dreamdancer

The Coming Accidental War with Iran

Really, is it possible for americans to talk about ANYTHING without it coming back to a bitch fight between their political parties? It is truly pathetic.

At this point in time America is in a dog-fight of a Presidential campaign. It would be "pathetic" if there was no political talk in posts.

Generally, no. It's even more annoying to those of us who can then it is to you. One more "benefit" of the two party system.

Even with all it's faults I think the 2-party system is way better than the 1-party system.

or the M (=many) party system, best exemplified by Italy.

Really, is it possible for americans to talk about ANYTHING without it coming back to a bitch fight between their political parties? It is truly pathetic.

At this point in time America is in a dog-fight of a Presidential campaign. It would be "pathetic" if there was no political talk in posts.

From the rest of the world's point of view the US is always in either a dog-fight of a Presidential campaign or a dog-fight of a mid-term congressional campaign which is presented as a referendum on the presidential term. The election is ten months away, the candidates are not even determined yet. The US is as far away from an election as they ever are. I am beginning to believe that this has become a weakness of the American system. The pols need to spend less time being pols and more time being statesmen.

Liberty is threatened where?

Well, if you can't think of a single such place in the world, then you are definitely out of touch with current events.

Surely not. Your reply is BS.

What's "your" job again of intervening somewhere else in the world? Outside the US soil?

Some times i think i am in the twilight zone.

Didn't we just get out of a war that was for false reasons? Does the public have constant amnesia? WTF

As always the same warmongers calling for war, acting tough and care free are the ones who wont pay. They just start the wars so the very people they claim they care for die for a chance to go to school, and a lot of brown people who they have never met.

There really needs to be an IQ test attached to the freedom of speech.

How many times can you be told the same lie and believe it until it becomes your fault?

Wake the fuck up our country is in ruin and were picking fights half way around the world and claiming they started. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with people?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqI2i_fIdP0

This is a bit cut from his(joe rogan) act in 2004-05.

Its about how you find out how dumb most people are by seeing if they would vote for a dumb guy.
The crazy thing is this was in 04-05. The ending picture says everything.

"We can go dumber"

video starts at 15 sec.

Same thing with another war. I would like to think people wouldn't fall for it again..i would have even put money on it a few months ago that we wouldn't..............lets say now with all the same Bullshit and sheep ready i am glad i didn't make that bet.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

As always the same warmongers calling for war, acting tough and care free are the ones who wont pay. They just start the wars so the very people they claim they care for die for a chance to go to school, and a lot of brown people who they have never met.

There really needs to be an IQ test attached to the freedom of speech.

there's a pretty bad irony here. We had poll taxes and literacy tests around voting rights for non whites only half a century ago.

From the rest of the world's point of view the US is always in either a dog-fight of a Presidential campaign or a dog-fight of a mid-term congressional campaign which is presented as a referendum on the presidential term. The election is ten months away, the candidates are not even determined yet. The US is as far away from an election as they ever are. I am beginning to believe that this has become a weakness of the American system. The pols need to spend less time being pols and more time being statesmen.

The Founders of the US believed it to be a strength. Voters are better able to know the views of the candidates on contemporary topics. Criticism of the system does extend back to James Madison, himself.
As far as "statesmen"........ Try to find one. I can't[:/]

My managerial change professor as well as my micro economics professors had a funny saying.
"Your average American has the IQ of a twice boiled carrot, and it is our job as the educated few to take full advantage of their stupidity to make vast sums of money and become powerful."
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

if a leader of a sovereign nation wants to lead his country, it's none of our business what he does and we certainly can't go around deposing leaders just because we don't agree with their style of leadership, period.

Actually, we can and we do. That is a fact. Not saying I think it is proper, but your statement is simply false.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

My managerial change professor as well as my micro economics professors had a funny saying.
"Your average American has the IQ of a twice boiled carrot, and it is our job as the educated few to take full advantage of their stupidity to make vast sums of money and become powerful."

I can think of a few others throughout history who thought similarly.

And they did and are doing quite well!

Look Irans leaders have to go, they are bat shit crazy! And well that's not a good thing for the people of Iran or the people of the world.

And well it would be nice to maybe liberate Iran but who will pay for it?
I for one say....NOT ME!

How about we kill the Bush Tax Break and then use the money we raise from taxing the top 1% to pay for it!

The GOP gets a war that they want!
And the liberals see a more even tax code!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

And they did and are doing quite well!

Look Irans leaders have to go, they are bat shit crazy! And well that's not a good thing for the people of Iran or the people of the world.

And well it would be nice to maybe liberate Iran but who will pay for it?
I for one say....NOT ME!

How about we kill the Bush Tax Break and then use the money we raise from taxing the top 1% to pay for it!

The GOP gets a war that they want!
And the liberals see a more even tax code!

I say we cut a deal with the Revolutionary Forces within Iran. We will help you but we want 1/2 your oil in return.

I say we cut a deal with the Revolutionary Forces within Iran. We will help you but we want 1/2 your oil in return.

thought it is not the first time we the US have worked with ruthless dictators, note attached;
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/handshake300.jpg

The question is simple, WTF are you talking about!
The Revolutionary Forces own Iran, Syria and southern Lebanon.
And I'm not talking in the mafia sense I'm talking they OWN every freaking thing from the rail road's to the means of production.
So WTF would they want from you? How can you help them out?

I mean really...boiled carrot....no joke...don't feel bad..it's ok not many people know where Iran is let alone how big the country is.

thought it is not the first time we the US have worked with ruthless dictators, note attached;
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/handshake300.jpg

The question is simple, WTF are you talking about!
The Revolutionary Forces own Iran, Syria and southern Lebanon.
And I'm not talking in the mafia sense I'm talking they OWN every freaking thing from the rail road's to the means of production.
So WTF would they want from you? How can you help them out?

I mean really...boiled carrot....no joke...don't feel bad..it's ok not many people know where Iran is let alone how big the country is.

By Revolutionary Forces, I mean those who would seek to overthrow the existing Govt. I thought my meaning was fairly obvious.

By Revolutionary Forces, I mean those who would seek to overthrow the existing Govt. I thought my meaning was fairly obvious.

You mean revolutionary forces to over throw the revolutionary guard?

Ah yeah sure why not......hum let me see....why won't it work? Ahh...well let me put it this way the Iranian Revolutionary Guard owns everything and unlike in Egypt they have no problems with killing vast numbers of Iranians because for the most part most IRG members are Arab and don't think too much about killing Persians.

Wow man...i mean wow.....if it were only that easy!

You mean revolutionary forces to over throw the revolutionary guard?

Ah yeah sure why not......hum let me see....why won't it work? Ahh...well let me put it this way the Iranian Revolutionary Guard owns everything and unlike in Egypt they have no problems with killing vast numbers of Iranians because for the most part most IRG members are Arab and don't think too much about killing Persians.

Wow man...i mean wow.....if it were only that easy!

Are you saying that the IRG is a foreign entity that has usurped Iran?

I firmly believe that is the opinion of politicians!

Chuck

Are you saying that the IRG is a foreign entity that has usurped Iran?

They sure as shit aren't from the North of Iran.
But you wouldn't know that....because you don't know the culture nor the language.
The green revolution was put down by what best can be described as Arabs and Afghans.
This is clear in the accents and the cloathing choices.

It's a complicated mess and the is no easy solution.
Sadly we are piss bucket broke and well......not like we can do shit even if we wanted to!