airborne47

Why i oppose gay marriage.

I know people are born the way they are. How else do you explain people born with both sexual organs?
Did the creator just screw up becasue he's to stupid to get things right? Not mine!
And i know it's not a choice. If it is then that means that (YOU) are capable of (CHOOSING) to hold someone of the same sex in you arms.
Looking into their eyes and (FEELING) a DEEP DESIRE to have sex with them. Can (YOU) really choose that? If so you're not straight!
But things were a lot different when i grew up. I don't recall one single kid ever (comeing out) Mainly i think it was because the price was just to high.
It would have been sort of like a (nigger) showing up at a Klan rally. Especially for guys!
So those who were different just learned to hide it. That way they got to have friends who would be seen in public with them. Or find and keep a job.
Or find a landlord who would rent to them. Or be able to walk down the street without getting jumped and beaten.
Or haveing their homes or vehicles vandilized. Or kicked out of public places. Or being beaten because people (thought) they might be gay.
Like the night 29 years ago when i was 21. I was in a local bar and there was a guy people (thought) was gay.
So they started hasseling him just for kicks. As that was kind of like a sport back then. Finally i said they should leave him alone. Which of course instantly made me a (little faggot) as well.
Why else would anyone stick up for (one of them?) So i was told to (get the fuck out of here you little faggot) And being how i have a problem with authority and don't like being told what to do. I replied FUCK YOU!
I'm also not real smart because there was 3 of them and 1 of me. And i had just given them all the reason they needed to kick my ass!
And they did so without anyone saying anything except. Take it outside! Which they did. And proceeded to beat the hell out of me.
Back then the cops weren't likely to do a damn thing about it. It was just the way things were. And if you didn't like it. It was just to damn bad!
There were no support groups in the schools. Or any talk about acceptance and diversity. Well things have changed a lot! And there's (LOTS OF TALK) about diversity and acceptance today.
And not to long ago i was in a truck stop and some idiot was spouting off about faggots and how he licked kicking their asses. I finally got tired of hearing it and thought of what i had seen another guy do.
So i looked at him and said. So why don't you kick my ass? You little punk assed bitch!
He looked around and couldn't find anyone to back him up like in the old days. It was just him and me. And i wasn't backing down an inch!
So he stomped out of there muttering some shit as some people laughed. A few guys looked at me funny but i just looked at them and shrugged and they looked away.
Yeah some things have changed a lot allright. But some have remained the same. Just put on a new mask. because while i still see idiots like him around. The people who hate me the most nowadays.
Are the young generation of GAY ACTIVIST who speak of diversity and acceptance! Right up until i disagree with them! Then they want to do JUST LIKE those guys in the bar who beat me like a dog.
They want to JUST ASSUME i'm something and slap a label on me. And hate me because of the label they put on me. AND ATTACK ME!
Just because I FULLY SUPPORT my young great niece being able to openly say who she is. And live her life as she sees fit. AND WANT her to be able to say or do as she pleases.
Which is to be openly gay and support gay marriage. And i will defend with my life her right to do so!! BUT i will oppose her (objective)
Because i can see both sides of the argument. And I BELIEVE that words do have meaning. Even if we don't like it. Or it keeps us from haveing what we want. Just like no means no!
So when i look at the debate. I find myself agreeing with those who say marriage is a word which for 5000 years of recorded human history has had a (specific) meaning.
And that to (some) the religious aspect has an extreamly deep meaning! It doesn't to me and i think it's a joke!
But that doesn't matter! I still believe to legalize gay marriage would be to redefine the very meaning of the would itself. And (force) others to accept that redefinition. And in my view that is wrong!
I do not believe (they) should just (have to) accept it.
I do believe we need to have (some type) of civil unions to protect the (HUMAN RIGHTS) of all people. But do not agree with a (my way all the way) attitude!
I know some people of faith ARE TOLERANT of others. Because as a kid 35? years ago.
A friends younger brother once stood up for me because some guys were picking on me because (they thought) i was (different) I NEVER forgot how that kid stood up to that crowd in a time when THAT JUST WASN"T DONE!
Now he's a grown man and (found) god. But he still RESPECTS me as a person and could care less about any label. All he sees is a person! Which is all i am! I could be straight or i could be Bi.
That doesn't change the fact that he respects my right to an opinion. Even if it's different then his.
But somehow the tolerant and accepting GAY ACTIVISTS do not seem to want to (ALLOW) me that same right. Without slapping a label on me and attacking that label!
So i'll look at both sides and deciede that the opponents have a better argument.
And support some kind of civil union and defend with my life the rights of the man who once stood up for me to have his opinions.
Without him and everyone else like him automatically being labeled something that they are not! Not all people in (a certain group) think the same!
I know he looks at me and sees a person. I don't need to tell him a label to put on me.
But apparently i do so i can (have the right) to an opinion by the tolerant and accepting gay activists. So here's the label.
This is what i am. A PERSON!!! Maybe if we all dropped the damn labels and started looking at each other that way.
We could then talk to each other as people and find a solution?
I don't know what the answer is? But know we need to start TALKING to each other as PEOPLE And quit attacking LABELS!!!!!

I know people are born the way they are. How else do you explain people born with both sexual organs? Did the creator just screw up becasue he's to stupid to get things right? Not mine! And i know it's not a choice.

If it is then that means that (YOU) are capable of (CHOOSING) to hold someone of the same sex in you arms. Looking into their eyes and (FEELING) a DEEP DESIRE to have sex with them. Can (YOU) really choose that? If so you're not straight! But things were a lot different when i grew up. I don't recall one single kid ever (comeing out) Mainly i think it was because the price was just to high.

