stevebabin

Answers in Genesis

Wanted to throw this out there for discussion.
Jaybird, I'm especially interested in hearing from you, given that you often use this groups website to try to bolster your claims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGxBUyHbn2E&feature=player_embedded
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

The slow dumbing down of American in action. It won't be long before people start thinking the Earth might just be flat - mainly to repudiate the liberal secular humanist round earth "lies" that have been shoved down their throats. They will intelligently question the so-called round earth "consensus" that Al Gore wants the sheeple to believe!

And how much money has Al Gore invested in airlines that claim they can fly around the world, anyway?

The slow dumbing down of American in action. It won't be long before people start thinking the Earth might just be flat - mainly to repudiate the liberal secular humanist round earth "lies" that have been shoved down their throats. They will intelligently question the so-called round earth "consensus" that Al Gore wants the sheeple to believe!

And how much money has Al Gore invested in airlines that claim they can fly around the world, anyway?

:ph34r:
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

Wanted to throw this out there for discussion.
Jaybird, I'm especially interested in hearing from you, given that you often use this groups website to try to bolster your claims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGxBUyHbn2E&feature=player_embedded

Dwelling on the Truth or fiction about ancient historical events is interesting, but I see it as more of a hindrance to the real purpose of the Bible. God gave us His Word so that we might live life more abundantly. Loving my neighbor as myself is minimally impacted by God creating the world in 6 days or 4.5 billion years.

I appreciate your sentiment and wish more had your attitude(even though you and I have very different opinions on the reality of god.)
These people are teaching children that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time. I guess my question(to everyone) is "are you ok with this? Do you believe that man and dinosaure actually lived at the same time?
I thought primarily of Jaybird when I saw this, because he is, for me, the face of christian fundamentalism and a proponent of AIG...but the question is open to anyone.

ANOTHER religiophobe nutter posting...sheesh.

but just to appease you,
Of course they coexisted, fool.
Here's proof positive.

Thanks, Pops! I'm convinced now!:P

These people are teaching children that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time. I guess my question(to everyone) is "are you ok with this?

I don't care...All I know is that Science does not have all the answers and that the bible is not there to teach us about dinosaurs...

The greatest thing I've learned about science and God is that anything is possible...:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

The greatest thing I've learned about science and God is that anything is possible...:)

I'm not sure that's a lesson science teaches. In fact, I think just the opposite. Once science has proven a fact it pretty much rules out the possibility of anything else being possible at all.

When science accurately describes the orbits of the planets, then the possibility of the planets being attached to giant glass spheres disappears completely.

Once Schrödinger opens the box, the cat is either alive or dead but can no longer be both.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm not sure that's a lesson science teaches. In fact, I think just the opposite. Once science has proven a fact it pretty much rules out the possibility of anything else being possible at all.

Ya, until it doesn't...:S

How many times are you guys gonna change your "facts?"

I mean shit, if you're gonna make such a bold statement, at least state it with the slightest bit of confidence!:D

I mean shit, if you're gonna make such a bold statement, at least state it with the slightest bit of confidence!:D

I'm fairly certain nobody is going to be changing the basics of orbital mechanics for quite some time. Same goes for quite a few other facts such as the world not being flat.

Or do you think that's still a possibility?

Further, I don't think you believe your own statement that, "anything is possible." For instance, I'm fairly certain due to your past statements you don't believe a universe is possible without God.
quade -

I'm fairly certain nobody is going to be changing the basics of orbital mechanics for quite some time.

Again, you don't seem so confident...

Most of us figured that shit comes out of our ass...it wasn't too long before we discovered that it also comes out of some scientist's ears...

I'm fairly certain nobody is going to be changing the basics of orbital mechanics for quite some time.

Most of us figured that shit comes out of our ass...it wasn't too long before we discovered that it also comes out of some scientist's ears...

Or Creationists mouths, but that's not the point here.

Do you believe in the possibility of a universe without god?
quade -

Do you believe in faith?

Do you believe in faith?

Of course. I'm fairly certain that every skydiver that ever took his first step out of an airplane had faith in something. Some might call that faith in god and others might call it faith in the physics of a deploying parachute, but they all had to have some sort of faith in something; even the ones with a suicide-wish. They had to have faith that gravity worked.

Now . . . answer my question.

quade -