aphid

Jon Huntsman?

As a citizen of your (US) largest trading partner, largest supplier of oil, water and timber, shivering in the shade of your shadow and catching pneumonia whenever you guys sneeze, I watch with some interest your internal political machinations.

I've caught Huntsman a couple of times on television and I'm curious. Why doesn't he seem to get much attention? He "seems" to this foreigner to be educated, articulate, versed in foreign-policy, with middle-ground economic ideas. (Yes, I'm aware he's a Mormon. Whatever)

I look forward to thoughtful responses with interest.

Thanks.

John

Ask yourself one question..does he have the guts to end the Federal Reserve ?
The dollar is currently backed by the "value of the people"
In 1913 the Fed was formed in secret by 12 unnamed bankers.since 1913 the value of our labors have been borrowed upon..and , it is no coincidence that the Income tax was passed...

Since 1913 , the values of our labors have been borrowed upon. whats more , we owe the interest.

Here is an example..the government factors in a cost of living increase every year...why?

Answer..when you devalue the currency . you create inflation...

Ron Paul is the only candidate who will end the Fed..
We are a commodity on wall street...we are owned by the bankers...

watch this video...all of it..the end is important.

http://youtu.be/1HTH6GT3os4

As a citizen of your (US) largest trading partner, largest supplier of oil, water and timber, shivering in the shade of your shadow and catching pneumonia whenever you guys sneeze, I watch with some interest your internal political machinations.

I've caught Huntsman a couple of times on television and I'm curious. Why doesn't he seem to get much attention? He "seems" to this foreigner to be educated, articulate, versed in foreign-policy, with middle-ground economic ideas. (Yes, I'm aware he's a Mormon. Whatever)

I look forward to thoughtful responses with interest.

Thanks.

John

He is not a conservative

He is a left of center RINO

Exactly the kind of candidate the left and its compliant media would have the Republican party nominate.

Like McCain
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

In 1913 the Fed was formed in secret by 12 unnamed bankers.since 1913 the value of our labors have been borrowed upon..and , it is no coincidence that the Income tax was passed...

Since 1913 , the values of our labors have been borrowed upon. whats more , we owe the interest.

Here is an example..the government factors in a cost of living increase every year...why?

You are funny.... if you REALLY believe he could or would end the Fed...

But.. you can fool some of the fools all of the time... and some of the people none of the time... I fit in the second group.

But keep praying for change... I know you have all that hope:D:D:D:D

But.. you can fool some of the fools all of the time... and some of the people none of the time... I fit in the second group.

you want to learn something new today ?
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/

otherwise go away..

He is not a conservative

Exactly the kind of candidate the left and its compliant media would have the Republican party nominate.

So, if he would be a media-darling, how come not much visibility?

Bear with me on this next part - if the political spectrum (just for argument) could be divided say into 3 equal parts - Left/Middle/Right... he occupies some portion of the Middle? If so, I'm still not understanding why he doesn't get much traction.

Or is it he is deemed irrelevant because he doesn't appeal to one of the more distinct groups?

Thanks

you want to learn something new today ?
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/

otherwise go away..

To coin a well used phrase bubba... NO JUSTICE... NO PEACE

More hypocrisy in that bolded statement you like to use... you dinosaurs... need to go away.. you are not equipped to live in this millenium.

Bumped to see if I can (one time) get this back on track...

He is not a conservative

Bear with me on this next part - if the political spectrum (just for argument) could be divided say into 3 equal parts - Left/Middle/Right... he occupies some portion of the Middle? If so, I'm still not understanding why he doesn't get much traction.

Or is it he is deemed irrelevant because he doesn't appeal to one of the more distinct groups?

Thanks

He doesn't seem to have any sort of glamor quotient; without that, in our current media-driven culture, he's not going to get very far.

You have to remember that many people are, more and more, getting most of their inputs and world view from people who agree with them, so they see "center" as being in very different places.

He's not angry (and angry people are much in favor with people who are feeling dispossessed), and he's not fresh (Herman Cain does have freshness going for him).

Personally, I'd like to see him as a higher-profile candidate. But that's clearly not going to happen.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

He is not a conservative

Thanks

Anyone perceived to be a moderate in the current crop of idiots that call themselves Republicans.... is referred to as a RINO.

