dreamdancer

Another Veteran Badly Hurt by Oakland Police/Thugs

For this reason, if you are ever contacted by the police, anything you do that helps them feel safe greatly increases the chance that you'll get off with a warning instead of a ticket.

safest thing is just to record/video the contact so that the police know they're being watched...

Yep
and then the honest thing to do is show the whole video when you get you ass kicked by the police for being stupid

You are so well indoctrinated Citizen

For this reason, if you are ever contacted by the police, anything you do that helps them feel safe greatly increases the chance that you'll get off with a warning instead of a ticket.

safest thing is just to record/video the contact so that the police know they're being watched...

Yep
and then the honest thing to do is show the whole video when you get you ass kicked by the police for being stupid

What? You don't think some idiots get their ass kicked for being stupid with the cops? A few years ago I watched a cop stand stone upright and take all the verbal abuse a punk could dish out. This went on for almost a minute until...get this...the punk poked the cop in the forehead with his knuckles. Instant takedown, headlock, and handcuffs.
Tell us, please, just what fantasy world do you live in where idiots can get physically abusive and/or refuse to obey a lawful order without fear of a cop using whatever force is needed to control the situation? We do not live in a world of anarchy. We have rules and laws. There are consequences, both immediate and future, for all our actions.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

You don't think some idiots get their ass kicked for being stupid with the cops? A few years ago I watched a cop stand stone upright and take all the verbal abuse a punk could dish out. This went on for almost a minute until...get this...the punk poked the cop in the forehead with his knuckles. Instant takedown, headlock, and handcuffs.

Oh, I see the problem...we apparently have different definitions for ass kicking.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Yep

What? You don't think some idiots get their ass kicked for being stupid with the cops? A few years ago I watched a cop stand stone upright and take all the verbal abuse a punk could dish out. This went on for almost a minute until...get this...the punk poked the cop in the forehead with his knuckles. Instant takedown, headlock, and handcuffs.
Tell us, please, just what fantasy world do you live in where idiots can get physically abusive and/or refuse to obey a lawful order without fear of a cop using whatever force is needed to control the situation? We do not live in a world of anarchy. We have rules and laws. There are consequences, both immediate and future, for all our actions.

Right... we live in a police state... with corporate prisons that need to be fed new meat to be profitable... with police budgets bloated... so they can buy all the latest toys.... and "officers" who know they can get away with damn near anything they wish to do... laws be damned until a citizen catches them abusing their police "POWER" on video.
(Unless the local LEOcommunity has aquired the immunity statue by making taking video of them illegal)

Yep

So, getting an ass-kicking is justified for videotaping/recording a contact with Law Enforcement? "Stupidity" is an indictable offense? Holy crap. I really don't want to live where you people do.

Yep

Yes
My parents raised me to be honest

Looks to be some training you could use
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yep

Yes

Another PA from poor wittle Marc...

Get this.. I do not drink... most of the time.. and if I do I am at a boogie or event where there will be NO driving.

I am not a doper... but if people want to fry their brains... I believe in personal responsibility... REAL responsibility.

You and other conservatives seem to love the Animal Farm and 1984 kind you seem to be good with.

You would have made great German citizens in the 1930's... I bet your papers.. are exquisite.

LAW ABIDING CITIZENS are getting sick and tired of your police state mentality.

Yep

So, getting an ass-kicking is justified for videotaping/recording a contact with Law Enforcement? "Stupidity" is an indictable offense? Holy crap. I really don't want to live where you people do.

Meant as more of a metaphor than literal. I do not condone a beating. Unless you got it coming for the sake of the LEO's safety.
Abraham Lincoln

Yep

Yes

Another PA from poor wittle Marc...

Get this.. I do not drink... most of the time.. and if I do I am at a boogie or event where there will be NO driving.

I am not a doper... but if people want to fry their brains... I believe in personal responsibility... REAL responsibility.

You and other conservatives seem to love the Animal Farm and 1984 kind you seem to be good with.

You would have made great German citizens in the 1930's... I bet your papers.. are exquisite.

PA???:D

If mine is a PA then what was yours?:D:D

Batteries, get them fast
Abraham Lincoln

Most cops already do that. This has, I think, dramatically cut down on police brutality. But not ended it.