It would have been sort of like a (nigger) showing up at a Klan rally. Especially for guys! So those who were different just learned to hide it. That way they got to have friends who would be seen in public with them. Or find and keep a job. Or find a landlord who would rent to them. Or be able to walk down the street without getting jumped and beaten. Or haveing their homes or vehicles vandilized. Or kicked out of public places.

Or being beaten because people (thought) they might be gay. Like the night 29 years ago when i was 21. I was in a local bar and there was a guy people (thought) was gay. So they started hasseling him just for kicks. As that was kind of like a sport back then. Finally i said they should leave him alone. Which of course instantly made me a (little faggot) as well.

Why else would anyone stick up for (one of them?) So i was told to (get the fuck out of here you little faggot) And being how i have a problem with authority and don't like being told what to do. I replied FUCK YOU! I'm also not real smart because there was 3 of them and 1 of me. And i had just given them all the reason they needed to kick my ass! And they did so without anyone saying anything except. Take it outside! Which they did. And proceeded to beat the hell out of me. Back then the cops weren't likely to do a damn thing about it. It was just the way things were. And if you didn't like it. It was just to damn bad! There were no support groups in the schools. Or any talk about acceptance and diversity.

Well things have changed a lot! And there's (LOTS OF TALK) about diversity and acceptance today. And not to long ago i was in a truck stop and some idiot was spouting off about faggots and how he licked kicking their asses. I finally got tired of hearing it and thought of what i had seen another guy do. So i looked at him and said. So why don't you kick my ass? You little punk assed bitch! He looked around and couldn't find anyone to back him up like in the old days. It was just him and me. And i wasn't backing down an inch! So he stomped out of there muttering some shit as some people laughed. A few guys looked at me funny but i just looked at them and shrugged and they looked away. Yeah some things have changed a lot allright. But some have remained the same. Just put on a new mask. because while i still see idiots like him around. The people who hate me the most nowadays. Are the young generation of GAY ACTIVIST who speak of diversity and acceptance! Right up until i disagree with them!

Then they want to do JUST LIKE those guys in the bar who beat me like a dog. They want to JUST ASSUME i'm something and slap a label on me. And hate me because of the label they put on me. AND ATTACK ME! Just because I FULLY SUPPORT my young great niece being able to openly say who she is. And live her life as she sees fit. AND WANT her to be able to say or do as she pleases. Which is to be openly gay and support gay marriage. And i will defend with my life her right to do so!! BUT i will oppose her (objective) Because i can see both sides of the argument. And I BELIEVE that words do have meaning. Even if we don't like it. Or it keeps us from haveing what we want. Just like no means no! So when i look at the debate. I find myself agreeing with those who say marriage is a word which for 5000 years of recorded human history has had a (specific) meaning. And that to (some) the religious aspect has an extreamly deep meaning!

It doesn't to me and i think it's a joke! But that doesn't matter! I still believe to legalize gay marriage would be to redefine the very meaning of the would itself. And (force) others to accept that redefinition. And in my view that is wrong! I do not believe (they) should just (have to) accept it. I do believe we need to have (some type) of civil unions to protect the (HUMAN RIGHTS) of all people. But do not agree with a (my way all the way) attitude! I know some people of faith ARE TOLERANT of others. Because as a kid 35? years ago. A friends younger brother once stood up for me because some guys were picking on me because (they thought) i was (different)

I NEVER forgot how that kid stood up to that crowd in a time when THAT JUST WASN"T DONE! Now he's a grown man and (found) god. But he still RESPECTS me as a person and could care less about any label. All he sees is a person! Which is all i am! I could be straight or i could be Bi. That doesn't change the fact that he respects my right to an opinion. Even if it's different then his. But somehow the tolerant and accepting GAY ACTIVISTS do not seem to want to (ALLOW) me that same right. Without slapping a label on me and attacking that label!

So i'll look at both sides and deciede that the opponents have a better argument. And support some kind of civil union and defend WITH MY LIFE the rights of the man who once stood up for me to have his opinions without him and everyone else like him. Automatically being labeled something that they are not! Not all people in (a certain group) think the same! I know he looks at me and sees a person. I don't need to tell him a label to put on me. But apparently i do so i can (have the right) to an opinion by the tolerant and accepting gay activists. So here's the label. This is what i am. A PERSON!!!

Maybe if we all dropped the damn labels and started looking at each other that way. We could then talk to each other as people and find a solution? I don't know what the answer is? But know we need to start TALKING to each other as PEOPLE And quit attacking LABELS!!!!!

So...what you're saying is....you're gay. Thanks for sharing!;)

(These are not paragraph breaks, I just had to put some space in-between the blather.)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

tough crowd tonight.

Not against somebody that uses the "N" word, not on a public forum any way - and especially not against somebody that says "why I "appose" gay marriage...
you can have your private beliefs but he ain't gonna make friends spouting that shit... just speaking about "gays" and "N's" - even on a saturday night drinking session says loads about your personality...

Thanks for the spaces.

And no, he's not saying he's gay, just that he considers the institution of marriage to be religious and therefore reserved for man/woman pairings, but that he's in favor enough of individual rights of behavior (whether he agrees with them or nor) to defend them personally.

Folks, you're not going to agree with everyone and everything. But putting yourself out to stand up for something you personally disagree with, but think others have the right to, is pretty fucking stand-up.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)