have been far better off.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Iran is a closed society.

Where do you get that? They don't like Americans (or Canadians) but that hardly qualifies them as a 'closed' society. People come and go as they please as far as I can tell.

From Shah, friends in Washington, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC news, Associated Press, Reuters, UPI, BBC and others.
Do you remember the coverage of the last Iranian elections?

>To be fair we never really tried to liberate Iran . . .

You mean other than that coup we launched against Mosaddegh in 1953.

> . . .as a matter a fact we stopped every democratic grass roots government Iran has
>had because of our interest.

We called it "supporting democracy" back then.

I think the only way Iran will be free is to arm the public. Right now you have a crazy minority with all the guns. They use god to murder so they will kill everyone without blinking an eye.

The green movement is retarded, the only way Iran will ever come in to 1st world status is by having no Islam in our name or government, and no fucking kings.

If i was our president i would just send them (the people of Iran) 100,000 Aks some stingrays, and a bunch of c4 drop it somewhere for them to get. Then once you made delivery get the fuck out.

You mean other than that coup we launched against Mosaddegh in 1953.

Mosaddegh was the last leader Iran had who actually wanted what was best for the country, and yes the CIA took him down, and put the exiled kings son back in charge.

So i would think the coup was against liberation wouldn't you? Well i guess they did liberate a lot of oil.

I wish we didn;t have the oil, and the gas the Persians would have been far better off.

Kind of a 'grass is always greener' thing. I was discussing Mugabe with a Zimbabwean friend about five years ago. He said, "I wish we had oil, then the US would invade us."

Very true, its the way of the world.

Tg. I do think it cant get any worst then Liberia but thats another thread. It Maybe hell on earth.

I think we can help if are goal is to help not give Chanie and his boys billions more.

I do think helping the public by arming them would be a good thing, but your right you never know what would happen anything can back fire.

"If i was our president i would just send them (the people of Iran) 100,000 Aks some stingrays, and a bunch of c4 drop it somewhere for them to get. Then once you made delivery get the fuck out."

You forgot ammo, magazines, blasting caps, det cord, etc. It's amazing how fast a full magazine can be emptied. Not to mention endangering the lives of the pilots who flew in and dropped the worthless junk.
The US should stand off and submarine launch, without risking so much as a finger nail.

the tail wagging the dog...

In an interview with CNN in November, Barak warned the international community that Israel might have to make a decision on war within as little as six months, because Iran's efforts to "disperse and fortify" its nuclear facilities would soon render a strike against facilities ineffective.

Barak said he "couldn't predict" whether that point would be reached in "two quarters or three quarters or a year". The new Israeli "red line" would place the timing of an Israeli decision on whether to strike Iran right in the middle of the U.S. presidential election campaign.

Netanyahu, who makes no secret of his dislike and distrust of Obama, may hope to put Obama under maximum pressure to support Israel militarily in a war with Iran by striking during a campaign in which the Republican candidate would be accusing him of being soft on the Iranian nuclear threat.

If the Republican candidate is in a strong position to win the election, on the other hand, Netanyahu would want to wait for a new administration aligned with his belligerent posture toward Iran.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/01/03-7
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Iran's efforts to "disperse and fortify" its nuclear facilities would soon render a strike against facilities ineffective.

Its already to late unless he's talking about a all out war scenario.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

In an interview with CNN in November, Barak warned the international community that Israel might have to make a decision on war within as little as six months, because Iran's efforts to "disperse and fortify" its nuclear facilities would soon render a strike against facilities ineffective.

Barak said he "couldn't predict" whether that point would be reached in "two quarters or three quarters or a year". The new Israeli "red line" would place the timing of an Israeli decision on whether to strike Iran right in the middle of the U.S. presidential election campaign.

Netanyahu, who makes no secret of his dislike and distrust of Obama, may hope to put Obama under maximum pressure to support Israel militarily in a war with Iran by striking during a campaign in which the Republican candidate would be accusing him of being soft on the Iranian nuclear threat.

If the Republican candidate is in a strong position to win the election, on the other hand, Netanyahu would want to wait for a new administration aligned with his belligerent posture toward Iran.

Well, there you are again, with your wealth of insight into Israeli and US government most inner workings. But from Craig Brown.....???

From Common Dreams site.....
Brown managed the Congressional campaigns of former US Rep. Tom Andrews of Maine. Brown then served as Chief-of-Staff to Congressman Andrews in Washington for Andrews' two-terms in the US House. 1991:o:o:o:o:o

That's the basis of from where you make your conclusions AND gain your inside knowledge of Israeli and US international policies??:D:D:D
Craig Brown... A radical, left winger who hasn't had any connection to the inner working of the US government in over 20 years??:S:S:S:S
Dr. Gareth Porter... ?:S:S:S Don't even go there....:D:D:D:D

Come on, DD... You're better than this.:D:D:D

Well, there you are again, with your wealth of insight into Israeli and US government most inner workings. But from Craig Brown.....???

Brown managed the Congressional campaigns of former US Rep. Tom Andrews of Maine. Brown then served as Chief-of-Staff to Congressman Andrews in Washington for Andrews' two-terms in the US House. 1991:o:o:o:o:o

That's the basis of from where you make your conclusions AND gain your inside knowledge of Israeli and US international policies??:D:D:D
Craig Brown... A radical, left winger who hasn't had any connection to the inner working of the US government in over 20 years??:S:S:S:S

No, he is not.

This is one of his favorite links for all his arguments, any good info comes from those who, either agree or disagree, with him but use better sites.

The only thing he does well is start a topic of discussion.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

No, he is not.

This is one of his favorite links for all his arguments, any good info comes from those who, either agree or disagree, with him but use better sites.

Matt

Is there a point here to agree or disagree with? DD a Troll?
DD occasionally, ( OK....... rarely) responds with.....something.... that is on topic, before he goes off topic. Ignorance we can fix. Stupidity is........ DD is not stupid.:(

No, he is not.

Matt

DD occasionally, ( OK....... rarely) responds with.....something.... that is on topic, before he goes off topic. Ignorance we can fix. Stupidity is........ DD is not stupid.:(

No he is not stupid, but yes he does troll, he does not "argue" well and is usually just poking at people, what he does do is get a topic of discussion rolling.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

No, he is not.

Matt

No he is not stupid, but yes he does troll, he does not "argue" well and is usually just poking at people, what he does do is get a topic of discussion rolling.

Matt

Agreed.... Well stated. But rolling in which direction? Up hill, down hill? Skidding sideways in to the neighbors parked car? It must be that monarchy thing. Ya think?

No, he is not.

Matt

Matt

Agreed.... Well stated. But rolling in which direction? Up hill, down hill? Skidding sideways in to the neighbors parked car? It must be that monarchy thing. Ya think?

He doesn't seem to have a real thought of his own. His responses are primarily a cut & paste of something from some off-the-wall media source. He comes just shy of personal attacks... even our mods aren't safe! I refuse to respond to him.

Chuck