But if you want to be an arrogant ass and call cops names and stuff, be my guest. Go ahead and act like a threat. As much as I don't like cops, I watch myself around them. Far too often, you'll get people who treat cops like they do some car in the street. Sure, you've got the right of way to cross the street in a sidewalk, but if that right of way isn't honored by that Honda Prius, you'll be fucking splattered.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Just a quick warning, recording the police in the line of duty is a felony in some states, including Illinois. Whether these laws are a good idea is a question that deserves its own thread. I'm just pointing this out to save anyone who might be tempted to do this some grief.

http://www.switched.com/2011/01/24/record-a-police-officer-in-illinois-get-15-years-in-prison/

Your views are very clear. In your eyes any compliance with the law means that person is a mindless slave to society.
I suppose you don't follow any of the laws we live under?
HAMMER:

Your views are very clear. In your eyes any compliance with the law means that person is a mindless slave to society.

You would have.... yet again..... supposed and assumed wrong.

The fact that you condone the behavior of bullys in the name of law and order though.. is rather telling about mindless slavery though. Making excuses for abusive police... is just enabling them to continue to victimize Americans civil liberties... you know... that pesky Constitution thing that yall like to blither on and on and on about... but only certain numbers are important to yall rather than the document as a whole.

I don't think anyone here is making excuses for people who abuse their power, be they police, politicians, or the McDonalds mangager.

One can be compliant with the laws that your duly elected representatives have decided to pass with your consent without condoning or accepting people who abuse their authority.

Police who make a habit (or even the first time if it's serious enough) of using excessive force or frivolous charges will not long be employed, especially with the number of people willing to perform the job at it is intended. I am not saying that abuse does not happen at the hands of police, but rather that abuse is, despite what you see on TV, the exception to the rule. The vast majority of officers do not want to be involved in physical conflicts with people they contact because doing so greatly increases the chances that they will be injured.

Believe it or not, cops are people just like you, they want to get through their day with as little stress and danger as possible so they can go home and kiss their wife and kids goodnight.

The fact that you condone the behavior of bullys in the name of law and order though.. is rather telling about mindless slavery though. Making excuses for abusive police... is just enabling them to continue to victimize Americans civil liberties... you know... that pesky Constitution thing that yall like to blither on and on and on about... but only certain numbers are important to yall rather than the document as a whole.

I'm not making excuses for anyone who breaks the law whether they are a cop or not. You, on the other hand, are making excuses for every protester who breaks the law! You say they have the right to protest...and I agree, they do. But that right is not without limitations. You can not just show up and parade around wherever and whenever you want.
With rare exceptions is NOT ok for cops to beat on people. By the same token it is NOT ok to refuse to comply with lawful orders given by the police to disperse. Refusing to comply never works out in the best interest of the protesters.
HAMMER:

I'm not making excuses for anyone who breaks the law whether they are a cop or not. You, on the other hand, are making excuses for every protester who breaks the law! You say they have the right to protest...and I agree, they do. But that right is not without limitations. You can not just show up and parade around wherever and whenever you want.
With rare exceptions is NOT ok for cops to beat on people. By the same token it is NOT ok to refuse to comply with lawful orders given by the police to disperse. Refusing to comply never works out in the best interest of the protesters.

YOU VILL COMPLY...... YOU VILL COMPLY

America... Land of the free, home of the brave..

Ever mouthed that tired and quite obviously out dated expression??

If you can show me a civilization where people are free to protest any where, at any time, without any regard for the lives of the people who may live or otherwise conduct business where the protest is taking place and I will show you complete and absolute anarchy.

There is a vast difference between having the right to protest and the right to impose undue hardship on the people who live or work where you are protesting.

Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'...

Yawn. Play another fucking record.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

No, I will not bitch and whine. Come to me and TRY to take what is mine (that I work for) and distribute it amongst a bunch of vultures. I will kick your ass and if I am not successful I will die trying. Sorry if this comes across as a personal attack. :P

Yawn. Play another fucking record.

My you are so well trained Citizen

If you can show me a civilization where people are free to protest any where, at any time, without any regard for the lives of the people who may live or otherwise conduct business where the protest is taking place and I will show you complete and absolute anarchy.

There is a vast difference between having the right to protest and the right to impose undue hardship on the people who live or work where you are protesting.

So.. officer... where do you think we are on the spectrum of police state at 100% as opposed to anachy 100%????

Slightly closer to anarchy than police state, but pretty damn close to the middle.

Interesting perspective.... as I said... the paranoia of our police.is palpable.

I guess serving in a police state is indeed interesting when you have all the power... yet are afraid of those you are supposed to be serving...

Do you think this leads to so many of your brother officers jumping so far over the line so often??.