jgoose71

Liberal definition of "Racism"

This is old, but it's my first time seeing it.

It reminded me of several arguments I have both seen and participated in here in SC.

These are excerpts are taken from from the University of Delaware Office of Residence Life Diversity Facilitation Training document (Joe Biden's home state):

“A RACIST: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination. (This does not deny the existence of such prejudices, hostilities, acts of rage or discrimination.)" - Page 3

-----

“REVERSE RACISM: A term created and used by white people to deny their white privilege. Those in denial use the term reverse racism to refer to hostile behavior by people of color toward whites, and to affirmative action policies, which allegedly give 'preferential treatment' to people of color over whites. In the U.S., there is no such thing as 'reverse racism.'" - Page 3

-----

“A NON-RACIST: A non-term. The term was created by whites to deny responsibility for systemic racism, to maintain an aura of innocence in the face of racial oppression, and to shift responsibility for that oppression from whites to people of color (called "blaming the victim"). Responsibility for perpetuating and legitimizing a racist system rests both on those who actively maintain it, and on those who refuse to challenge it. Silence is consent." - Page 3

-----

"Have you ever heard a well-meaning white person say, 'I'm not a member of any race except the human race?' What she usually means by this statement is that she doesn't want to perpetuate racial categories by acknowledging that she is white. This is an evasion of responsibility for her participation in a system based on supremacy for white people." - Page 8

http://thefire.org/article/8552.html

Now that I know what the left is indoctrinating into our youth, things seem to be making more sense now.

It will probably still be a while before we can have an honest discussion on race as long as this crap is being taught as the truth.

The Web site, Fire.org, is backed by the American Civil Liberties Union. Check out the Youtube video at the top of the page.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

These are excerpts are taken from from the University of Delaware Office of Residence Life Diversity Facilitation Training document (Joe Biden's home state):

Wow that's an earth shattering connection you made there. I think you're on to something.. You should really investigate this Joe Biden-Delaware-Random University Training document connection some more.

They actually have a campaign against the University of Delaware.. to draw media attention to this.

http://thefire.org/case/752

But you knew that, right?

Their mission:
"The mission of FIRE is to defend and sustain individual rights at America's colleges and universities. These rights include freedom of speech, legal equality, due process, religious liberty, and sanctity of conscience — the essential qualities of individual liberty and dignity. FIRE's core mission is to protect the unprotected and to educate the public and communities of concerned Americans about the threats to these rights on our campuses and about the means to preserve them. "

Their actions:
Don't tell me how to think (as per your link)
Here's what we want you to think (as per jgoose71's link)

Oh, the irony.

Their "views" on racism are so fucked up and out of whack that even all the king's men couldn't help them. ACLU, or not.

In their "background" info they write...
"The university setting is where students are most subject to the assignment of group identity, to indoctrination of radical political orthodoxies, to legal inequality, to intrusion into private conscience, and to assaults upon the moral reality of individual rights and responsibilities."

...yet they want to brainwash students with their own idiotic hyperbole.

The sad part is...it's totally believable that this mindless shit goes on. College kid's version of mental "Mad Skillz".
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Wow that's an earth shattering connection you made there. I think you're on to something.. You should really investigate this Joe Biden-Delaware-Random University Training document connection some more.

They actually have a campaign against the University of Delaware.. to draw media attention to this.

http://thefire.org/case/752

But you knew that, right?

Yes, I knew that after I found the link.

The news to me (and the reason I posted this) is that there is an actual training program at a college that brain washes kids into believing this. Kind of confirms all the conspiracy theory guy's cases about colleges teaching this crap, or, since a 2007 case, it may be where a lot of it comes from.

The reason I brought up Joe Biden is because he is a graduate of that same university. Being a senator from that state and an alumni of that university, he probably has several people on his staff that have graduated from there also. And as such, they may adhere to these views.

Obama said judge him by the company he keeps. While onstage he talks one way, but is surrounded by people of these views. Obama also being a Junior Senator with not a lot of political experience, probably leans a lot on Joe for advice.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Their actions:
Don't tell me how to think (as per your link)
Here's what we want you to think (as per jgoose71's link)

You realize that Skinnay and I both have links to the same web site, right?

In their "background" info they write...
"The university setting is where students are most subject to the assignment of group identity, to indoctrination of radical political orthodoxies, to legal inequality, to intrusion into private conscience, and to assaults upon the moral reality of individual rights and responsibilities."

...yet they want to brainwash students with their own idiotic hyperbole.

The Whole reason why I posted the link is because it helps give us a look at the mind set of the students and how they are getting brain washed right now as they come out of these New England Universities.

But if they were to brainwash people to make there own decisions after being presented both sides of a case, I would be for it.

So all white people living in the US are racist? That's as racist a point of view as they come.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

So all white people living in the US are racist? That's as racist a point of view as they come.

not only that, but it's not possible for us NOT to be racist. AND it's not possible for anyone who isn't white to be racist.
--
Rob

not only that, but it's not possible for us NOT to be racist. AND it's not possible for anyone who isn't white to be racist.

And all of this is driven by politcal correctness. And PC is the root of all this bull shit
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It's one person's silly definition, written in 1995, copied and pasted by one other person in 2007.

The OP's trying to draw a connection between this and Joe Biden is so moronic it's just laughable.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060731001220/uncyclopedia/images/7/7c/Scarecrow_oz_if_I_only_had_a_brain.gif

Any (hypothetical) person who thinks that "one liberal person's definition of racism" is the same thing as a "Liberal definition of racism" is a stupid asshole. The fact that this is currently working its way through the usual blogosphere is no great surprise.

The lengths to which some geniuses in here go to exercise their Liberal Derangement Syndrome just boggles the mind. Some people really need to get a life.

But if they were to brainwash people to make there own decisions after being presented both sides of a case, I would be for it.

Well, IMO, that could be taken several ways. I'll take it to mean, "colleges should teach HOW to think, not WHAT to think."
In that case, I would agree.

But then again, it's a parent's job to teach their kids HOW to think. Unfortunately, not many parents themselves know how to think.

Yes. You know the driving force behind that diatribe.

I'm curious if anyone in this thread so far has actually read the .pdf cited by the article?

Here it is;
http://thefire.org/public/pdfs/3d0208922083e5d59664be8371ab5f0f.pdf?direct

Please read the ENTIRE set of lecture notes and tell me whether or not you agree with the implied premise of the blog post linked in the original post of this thread.

I don't. These are certainly not the definitions created by the University but instead ones being examined in a lecture.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm curious if anyone in this thread so far has actually read the .pdf cited by the article?

Here it is;
http://thefire.org/public/pdfs/3d0208922083e5d59664be8371ab5f0f.pdf?direct

Please read the ENTIRE set of lecture notes and tell me whether or not you agree with the implied premise of the blog post linked in the original post of this thread.

I don't. These are certainly not the definitions created by the University but instead ones being examined in a lecture.

Now that you have read the entire lecture notes and also watch the video. While the lecture notes are theory, the university tried to enforce it in practice. That is where the law suit came from.

Asking people personal questions and then degrading them if the answers are not in tune to your line of thinking is not cool.