rushmc

Is this for real?

Obama, the world's best orator when his teleprompter is working

Every President, since Eisenhower, has relied the teleprompter, with the exception of G.W. Bush. Bush used large note cards due to his inability to follow the teleprompter. Ronald Reagan never gave a speech without a teleprompter.
It is so inept to imply that Obama is the only President to rely on the teleprompter.

He didn't imply that Obama was the only President to rely on a teleprompter.

Every President, since Eisenhower, has relied the teleprompter, with the exception of G.W. Bush. Bush used large note cards due to his inability to follow the teleprompter. Ronald Reagan never gave a speech without a teleprompter.
It is so inept to imply that Obama is the only President to rely on the teleprompter.

Actually, even GWB used a teleprompter.

It's easily Googlable.
http://www.google.com/search?q=bush+teleprompter&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvnsfd&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=n95wTq6FMs3diAKohpSUBw&ved=0CCIQsAQ&biw=1310&bih=996
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Is there a distinction between "using" a teleprompter and "relying" on one? Which presidents did which and who decides?

Is there a distinction between "using" a teleprompter and "relying" on one? Which presidents did which and who decides?

Good point.

When someone's teleprompter fails, I expect them to continue on with their speech without making a bumbling fool out of themselves as if they really believe in the message they are trying to portray. It should come from the heart not from what they are being told to say via their speech writers.

But I would prefer not to focus on teleprompters. I would like to know why people think of these politicians as if they are the solution to all their problems. Politicians from all sides of the fence continue to disappoint, continue to tell their lemmings one thing and then do the exact opposite. I would like to know why public educators are indoctrinating children into the political process?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

When someone's teleprompter fails, I expect them to continue on with their speech without making a bumbling fool out of themselves as if they really believe in the message they are trying to portray, it should come from the heart not from what they are being told to say via their speech writers.

Expecting -anyone- to be able to speak flawlessly and extemporaneously on the wide range of topics in the level of detail required to be presented by the President of the United States is simply unrealistic.

That's why they -all- use teleprompters to begin with. When the teleprompters fail, they will NOT be speaking "from the heart," but will continue to say what their speech writers have written. It's not like paper copies of the speech aren't sitting right in front of them.

I'm talking about -speeches-. This IS the way it's done and it doesn't matter who the hell is giving the speech. Not even Reagan, although his training as an actor did help him be able to memorize large sections and make impromptu remarks.

What you -really- want in your leaders is not so much their ability to be glib, but to not make incredibly fuckwad stupid impromptu remarks; ones that will end up hurting international relations. Yet, they've -all- made them. Some worse than others.
quade -

+100 that is HORSE SHIT.......the press feel in LOVE with Obama. After Bush it felt perfect. Here's a very well spoken black man, smart for sure. He LOOKED great to the world.

Now down the road a bit......

Carter looked good after Nixon (and a bit of Ford)

No different.

For the record they all suck so you out of control Obama freaks fuck off....
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Every President, since Eisenhower, has relied the teleprompter, with the exception of G.W. Bush. Bush used large note cards due to his inability to follow the teleprompter. Ronald Reagan never gave a speech without a teleprompter. It is so inept to imply that Obama is the only President to rely on the teleprompter.

Canuck never said the word "only". You've inserted that yourself, so that you would have a strawman argument to make to defend your hero. But arguing against someone by trying to sneakily change what they said, hoping that no one will notice, is the height of ineptness. You've been caught. Tsk tsk. Discredited once again.

>Do you really think I meant that?
[billvon] There are quite a lot of people here who have gotten to be experts at intentional misunderstanding.

From the Master.

So you're accusing Bill of being in favor of slavery. Nice.

It was good enough for our Founding Fathers. Why not? ;)
quade -

we all know GWB was anything but a fiscal conservative.

Oh, you'd be very wrong about that. I can remember a few years ago certain people on this site arguing with me when I stated Bush wasn't a Conservative. Of course, they could have just been "Intentionally Misunderstanding". :ph34r:

Or maybe they just took Bush at his word, rather than taking your word for it.

I am a conservative because I believe in the power of each individual. My philosophy trusts individuals to make the right decisions for their families and communities [instead of] from distant bureaucracies. I am a conservative because I believe government should be limited and efficient. I am a conservative because I believe in a strong national defense [and] I support free markets and free trade. I am a conservative because I believe government closest to the people governs best.
Source: “A Charge to Keep”, p.235 Dec 9, 1999

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Do you really think I meant that?

There are quite a lot of people here who have gotten to be experts at intentional misunderstanding.

Then you should be really proud of your graduates here professor.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I guess one could make a supjective decision based on stupid shit said with or without one
Abraham Lincoln

So, I guess it's safe to assume you're not using one at this moment. I'm just trying to figure out whether to blame you or your speech writers for your comments.

Believe it or not I felt this one was coming but I posted it anyway:D:D

But then I am not in public office and have never seen one

I dont have a writer either

Do you?
If you do,
it would explain your posittions being all over the board at times!
Abraham Lincoln

I have to admit

This is the way I viewed the site:D:D

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/attack-watch-new-obama-campaign-site-to-fight-smears-becomes-laughing-stock-of-the-internet/2011/09/14/gIQAspHDSK_blog.html

Abraham Lincoln

it would explain your posittions being all over the board at times!

indeed - like defending cops who abuse their power by first saying he never did that, and then backpedaling to saying 'well, I didn't take that threat seriously.'

:D
Abraham Lincoln