To these people.. Reagans policies would be seen as a RINO

To these people.. Goldwaters policies would be seen as a RINO

To these people.. Buckleys positions would be seen as a RINO

To these people.. McCarthy would be seen as a hero.. since they are still seing commies everywhere in their paranoia... just like the good little neo-John Birchers they are.

He is not a conservative

Thanks

Because his not middle
He is left

Give the media time

I predict they will keep the assassination tactics going on the current top runners and then try to insert him
Abraham Lincoln

He is not a conservative

Thanks

Anyone perceived to be a moderate in the current crop of idiots that call themselves Republicans.... is referred to as a RINO.

To these people.. McCarthy would be seen as a hero.. since they are still seing commies everywhere in their paranoia... just like the good little neo-John Birchers they are.

Thanks for this post

It truly shows how far out there you really are
Abraham Lincoln

Where do you think the middle is of the American people (not just the ones you agree with)?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

He is not a conservative

Thanks

Thanks for this post

It shows just how far out of touch the rePUBIClown party has drifted from reality.

I am old enough to remember a SANE .....Republican Party.. that was capable of governing our country to prosperity.

He is not a conservative

Thanks

Thanks for this post

It shows just how far out of touch the rePUBIClown party has drifted from reality.

I am old enough to remember a SANE .....Republican Party.. that was capable of governing our country to prosperity.

Age and sanity are not the same things
Abraham Lincoln

Where do you think the middle is of the American people (not just the ones you agree with)?

Wendy P.

From an outsider's perspective, that would be an interesting question to ask of many posters, in each portion of the spectrum. A poll?

John

Wendy P.

Smaller government
Adhering to the Constitution
Less taxes
Less regulation

Not to be interpreted as no government
No regulation
No taxes
Abraham Lincoln

...I predict they will keep the assassination tactics going on the current top runners and then try to insert him

I do not have the stomach to follow the ebb and flow of the campaign very closely, but I get the impression that the real problem is various candidates shooting themselves in the foot, rather than being targeted.

Palin makes me ill. I think it is wonderful that she chose not to run - you only get to walk away from your commitments once where I am from.

Bachmann is not much better. What little I have heard from her corner is quite enough, thank you.

Mormons are on a par with Scientologists from where I sit. I do not trust Romney for a second, and I am unimpressed with Huntsman (bluffing on Mandarin is a wise move - it is not like there is anyone around who can call you on it...).

Gingrich has too well established a track record of amorality. I would not want anyone to represent me with the same level of commitment Newt has shown to personal relationships.

We have already had one evil nitwit Lone Star Govenor in the Oval Office, so Perry is a non-starter.

Ron Paul is too honest. I have a problem with someone running for office that will say the undeniable truths that are sure to keep them out of office. I will probably vote for him anyway, since holding my nose to vote for someone else just does not cut it.

Cain? I do not get the impression that he has the Machiavellian werewithal to manipulate events to the benefit of the American people (assuming that our benefit is, indeed, his priority).

Much though I despise Hillary Clinton, my guess is that we would be best served if she were drafted for the Democratic nomination. The evil bitch may well be the person we want to conduct negotiations with hostile entities, since she does not have the failing to which her husband is subject - doing anything to be liked. She is deservedly despised, and does not bat an eye at that fact.

Politics is an effective emetic.

BSBD,

Winsor

Aphid,

The issue here is the primary process, something we don't have in Canada or in any parliamentary democracy. At this stage of the game, candidates win by appealing to the most red-meat voters within their own party. Remember, it will be only registered Republicans voting in the primaries, and a candidate who represents the "center" of the party would by definition be to the right of the center of the nation as a whole. In reality, though, it is the most passionate (i.e. angry and extremist) members of the party who drive the process, so the result is to select for (or force candidates to adopt) positions that appeal to the extremists. For example, look how many of the debates so far have been organized by self-identified ideologically driven organizations.

As has been made clear by some of the responses to your question from our local contingent of "ultraconservatives", Huntsman is too well educated and able to consider more than one side to an argument to ever be an acceptable candidate. Although I suspect he's close to (but somewhat to the right of) Harper in his political views, that makes him a flaming socialist in the eyes of many. As an ex-patriot Canadian, it is my impression that even many Democrat politicians here would be a bit too far to the right for even the Reform party in Canada. That is, unless things have changed so much since I left Canada that the Reform Party is now advocating scrapping universal health care and the Canada Pension Plan, defunding education, and reinstating the death penalty.

Don

Since you admit you do not follow the process I can only conclude you need to find your stomach
Abraham Lincoln